Official Team D1-MIUI-10.29-V6.X Release

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I wish the MIUI dev would stop putting out updates so much with stuff that still isnt fixed. They fix one thing...and then something else (that used to work) doesnst work anymore.

They go from network location working, to not working in new versions.

IMHO new versions are supposed to fixes to things that werent working. Not fixing one thing and breaking another. That defeats the purpose. Plus Having to full wipe flash each week sucks when something in v5 worked and now doesnt work in v6.

I wish MIUI would hold off on releasing their full stable working version after a month of work rather than taking one step forward and one step back with each release.

I am referring to the chinese devs by the way...not D1 team.

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
I wish the MIUI dev would stop putting out updates so much with stuff that still isnt fixed. They fix one thing...and then something else (that used to work) doesnst work anymore.

IMHO new versions are supposed to fixes to things that werent working. Not fixing one thing and breaking another. That defeats the purpose. Plus Having to full wipe flash each week sucks when something in v5 worked and now doesnt work in v6.

I wish MIUI would hold off on releasing their full stable working version after a month of work rather than taking one step forward and one step back with each release.

Yakitori, do not speculate without having tried first. Network location works fine. And you do not have to full wipe... there's no point in it. The official Chinese versions do not require a full wipe so there is no reason that the English version need this either.

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Best ROM to date. +1 on location not working on weather. Where is the new weather feature I saw on the MIUI website? Is it included in this release?

It will be included as an update later it wasn't translated yet.

Sent from my HERO200 using DroidForums App

I take it that it's already begun being translated? :D

I'm pretty sure. I'm away visiting family so I'm out of the loop for now. I'll be back sometime Sunday east coast time. I'm sure metickone will take care of it he did a great job with v6 getting it out the day the new miui was released. He spent over 8 hours getting this thing out for you guys and tried a couple different things which might have broke network location. But it will be taken care of.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Yakitori, do not speculate without having tried first. Network location works fine. And you do not have to full wipe... there's no point in it. The official Chinese versions do not require a full wipe so there is no reason that the English version need this either.

IMHO we ask that people wipe between versions so the we can tell what bugs are from the current version being flashed.

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score

IMHO we ask that people wipe between versions so the we can tell what bugs are from the current version being flashed.

Good point. For the majority of users not having issues though, it prolly isn't necessary.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will be testing this all day. Looks and feels amazing so far. My first MIUI install and all is well so far.

Will report back with issues.

BlackDiamond

Reaction score
I was running MIUI 6.1 and had to downgrade back to .5. I was haveing problems with LOOKOUT, and Rom managers when i clicked on manage back-ups it would force close. And the fact that the weather location dosnt work is a big turn off.. So i will await the fix's and try again!!

eggsped

Reaction score
I just installed this after a fresh wipe and it is a very nice upgrade. Network location does not work if this is installed after a wipe, I don't know if it does after upgrade so I can't confirm. I have a backup of V5 but at this point I'm not looking back. I for one don't mind weekly updates and actually look forward to them. With weekly releases I can choose whether I want to update weekly or monthly.

publicanimal

Reaction score
Location working here....did you turn on wifi???

Turn off WiFi, its the network location that does not work

Actually hadn't tested it but turned off wifi and now weather location works.

Ah, that must have been my problem as well. Interesting that it won't work with wifi on, but I guess I would generally only need it when I'm away from home and 99% of the time I'm away from home I'm not on wifi. So not a big deal at all.

I was getting force closes every time I opened the dialer but apparently I'm the only one, so it must have been something I did. The only things I can think of are installing a newer version of busybox through Busybox Installer, and restoring my call log through MyBackup.

This was late last night and I needed to make calls this morning so in the mean time I've flashed back to v5. I will be toying around with v6.1 later this afternoon.

stead2120

Reaction score
I'm still in love with D1-MIUI-0.10.15-v4.1.1 just because of the lock screen and it runs flawless for me. I did test this new one out, and everything seems fine accept for getting FC's when trying to make a phone call or going into my contacts.

taward09

Reaction score
I feel awful that I'm going to have to overlook this release for now...CM 6.1 has been doing me well for a while now.
If I could have anything in the world, though, I'd want the MMS, Phone, and Contacts app ported to other ROMs. That'd be the shiz. I tried taking them out of the MIUI 4.1.1 .zip, but they would just FC. If requests are being taken, count me in.

publicanimal

Reaction score
Anyone having f/c when using phone dialer:icon_eek:

Yes! I thought I was the only one. Weird that it works for some and not others. I had to flash back to v5 for the day (so I could make phone calls) but I will be back to test it out later this afternoon.