Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

Motorola's DROID BIONIC LTE smartphone, first announced at this year's International Consumer Electronics Show, will launch this summer with Verizon Wireless. Based on compelling feedback since the show, we are incorporating several enhancements to make this an even better consumer experience. This includes expanded features, functionality and an improved form factor. Motorola Mobility and Verizon Wireless are very excited about bringing the 'new' DROID BIONIC to market.

Droid-Life via
Motorola

Last edited:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I cant wait to see whats changed. Improved form factor....hmmmm..

So I assume we will start seeing new pics of this modified phone?

ajk23az

Reaction score
I'm up for an upgrade on May 6th. I really want a dual core 4g phone but the Thunderbolt is going to be hard to pass up.

npro1464

Reaction score
Question is.... will it have an unlocked bootloader?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ajk23az

Reaction score
why should we ignore the january date on this?

+1 Why should we ignore the release date on this, nothing i can see that points out that this is recent.

Yesterday, we first reported that the DROID Bionic was slowly being removed from Motorola’s site, which came as a little surprise since we all know that it has been delayed until this summer while Moto enhances it. That removal though, is now complete and the only page left that even mentions the word “Bionic” is the one you are seeing above.
And this updated page (even with that old date on it), talks of a “new” Bionic that sounds exactly like the one we’ve been hinting at for 2 weeks now, the Targa. Here is the most meaningful quote from the release which points out that the original Bionic is not the one you’ll be seeing this summer – something we’ve been telling you over and over again since that first cancellation rumor came out.

Official: The “New” DROID Bionic is on the Way with an “Improved Form Factor” - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

ajk23az

Reaction score
why should we ignore the january date on this?

+1 Why should we ignore the release date on this, nothing i can see that points out that this is recent.

Yesterday, we first reported that the DROID Bionic was slowly being removed from Motorola’s site, which came as a little surprise since we all know that it has been delayed until this summer while Moto enhances it. That removal though, is now complete and the only page left that even mentions the word “Bionic” is the one you are seeing above.

And this updated page (even with that old date on it), talks of a “new” Bionic that sounds exactly like the one we’ve been hinting at for 2 weeks now, the Targa. Here is the most meaningful quote from the release which points out that the original Bionic is not the one you’ll be seeing this summer – something we’ve been telling you over and over again since that first cancellation rumor came out.

Official: The “New” DROID Bionic is on the Way with an “Improved Form Factor” - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do the expanded features include a $300 price tag?

lol....yea, that is something we wanna know. I dont get it. Sprint's 4G phones dont cost that much on contract. The EVO is probably still more than the EVO Shift, and the Shift came out later..

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
As much as i want to see that phone and i had a whole thread about the cancellation, there is nothing official in the post and i added another quote from it:

"...That removal though, is now complete and the only page left that even mentions the word “Bionic” is the one you are seeing above." (a page with a jan' 5th date on it)

Don't get me wrong i am really interested in the phone just looking for something official to know if i should wait or get the g2x.