OP
M

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
Whoops didn't mean to add fuel to that fire lol.

EDIT: there might be a script I overlooked that oc's it but i dont think so. I'll report back with the info when I find out 100% what it is.

Last edited:

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
He said blue is the underclocked but when you boot it's grey? So, isn't gray the 600 and blue the 800?

OP
M

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
He said blue is the underclocked but when you boot it's grey? So, isn't gray the 600 and blue the 800?

IDK the cpu button will drop it down 200mhz but i dont know if it takes over on boot or not. With my stock rom using the same boot img the rom does not overclock on boot.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmm, alright. I saw something about another MIUI being dropped today?

Edit: As in another version

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
M1 you can use this script to oc:

It doesn't do it stock, but you can easily get it to do it at boot up. Just edit the 99complete file located in "/system/etc/init.d/" and include the following lines for the value you wish to change at startup.

To change your CPU maximum:
echo "xxxxxxx" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

To change you CPU minimum:
echo "xxxxxxx" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq

To change your scaling governor:
echo "yyyyyy" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

Change the x's to be you max:

800000 = 800Mhz
900000 = 900Mhz
1000000 = 1Ghz
1100000 = 1.1Ghz
1200000 = 1.2Ghz

Change the y's to be whatever governor you wish to use (such as interactive). The default is ondemand, so if you don't include that line, that's what the governor will be.

OP
M

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
P.S. a little status update on this weeks rom.

I ported most of the milestone rom over to the droid. Meaning I did not do a complete port of the libs and etc. I ported most of them though. The same problems occur even with MIUI's new motorola framework patch. It's the first official release from them so we'll see about doing a full system port. I am very busy today and tomorrow morning so I will not be doing any more hands on work. I'm available for testers that want to try on their own.

OP
M

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
M1 you can use this script to oc:

It doesn't do it stock, but you can easily get it to do it at boot up. Just edit the 99complete file located in "/system/etc/init.d/" and include the following lines for the value you wish to change at startup.

To change your CPU maximum:
echo "xxxxxxx" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

To change you CPU minimum:
echo "xxxxxxx" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq

To change your scaling governor:
echo "yyyyyy" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

Change the x's to be you max:

800000 = 800Mhz
900000 = 900Mhz
1000000 = 1Ghz
1100000 = 1.1Ghz
1200000 = 1.2Ghz

Change the y's to be whatever governor you wish to use (such as interactive). The default is ondemand, so if you don't include that line, that's what the governor will be.

Thanks for the tip tp4bama. I wont be adding any overlock lines to it though. I am very much against overclocking on boot even with 800mhz.

hoppermi

Reaction score
I ported most of the milestone rom over to the droid. Meaning I did not do a complete port of the libs and etc. I ported most of them though. The same problems occur even with MIUI's new motorola framework patch. It's the first official release from them so we'll see about doing a full system port. I am very busy today and tomorrow morning so I will not be doing any more hands on work. I'm available for testers that want to try on their own.

Thanks for the update metiCkOne. I wish I could help. My phone is available for testing, but I'm clueless about porting.

OP
M

metiCkOne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I didn't upload the file before I came to work so whoever does test it needs to know how to port the apks, which is the easy part. Pretty much any of us can do that with a little bit of knowledge.

mjh68

Reaction score
Has anyone been in contact with the MIUI dev team, to ask if they would consider releasing a droid port themselves ? I know since the Droid CDMA format isn't used in china it probably wouldn't be a priority, but curious if they would do it for their fans in America ?

crackedvenom

Reaction score

id test it for ya

frostthejack

Reaction score
I didn't upload the file before I came to work so whoever does test it needs to know how to port the apks, which is the easy part. Pretty much any of us can do that with a little bit of knowledge.

I would love to test it but I think I will be pulling 16 hour shifts all weekend and would not have the time to port.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk