Official Thread: Official Gingerbread Rooted!

puck3511

Reaction score
Same thing happens to me I have tried the deodex and odex all in 1 update and both sit at moto logo. I've wiped data before and after and still nothing. I tried redowloading file several times and still nothing.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

wyld

Reaction score
I was told there is a new button pattern to get into stock recover on gingerbread me personally have not experienced a bootloop or stuck on M logo yet! Lol so I don't know the button pattern off the top of my head. But it is posted in the liberty v.o8 bug reports thread. Hope that's helps anyone having issues with that.

Sent from my rooted GB DROID X 1.15 Ghz

sacnvz

Reaction score
I downloaded the two parts for Froyo users and dropped them on my SD Card. I was on the OTA GB so I SBF'd back to Froyo and rooted with Z4. Oh, and I also bought the Droid2 bootstrap app and installed it.

So when I went into recovery to start installing Part 1, I got a message that said the file was "Bad". Did anyone else have this issue?

wyld

Reaction score
Remember to install part 2 before you leave clockwork after doing part 1! One after the other back to back!!!

wyld

Reaction score
How did that work out for ya?

wyld

Reaction score
Make sure the 2 part files are in the root of SD card not in a file. I'm sure you know use your file manager moving files around. Boot into clockwork wipe data factory reset then Install zip from SD card. Install part 1 first then part 2 back to back without leaving recovery. Its easy I've done it a couple of times now

wyld

Reaction score
Well I'm off to bed now if you need more help someone in the thread can help! Lol

schrajw

Reaction score
Hey, guys. Relatively new around here, wondering if someone would be willing to lend me a hand. Followed the GB update instructions from this and practically identical threads posted out there. Thought I had done enough homework, but didn't know enough to save the zips into the root of the sd card (which I'm thinking is where I went wrong). I loaded the two zips using D2 bootstrap and rebooted. I now get the slowly flashing red M logo, which eventually stays on solid after 10-20 mins. Did I miss some button press sequence or something?

Any comments to help would be so appreciated at this point. I've never bricked a phone, so guess if this is the first it had to happen sooner or later. Is there a quick fix to move and reload the GB zip files, or am I looking at some serious reprogramming? Again, TIA bigtime to anyone with some time on their hands to help me out.

sacnvz

Reaction score
Make sure the 2 part files are in the root of SD card not in a file. I'm sure you know use your file manager moving files around. Boot into clockwork wipe data factory reset then Install zip from SD card. Install part 1 first then part 2 back to back without leaving recovery. Its easy I've done it a couple of times now

Now when you say "in the root of SD card, not in a file" you mean that the files are listed at the very bottom of the list when you're in clockwork?

That's where I put them last time.

sacnvz

Reaction score
Hey, guys. Relatively new around here, wondering if someone would be willing to lend me a hand. Followed the GB update instructions from this and practically identical threads posted out there. Thought I had done enough homework, but didn't know enough to save the zips into the root of the sd card (which I'm thinking is where I went wrong). I loaded the two zips using D2 bootstrap and rebooted. I now get the slowly flashing red M logo, which eventually stays on solid after 10-20 mins. Did I miss some button press sequence or something?

Any comments to help would be so appreciated at this point. I've never bricked a phone, so guess if this is the first it had to happen sooner or later. Is there a quick fix to move and reload the GB zip files, or am I looking at some serious reprogramming? Again, TIA bigtime to anyone with some time on their hands to help me out.

I'm installing Part 1 now. I'll let you know how it goes for me.

schrajw

Reaction score
Good luck. Take serious note of where you place the zips. I'm finding out that's most likely the cause of my bricking. Currently learning how to SBF back to bone stock via bootloader and rsd lite interface. This isn't all that fun, but a learning experience. Somebody stop me if there's a quick way out of my situation.

sacnvz

Reaction score

Did you wipe data and factory reset before installing the two parts? Try this, power off your phone. Hold down the home button and hit the power button while holding the home button. When you see the exclamation mark let go of the home button and click the search button. Then choose wipe data/factory reset. When that completes choose reboot phone. Then report back.

Hope that helps!