[OFFICIAL] Samsung Galaxy S4 Waiting Room

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Thinking about getting this, but not sure.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I'll just leave this here

gs4vzw.png

bigd2442

Reaction score
Sweet! So probably in stores 23rd or so.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

joemontana

Reaction score
I bought my Charge from Costco. After about a year the charging port stopped working. I took it to the VZW store, they checked it out, then dropshipped a new phone to me. From my experience, it doesn't matter in the slightest *where* you buy your phone. If it's a VZW phone, they deal with it.

The biggest issue with buying from a retailer is that you have to deal with warranty issues through the retailer, Verizon cannot help you.

Sent from my VZW Samsung Galaxy S4.

joemontana

Reaction score
I may get my S4 today. I got a text from Costco that says they have 12 black S4's and 12 white S4's. I'm not interested in a white one, reminds me too much of a fruit phone.
Costco opens at 10am, but what with being a teacher at a rural school, and picking my dog up at the groomers, it's probably going to be close to 5pm by the time I get there. We'll see if they have any black ones left.

I like buying from Costco, typically they are cheaper (although at $199 I think this time they are inline with others), They give quite a bit of value added stuff like a car charger, sometimes a case.

jseah

Reaction score
I bought my Charge from Costco. After about a year the charging port stopped working. I took it to the VZW store, they checked it out, then dropshipped a new phone to me. From my experience, it doesn't matter in the slightest *where* you buy your phone. If it's a VZW phone, they deal with it.

I believe you had time on your side. You also probably didn't mention that you purchased the phone from Costco and not the Verizon store. If you had just purchased the phone from Costco and needed a warranty replacement and told the people at Verizon you bought it elsewhere, they would have told you to contact the place you bought the phone from.