[!!OFFICIAL!! TEAM D1-MIUI]-10.15-v4.X Release

publicanimal

Reaction score
I hit a snag... boot logo boot loops when trying to install a custom kernel. I've tried 4 kernels so far and all of them sent me into boot loops. I hope I get one that works, I didn't do a nandroid backup yet. This wasn't an issue on any of the previous versions. :icon_eek:

EDIT: I was able to boot when I flashed one of Slayher's 1.6 kernels, but none of Chevy's kernels worked not even a 800 MHz med v kernel. Any ideas as to why?

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
I hit a snag... boot logo boot loops when trying to install a custom kernel. I've tried 4 kernels so far and all of them sent me into boot loops. I hope I get one that works, I didn't do a nandroid backup yet. This wasn't an issue on any of the previous versions. :icon_eek:

EDIT: I was able to boot when I flashed one of Slayher's 1.6 kernels, but none of Chevy's kernels worked not even a 800 MHz med v kernel. Any ideas as to why?

Chevy's 800 used to work for me, but hasn't since like v3.0.

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score
MIUI v4.1.1 Modded Edition (Includes Missing Apps)

Zen, I couldn't figure out how to delete files from the system with your new updater script, so until then I am releasing my Mod in the same fashion as before.

Based off D1-MIUI-0.10.15 v4.1.1, which is originally missing a couple essential apps. My modified version includes these missing apps and more. The only app I have removed is the Gmail app, which you can download from the Market.

• Added Additional Ringtones Found In Bugless Beast
  • Custom Droid Boot Animation Found In Lithium Mod
  • Disabled Camera Shutter / Video Recording Sounds
  • Set WiFi Scan Interval To "90" For Better Battery
  • Deleted Redundancies From /System/Build.Prop File
  • Deleted Apps That Can Be Obtained On The Market
    • Gmail
  • Added Apps That Were Missing From The Package
    • Car Home Launcher
    • GoogleFeedback.apk
    • OneTimeInitializer.apk
*mod edit* deleted link for now.

publicanimal

Reaction score
Zen, I couldn't figure out how to delete files from the system with your new updater script, so until then I am releasing my Mod in the same fashion as before.

Based off D1-MIUI-0.10.15 v4.1.1, which is originally missing a couple essential apps. My modified version includes these missing apps and more. The only app I have removed is the Gmail app, which you can download from the Market.

• Gmail
    • Car Home Launcher
    • GoogleFeedback.apk
    • OneTimeInitializer.apk

What do GoogleFeedback and OneTimeInitializer actually do?

OP
zenulator

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

• Gmail
    • Car Home Launcher
    • GoogleFeedback.apk
    • OneTimeInitializer.apk

:icon_eek: so once again you take the rom and post it somewhere else.

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score

• Gmail
    • Car Home Launcher
    • GoogleFeedback.apk
    • OneTimeInitializer.apk
Download Here: D1-MIUI-0.10.15-v4.1.1-Mod.zip

What do GoogleFeedback and OneTimeInitializer actually do?

I believe GoogleFeedback is what sends Force Close data back to Google. Without it, you will get a Force Close when trying to send Force Close data ;)

Not sure what OneTimeInitializer is. Couldn't find any information on it other than the fact that it is present in every Droid ROM.

publicanimal

Reaction score

• Gmail
    • Car Home Launcher
    • GoogleFeedback.apk
    • OneTimeInitializer.apk

The fragmentation is a little obnoxious, but I appreciate what he's bringing to the table with this. Though the vast majority of this could simply have been a mod and not an entire ROM, couldn't it have? The only thing you removed was Gmail.

OP
zenulator

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

• Gmail
    • Car Home Launcher
    • GoogleFeedback.apk
    • OneTimeInitializer.apk

The fragmentation is a little obnoxious, but I appreciate what he's bringing to the table with this. Though the vast majority of this could simply have been a mod and not an entire ROM, couldn't it have? The only thing you removed was Gmail.

I put up a sticky on how to make an update to the rom. I'm sure a google search can provide a link on how to delete a file through the update script. Something like delete_package xxxxxxx added to the script.

OP
zenulator

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
delete package update script android. Search Google.

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score

I put up a sticky on how to make an update to the rom. I'm sure a google search can provide a link on how to delete a file through the update script. Something like delete_package xxxxxxx added to the script.

I'm confused as to why you deleted all of my posts for my mod??? You don't own MIUI, so how are you about to control the rights to it's distribution? It's getting a bit annoying how much in control you feel you need to be. Not to mention how unprofessional you have been acting over PM.

PickYourKing

Reaction score
I think that Zenulator is just trying to keep everything neater, there are so many threads with so many different mods for this that it can confuse people. I can understand why you'd be upset but try to see it from his point of view. As for PM's obviously that is none of my business, dude might just be busy.

OP
zenulator

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

I'm confused as to why you deleted all of my posts for my mod??? You don't own MIUI, so how are you about to control the rights to it's distribution? It's getting a bit annoying how much in control you feel you need to be. Not to mention how unprofessional you have been acting over PM.

mount("MTD", "userdata", "/data");
delete("/data/app/someapp)

I just spent 5 mins searching for this for you. And I didn't delete your thread. I'm not a mod. We spent many hours to make this work on the droid. Its not like you can go download from miui.cn and have this work on the droid.

I even tried to teach you how to make an update so you don't have to waist 70mb upload for a couple ripped ringtones and bootanimations.

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

• Gmail
    • Car Home Launcher
    • GoogleFeedback.apk
    • OneTimeInitializer.apk
*mod edit* deleted link for now

you could have pmed one of us to add those apps, fragmentation can lead to new users to not know which build to download. Also fragmentation also makes bugtracking more difficult.

jamezelle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

I deleted your latest thread and am thinking of deleting the others, this is the D1-Team's version of the miui. What if seven other people just posted mockup's of the rom in this forum?(you wouldn't see that on cyanogen's forum(however his code is just as open as ours is)) who would know what to download??

this isn't a git where you can just easily post commits to our base. we don't feel like we own the rom, we ported it to the droid and have been updating it, then you post not just updates(which could have been forwarded to us via pm) but post full roms, maybe you could have accidentally added/deleted/edited something that will cause more bugs that make debugging harder for the rest of us(this is common with sourced based roms).