Official Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Specs List

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
Before anyone joins or ties themselves to VZW, you had better read this:

Verizon to start throttling all smartphone videos to 480p or 720p

I jumped ship with the Note 7 and went to AT&T.... stuck with AT&T through all the recalls and I am happy I did, They don't start to throttle the phone until it reaches 24 gigs! and even then it's not that bad.

Happy to be getting the Note 8, preordered it this morning (8/24)
Nothing against VZW, their service just didn't cover where I live...

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
it is difficult to search amazon for cases and screen protectors, keep getting results for the Note 8 tablet with the phone mixed in. finally got smart and added 2017 to the search. Now I am gettng results for the s8 with the note 8 mixed in. just cannot win :)

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
You better off searching for them by the companies first .. Spigen.. Incipio.. Note 8

Sent using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Before anyone joins or ties themselves to VZW, you had better read this:

Verizon to start throttling all smartphone videos to 480p or 720p
Yea, because 720p is unwatchable on a 5 inch screen.

I want to know why hardly anyone is bitching about the smaller battery then in the 7. Motorola was eviscerated for using a smaller battery. Is it because the last one exploded?
Funny how the main product page makes no mention of it.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Phone: Pre-order, Specs, Features | Samsung US

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Yea, because 720p is unwatchable on a 5 inch screen.

I want to know why hardly anyone is bitching about the smaller battery then in the 7. Motorola was eviscerated for using a smaller battery. Is it because the last one exploded?
Funny how the main product page makes no mention of it.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Phone: Pre-order, Specs, Features | Samsung US

Its not the size that matters its how you use it, the battery that is. the new snapdragon cpu is supposed to be a whole lot easier on the battery.

and yes, I was one of those who complained about the smaller batteries. at least until I started reading reviews and saw it did not make much difference.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
I planned to wait until it was in the hands of real customers to read real world thoughts but just couldn't help myself. Broke down and went to Samsung site for note 7 people. It was difficult to use as if you clicked anything and tried to go back you had to start over. Tried to buy the unlocked version - sold out until at least October 1. Read the fine print $425 off once they received your replacement phone and if it didn't meet their scrutiny you got $25! No recourse, your phone gone. Sounded risky to me. Would still have to pay $505 + taxes, activation for your carrier ($30 on Verizon). Then got an offer for us Note 7 people - 50% off. $960-$480 = $480 + tax and after I said I thought the activation was a rip of as I already had paid it for my Note 7 I couldn't keep I was told they had a $30 off promo which would cancel that out. So I get it shipped Sept 14 for cheaper than Samsung and with the payments left on my phone bill at 0% like always. Deal done.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
Activation fees are a money grab.

Totally agree so that was why I argued about it and even though it shows up it is then cancelled out by the $30 off. If I hadn't argued I would have never gotten the discount.

JRatliff

Reaction score
I was looking at Verizon's deal but I thought it was a little cheaper from Samsung because have to pay tax when buy from Verizon which was ~$70. I didn't think about the activation fee when ordering from Samsung, I just thought I could swap my sim card in. I ordered an S7 on eBay to use as my trade in so I haven't placed my preorder yet.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Good point. Gave friend my Turbo 2. I just swapped the Sim Frome her iPhone. There won't be a charge on her bill for that.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
I live in NY and Samsung does business there so either way I would have to pay 8% tax and the base phone price is close to the same so the tax is for all practical purposes a wash. I have never been able to do a sim card switch so I have not idea how that works as far as the carrier is concerned. It seems as if they changed the sim card size or shape to make that more difficult to do.

JRatliff

Reaction score
I don't know if it is different for a brand new phone? They make sim adapters so you can use the smaller ones in older phones with the bigger sim card. Try activating the card on your current phone then swap into the new phone.

That stinks you're stuck with tax either way. I'm sad Amazon built a place here in Ohio so now I have to pay tax on all my Amazon stuff too!

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Didn't bother me. I believe people should pay taxes shopping online. States lose millions and retail dies. Thanks internet!