Official Thread: Gingerbread Leak With Root! Get It Now!

foxky

Reaction score
So if I am running Liberty 1.5, can I just flash this right over it? Or do I have to SBF back?

Wow, uh anybody?

You need to be running rooted stock Blur to flash the rooted, deodexed Gingerbread. I would SBF instead of using maderstcok. I did and I don't experience any issues with my phone.

you can flash it over a rom. its an sbf in update.zip format, I did it over liberty. if you have unrooted gb, you have to sbf back to .340 to flash the others.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

alosenster

Reaction score

mikey4226

Reaction score
I'm experiencing screen lag, bad battery life (eats it up fast), DX getting hotter and I can not get into recovery!!!!
I just did a factory reset so now I'm back to GB stock just to get rid of the headaches. Once I can get into recover, I'm going back to my trusty Liberty 1.5 Until this becomes official.

Totally Weird. I did the factory reset and everything is back up, but I did not set up anything yet like google. I turned phone off to put my sd card back in and booted it back up and now I have recovery??????

About the DX getting hotter ... I believe the increase in temp is due to the increased brightness on the bottom buttons. Someone mentioned an app that will allow you to turn the brightness down. It's somewhere in this thread. Check battery use in settings to find out what's hogging your power. Give it another try! :)

I read through the while thread again and don't recall anyone mentioning an app to turn down the brighteness of the bottom buttons. Also I'm having issues with the phone heating up (consistently over 100F) since flashing gbrooteddeodexed. Does anyone know why? I'm concerned my battery life is going to take a hit from all this overheating.

zoe

Reaction score
adjbrightness app in market allows you to kill the button lights and lots more

[insert_here]

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you're having issues with gingy, you can try doing another factory reset.

candijacobs

Reaction score
I'm experiencing screen lag, bad battery life (eats it up fast), DX getting hotter and I can not get into recovery!!!!
I just did a factory reset so now I'm back to GB stock just to get rid of the headaches. Once I can get into recover, I'm going back to my trusty Liberty 1.5 Until this becomes official.

Totally Weird. I did the factory reset and everything is back up, but I did not set up anything yet like google. I turned phone off to put my sd card back in and booted it back up and now I have recovery??????

About the DX getting hotter ... I believe the increase in temp is due to the increased brightness on the bottom buttons. Someone mentioned an app that will allow you to turn the brightness down. It's somewhere in this thread. Check battery use in settings to find out what's hogging your power. Give it another try! :)

I read through the while thread again and don't recall anyone mentioning an app to turn down the brighteness of the bottom buttons. Also I'm having issues with the phone heating up (consistently over 100F) since flashing gbrooteddeodexed. Does anyone know why? I'm concerned my battery life is going to take a hit from all this overheating.

Zoe named the app I was referring to. (I guess I saw it in a different forum. Sorry about that.) Have you had a chance try it? If so, have you noticed any change in the overheating?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

droidxethan

Reaction score
Oreoslice is being made for GB right now hopefully will be done soon :) ill link it here when it is

dg4892

Reaction score

mikey4226

Reaction score
Zoe named the app I was referring to. (I guess I saw it in a different forum. Sorry about that.) Have you had a chance try it? If so, have you noticed any change in the overheating?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I d/l'd it this morning. The overheating problem does seem to have improved. However, I'm not if it's because of the app or not since the phone was charging overnight, so it had about 5 hours to cool off. Maybe the phone was just overworked from all the backing/wiping/flashing/customizing I was doing.

Regardless, AdjBrightness is a pretty good app. It lets you lower the screen brightness even lower than what the stock android brightness adjustment allows. The toggle for the hard button back-lighting doesn't allow for any adjustment, though...either always on or always off.

On a completely unrelated note....I've noticed that when I use swype to text and i double tap on a word to pull up the word choice bubble, it gets covered up by the copy/paste popup menu. If I press the back button the clear out of the popup menu, I can still see the swype word choice bubble, but I can't select a word. The only way I can change a word while swyping is to double tap on the word, cut it, and then retype it. Does anyone know of a better way to do that?

dg4892

Reaction score
Custom rom for dx gb. Google it.its pretty snappy I'd say

droidxethan

Reaction score
Oh this theme is for stock GB didn't even really no there were any roms out I mean I figured there was but hadn't looked into it