Official STOCK 901 Update Thread (No Rooting Discussions)

Stealth_tC

Reaction score
OK, if I'm downloading it through mediafile its not working for me. Says download unsuccessful.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I'm trying to download this right to my phone as well being that I don't have a PC (mac for life) and I'm getting the same thing! Is there a "download" setting I'm missing or something, or ????

steelman52

Reaction score
That's my problem. The 5.5.893 OTA update keeps failing. The link you pointed me to on post #117 says it roots the phone when it does it's thing, and I really wasn't wanting to root it, just get it back to stock and on the upgrade path. Are there any other fixes to get it back to stock that doesn't root the phone? (I've already done the fix to take it from 5.7.897(?) to 5.5.886, which was supposed to get it to a state to accept the 5.5.893 OTA update, but something has gone foul)

Edit:
I have tried to use the link at post #117 for about 10 hours now. It says I can't access the download links unless I'm a registered member. I joined 10 hours ago but the download links are still unavailable. WTF?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

droidbear79

Reaction score
I recently found the link to manually install the .901 update, and had no trouble with getting it onto my bionic. I had the phone a couple days before the system updated from ??? to .893. I noticed immediately that I was having phone signal drops, constant data drops, and restarts were not helping the issue. I would have no service icon up, yet be able to connect to data tho not call out, or i could call but no data etc. I even resorted to calling customer service who recommended a simcard change, and was telling me it was just growing pains of the 4G network. Curious, I turned to the forum here, and nearly immediately found the force install of the leaked .901 update that spoke of solving many of these issues. I got it downloaded and installed, and the phone has been like it should have been out of the box.
phone and data service changes are quicker for me, and I like some others, still have a periodic data drop, but only for a few moments, and I'm finding that seems to be when I'm too far to successfully reach 4G, but close enough to grab it for a few seconds. Otherwise, network swapping is smoother and better than even my old R2D2 was. I rarely keep my phone off charge, except when i'm out of my truck, but i've noticed the battery doesn't drop off so quickly when at rest. Applications seem to load a bit faster, and overall it has been much better. The device has only frozen up once since the update, and i'm currently at 28+ hours uptime with no slowdown at all. Thanks very much to who had snagged that update from Motorola. I was just about to drop kick it back to Best Buy without it.

nateohio

Reaction score
@steelman Have you logged in?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

steelman52

Reaction score
@steelman Have you logged in?

Yes, I've registered and logged in many times. I checked this morning I still wasn't able to access the links, it's been almost 24 hours now. I have just sent a message to the Webmaster at Droid World, maybe that will help??? At this point i'm stuck at .886 and have tried everything else that I know of but to no avail. The .993 OTA update fails everytime. That's what I get for messing around with those leaked updates! :frown:

INCREMENTAL

Reaction score
I have a question, thanking about trading my Gnex in for a Bionic n a few hrs, see (Gnex user with questions) thread if u want the story. Anyways what happens when u go to the 903 update and Verizon finally pushes out a more polished update. Will u still get all the updates OTA or do u have to reverse a method to get it?

Sent from Galaxy Nexy Sexy using DroidForums :)

nateohio

Reaction score
I have a question, thanking about trading my Gnex in for a Bionic n a few hrs, see (Gnex user with questions) thread if u want the story. Anyways what happens when u go to the 903 update and Verizon finally pushes out a more polished update. Will u still get all the updates OTA or do u have to reverse a method to get it?

901 was officially pushed out "accidentally". That means that it will be supported and we will most likely be able to snatch from the cache before installing. Just like most of us have recieved the 901 update in first place.

If by a far chance, we can't, there is always the route back to 100% stock that P3Droid and the guys over at rootzwiki developed. So either way, we are covered.

steelman52

Reaction score
OK, got it! I had to re-register for whatever reason. My Bionic is now on .901 and hopefully back on update path for future updates... :)

jkliving92

Reaction score

Since they did officially push it out to some bionics, accident or not, you shouldn't have a problem when they push the next update. That just speculation and commen sense at this point though.

Stealth_tC

Reaction score
I've been trying to download this to my phone forever now, but everytime I try I get "download unsuccessful" and I don't have access to a pc. And I just tried to download again on my phone and when I click the link, nothing happens! I really need this update because my phone data service sucks....can someone please help?

Rckymtn

Reaction score
I've been trying to download this to my phone forever now, but everytime I try I get "download unsuccessful" and I don't have access to a pc. And I just tried to download again on my phone and when I click the link, nothing happens! I really need this update because my phone data service sucks....can someone please help?

Try going to an internet cafe or public library and use their computers to download the file and transfer the file to your phone with the usb charge cable.

The update made my phone much more stable with data.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

I asked someone who was able to download it with their phone and their reply was:

wooddale said:
I just went to a thread Droid Bionic recieving Mysterious 5.9.901 OTA and downloaed http://db.tt/b8eleKEi

Last edited:

Stealth_tC

Reaction score
I finally got it!! A friend at work brought in his tablet and I got it from him and installed just fine! Thanks for your help!! :)

toyosup88

Reaction score
My 4g connection is 10x better on 5.5.893. I tried 901 twice and all it does is keep dropping my strong 4g signal randomly