[Official] R2-D2 [D2] Owners Thread

chasehammer

Reaction score
where did he get this sbf? where do you "buy" these files and who sells them? If it is truly the file we need, why is this person the only one on the planet that has it? and why is he wanting to charge us for it? If it cant be found anywhere else, I will buy it. Right now I talking with the moderators at the motorola support forums trying to get the sbf. hopefully i will get lucky.

not sure why he is the only one. anyways people thought that the A957 model was the Droid Pro, it turns out they were wrong so they threw out the SBF which was actually for the R2D2. Anyways so yeah his email is <[email protected]> at one time it was a free download but he has since made those links Private.

Zottig

Reaction score
From what I read it was purchased from someone who had access to the files... it was supposed to be for the DroidPro. Obviously someone in Moto or Verizon has to leak these and it's not surprising money would be involved to encourage someone to go to the trouble of uploading a file that otherwise wouldn't be something released to the public. When Verizon used to do actual technical support in the stores they had roms for all their phones in the stores so the likelyhood of leaks was much greater. Seems with Smartphones they now have moved to the "send out a refurb model" approach to solving problems... so that SBF is in fewer hands.

Ben

chasehammer

Reaction score
A guy PMed early this morning asking for the sellers contact info said he was going to buy it. Dont know if he is going to share it or not. Guess we will see what happens.

bigdav1178

Reaction score
I've posted new threads to the Droid 2 and Droid Pro forums specifically looking for the file. That SBF was hosted online for a little while before the correct Droid Pro SBF was posted; I have a hard time believe that there is noone else out there has this file - especially Droid Pro users that thought it was their SBF at the time.

If we knew the SBF this guy is selling was legit, I'd be willing to chip in for it... but at this point, it's unknown if it'll even work.

chasehammer

Reaction score
its flashing in RSD lite at this very moment. Again man you are AWESOME! ill post my findings guys.

EDIT: IT WORKS!

hahaha. it flashed me back to stock R2D2. Now to download the update and cross my fingers.
Finally the R2D2 SBF is set free into the world.!!!!!

Inelastic

Reaction score
its flashing in RSD lite at this very moment. Again man you are AWESOME! ill post my findings guys.

hahaha. it flashed me back to stock R2D2. Now to download the update and cross my fingers.

Ahh, great news!

bigdav1178

Reaction score

Thanks to you as well for being a guinea pig :happy: