[!!OFFICIAL!! TEAM D1-MIUI]-10.15-v4.X Release

bigmike35

Reaction score
So far so good. Seems to run smooth. Is the Facebook sync a work in progress mine doesn't seem to sync also I notcied I the fb app there was no option to say sync friends or sync all. Thanks

fox_dye

Reaction score
Yeah it was clean I'm going to give it a good wipe and install this version. I will let you know how it goes in a few. I am running 4.0 right now.

killjoylm1

Reaction score
Zen, under accounts and settings I can't add my facebook account. However, that's my only glitch so far. Good job on bringing it all back together...things were starting to get fragmented there with everyone working on making their own mods.

UNC

Reaction score
Good job zen, got this up and running, and its great. The only thing I want is Facebook sync, for me that is very important!

No bugs thusfar, still digging around.

publicanimal

Reaction score
This was the first ROM I've seen that didn't have Maps.apk included in /system/app. No matter though, once I installed it from Market everything popped up including navigation.

fox_dye

Reaction score
Had a smooth install. Apps did not restore. No force closes. All settings work. Miui backup works all is well.

droidbionic

Reaction score
does SD card & phone storage in settings force close like the older versions of MIUI roms?

OP
zenulator

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
This was the first ROM I've seen that didn't have Maps.apk included in /system/app. No matter though, once I installed it from Market everything popped up including navigation.

Exactly, I tried to keep all "apps that are downloadable from the market" out so I left maps out too. I could have done gmail too since thats downloadable now.

publicanimal

Reaction score

Exactly, I tried to keep all "apps that are downloadable from the market" out so I left maps out too. I could have done gmail too since thats downloadable now.

Yeah, might as well leave Gmail out in the future as well. For some reason I thought that only updates to Google Maps were available in the market, good to know that it's the whole enchilada.

This is a really good move as having these Google apps in /system/app can cause problems (update failed notifications) when trying to update from the market.

One thing though, if you don't leave CarHomeLauncher.apk in /system/app then an icon for Car Home will not show on the home screen. I had to import one in and fix the permissions to get the icon to show. It is only its counterpart CarHomeGoogle.apk that is available in the market.

OP
zenulator

zenulator

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Yeah, might as well leave Gmail out in the future as well. For some reason I thought that only updates to Google Maps were available in the market, good to know that it's the whole enchilada.

This is a really good move as having these Google apps in /system/app can cause problems (update failed notifications) when trying to update from the market.

One thing though, if you don't leave CarHomeLauncher.apk in /system/app then an icon for Car Home will not show on the home screen. I had to import one in and fix the permissions to get the icon to show. It is only its counterpart CarHomeGoogle.apk that is available in the market.

I posted a generic update guide along with a downloadable zip and stickied it for anyone that wants to make an update to include CarHomeLauncher or any others like ringtones bootanimations etc....

I'm trying to keep the main D1-MIUI rom as clean as possible.

Jrizzill

Developer
Reaction score

I posted a generic update guide along with a downloadable zip and stickied it for anyone that wants to make an update to include CarHomeLauncher or any others like ringtones bootanimations etc....

I'm trying to keep the main D1-MIUI rom as clean as possible.

Car Home Launcher is a default Droid system app.