Official ShadowRom v0.2.2 Thread

Discussion in 'ShadowROM' started by Squadalah_man, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Squadalah_man

Squadalah_man Member

mountain view, callifornia (home of google and the
    Ratings:
    +0
    This thread is to discuss v0.2.2 only, if you don't know how to get it go to ShadowROM and find out.

First impressions:

Well I opened all the settings and looked around, its the same good shromie. Now for me it was slow at first cause it went back to stock kernel and I lost swap and all my apps flooded back. Also I lost my drop theme. None of that is shroms fault so no biggie.
    I said what the hell and tried launcher pro and I think adw is more friendly and customizable and possibly faster.

Second look:

I tried to install the shrom gapps but no cigar I don't know if this means no theming apks/widgets anymore but I know it will be explained. There is really nothing changed except for some added settings and changes in the performance section. Very clean alpha :)

Squadala we are off!

#1 Squadalah_man, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2010
  2. billygalbreath

Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Gapps package must be installed right after the rom zip (without a reboot in between).

3. gmmurphy

gmmurphy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    good point, that is where i got screwed up..... now im flying

4. billygalbreath

Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    The reason for not rebooting between rom and gapps installation is simple.

Gapps package contains all the Google Apps needed on the first startup after a fresh wipe that are needed to get the system linked up with Google again (Setup Wizard, Market, Framework stuff, Maps stuff, and other proprietary apps and even library files). If you reboot without these Gapps the system will set itself up without the links to Google in place. After its been setup, you cannot manually (or in zip form) add the google apps (gapps) into the system and expect them to work, or even show up.

Gapps need to be installed before the firstboot ever runs in order to link everything correctly as needed.

;)

5. ClickClack911

ClickClack911 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No issues with "Shrom" 0.2.2.... Other than the new Youtube will not update in Market! I move from /system to /data, back to /system..... Nothing works. Anybody know of a solution!?!?!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

6. neilrl79

neilrl79 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Can that be done with SPrecovery?

7. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    To get youtube to update, you don't just move them to data, you have to uninstall the previous youtube, then reboot. Then go to the market, and youtube should download perfectlu!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

8. billygalbreath

Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    It can be done, with extra work involved, but we do not support SPRecovery, so I will not list the steps.

We only support Clockwork Recovery.

9. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How can you not support the most stable recovery that has been made for the droid?

Either way, after installing the rom as an update.zip, you will have to go into partitions (or something along those lines, not sure what it's exactly called anymore) and rename the rom to something else, and the gapps packacke to update.zip. Then you unmount, and apply the update.zip. after that, reboot and everything should be just fine.

I would list the steps better, but I'm on my phone so it was a lot to just type this :p

10. billygalbreath

Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    SPRecovery is sorely outdated and lacking in features. Clockwork Recovery is far superior, and more stable than SPRecovery now.

11. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The features part, sure, but how can you be more stable than something without problems and made specifically for our phone?

12. mojo_droid

mojo_droid Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    or you can download the rom and the gapps on your cpu and move the gapps from their own zip file to the roms update.zip file to merge them into one. then move the roms update.zip which has rom and the gapps in it to your phone and install via sprecovery...I dont use sprecovery, but this should work as well as what tank said. I do it this way most of the time because I remove apps like youtube so I can easily use the market version for the apps I want or remove the apps I dont use that are included, instead of having to go through the extra steps to uninstall them after I flash a rom

#12 mojo_droid, Nov 4, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
Search tags for this page

mb300

sbf v 0.5 para motorola mb300

shadowrom wizard