[OFFICIAL] Samsung Galaxy S4 Waiting Room

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
You all know the drill. We are almost there :big smile: I don't know whats going to happen with this phone. I think its either going to be a letdown (because of high expectations) or it will be a hit because of some cool software innovation/features.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I'll be happy with my S3 for 2 years but this phone looks incredible... so who will be first here to have one? :p

And diehards gonna wait in line? :p

J

JohnDroid

I don't know what they can change except the normal stuff.

Possibly a slightly larger screen
More processor -- not that my S3 needs it anyway
More RAM -- I wouldn't notice

I'm wondering what they can do that will make me want to trade my S3 in on it? Battery life improvement is about the only thing I really would like to see and with a bigger screen and faster CPU, I doubt we'll see that.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I don't know what they can change except the normal stuff.

Possibly a slightly larger screen
More processor -- not that my S3 needs it anyway
More RAM -- I wouldn't notice

I'm wondering what they can do that will make me want to trade my S3 in on it? Battery life improvement is about the only thing I really would like to see and with a bigger screen and faster CPU, I doubt we'll see that.

I think their main bragging point is the eye recognition.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well my Nexus is starting to feel old and my upgrade is in July. I hope this is the device I think I'm going to upgrade to

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I think their main bragging point is the eye recognition.
It NEEDS to be feature rich even it the things they add are gimmicky (not that eye recognition is)

Bowtie

Reaction score
Well my Nexus is starting to feel old and my upgrade is in July. I hope this is the device I think I'm going to upgrade to

I am in the same boat, but my upgrade was here 2 weeks ago, so I am waiting for this to drop to see if this is really what I want, or the next big thing to hit verizon.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think those with the note 2 and s3 wont feel the need to upgrade, especially the note 2. Those with a s2 or anyone sitting on an upgrade will love the device.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score

Would you buy it outright, or would you subsidize?

Gotta keep that Unlimited Data!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Would you buy it outright, or would you subsidize?

Gotta keep that Unlimited Data!
Looking over my data usage the past 4 or 5 months, I don't think I really need to hang onto unlimited anymore. Alot of the places I go already have free Wifi. Mainly use it with Slingplayer when a game is on (alot of celebratory dinners where there is no wifi happen to be on game days), so that might be good enough reason to buy it outright. And if the phone doesn't really "wow" me then I may just hang onto my Nexus for awhile longer.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I dont see me upgrading to the S4.But if I was gonna upgrade right now,Id probly go with the............wait for it.................HTC One.Hands down IMO that's gonna be the best built phone of 2013.Now back to topic,Ill be watching to see what Samsung unleashes on us.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Forgot about the HTC One, and it was recently announced it's coming to Verizon right?

When the heck are they going to announce this phone, it's 2:21PST already and not a single word

edit: Oh so it's 7pm EST

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I think those with the note 2 and s3 wont feel the need to upgrade, especially the note 2. Those with a s2 or anyone sitting on an upgrade will love the device.
Then we are in Apple/iPhone land. Hopefully Samsung doesn't go that route and really wows the consumer. Specs aren't going to wow, I want to see software capabilities that make me say "I have to have a phone that does that!"