Official Thread: Official Gingerbread Rooted!

sacnvz

Reaction score
Well I'm off to bed now if you need more help someone in the thread can help! Lol

Sent from my rooted GB DROID X 1.15 Ghz

Thanks for your help wyld! I'm now on rooted GB!!!!

schrajw

Reaction score
I get nothing when I hold down home and hit (or hold down) power. So, I can't get to the exclamation and so on... Pretty damn sure I'm screwed. Thanks for the info though.

schrajw

Reaction score
So, now the battery goes dead in the middle of the SBF flash... This just keeps on getting better. Guess worst case is a shell out a few hundred and pickup a new phone. Try again in the a.m., if no luck off to upgrade the hardware then.

wyld

Reaction score
Ok ppl sorry for the late reply. I just woke up! Lol There is no need to sbf if your stuck on M logo or a bootloop.

They changed how to get to stock recovery with GB.

Gingerbread Stock Recovery
1. Turn your phone off. Or battery pull.
2. Hold down Home and press the Power. Hold them until the Motorola logo appears
3. Release the Power button, but continue to hold the Home button until you see an exclamation mark (!)
4. Release the Home button and press the Volume UP & Down keys at the same time once (and only once!)
5. Power button to select and Volume up and down to scroll

Wipe data/factory reset in stock recovery when complete reboot system.

Last edited:

wyld

Reaction score
So, now the battery goes dead in the middle of the SBF flash... This just keeps on getting better. Guess worst case is a shell out a few hundred and pickup a new phone. Try again in the a.m., if no luck off to upgrade the hardware then.

I would try to find someone with a Droid x or x2 and use there battery to try to get into your bootloader and re sbf. That's the only thing I think of. Cuz I don't think you phone will charge without software properly installed.

wyld

Reaction score
I'm sorry I fell asleep last night if I seen your post I woulda been able to help you out of that

AZBOY45

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum too. I have a question. My phone is rooted, i'm running Froyo 2.2.1 System Verison 2.3.340.MB810. My question is if i'm already rooted, can I just running the two files as I would do a rom. 'Wipe cache and data then install the 2 zips from the root. Also when my phone completes the reboot will my phone still be rooted.

I've been look reading about GB rooted, looking at youtube videos. I'm all confuse and don't want to brick my phone. Any help would be much appreciate.

Oh, this may be helpful too. My droid is flash to cricket. Would this hinder anything? Meaning can I still go forward. Thx Guys

wyld

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum too. I have a question. My phone is rooted, i'm running Froyo 2.2.1 System Verison 2.3.340.MB810. My question is if i'm already rooted, can I just running the two files as I would do a rom. 'Wipe cache and data then install the 2 zips from the root. Also when my phone completes the reboot will my phone still be rooted.

I've been look reading about GB rooted, looking at youtube videos. I'm all confuse and don't want to brick my phone. Any help would be much appreciate.

Oh, this may be helpful too. My droid is flash to cricket. Would this hinder anything? Meaning can I still go forward. Thx Guys

Absolutely yes to Every question except the cricket issue. Don't know how that will affect your phone. If you flashed it to cricket once already it may be possable to do again. Not sure.

AZBOY45

Reaction score
Hey thx, Wyld for the quick response. I come to this forum alot and have never post anywhere, but here was my first time. Anyway I'm going to go ahead and try it. My wife will probably kill me if I have to re-flash my phone again. What the hay, i'm going to just do it.

So these two files are already rooted to GB. I don't think I have to do anything. I remember when I did my first rom everything came up ok. Oh, well. Thx again.

wyld

Reaction score
As far as flashing the 2 part zip files just fallow the instiction in this thread. There is already posted to get the zip files after your done and back on cricket if possable? Lol let me know how that worked for ya.

AZBOY45

Reaction score
Ok, one last question wyld. Can I just run the two files from BS2 recovery? Or do I have to wipe cache and data first. :) sorry.

wyld

Reaction score
Just like installing a custom rom wipe data factory reset before you install. And make sure the files are extracted not in a file on your sd card. Flash part 1 first and then part 2 Back to back before leaving recovery. Do not reboot phone until part 2 is done. Now is far as the cricket issue. I don't know what problems you might come have after flashing. Lok

schrajw

Reaction score
I'm sorry I fell asleep last night if I seen your post I woulda been able to help you out of that

Not sure you could have, but thanks. Two things that most everyone should know is to place the files on the root of the sd card and have a fully charged or extra charged battery on hand. Can't believe I got myself into this, I knew better and never even thought to check either until it was too late. I know how to get out of this, but can't as I'm WAY out reach of another DX battery. Think it's time to throw in the white flag and get another one.

Btw, am in no way trying to bomb your thread with negatives. I completely support this flash and it will work. I messed this up and apparently there's no way to charge the phone without some sort of ROM installed. If that isn't correct, someone please let me know before I shoot a hole through it with my 357.

wyld

Reaction score
As far as your files not being in the root of your sd card. is most likely not the problem your having right now. I had the same problem when I install the custom rom a few weeks ago. And I didn't know the new button pattern to get into stock recovery gingerbread. I instantly sbf'd. But fortunately I had 60 percent battery life. I posted the new button pattern this morning. A few pages back.
For anyone getting stuck on a boot logo or a boot loop.

Last edited: