[Official] R2-D2 [D2] Owners Thread

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
Thought real hard about it , but will wait for the Nvidia equipped phone.

OP
DF Smod

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I got mine in today!! It's my very first smart phone :)

Very excited to break it in and figure out all the good stuff about android.
Would also eventually want to root it so I can have custom themes or roms... looking forward to browsing the forums for help on this.

:)
:welcome: we are glad to have you on the Forum with us...BTW-Nice choice on the R2D2 Droid dancedroid

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Curious how these things sold. I thought there would be reports that it sold out in hours.

Star Wars fans are ravenous when it comes to collectors items.....

Sent from my Droid

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Curious how these things sold. I thought there would be reports that it sold out in hours.

Star Wars fans are ravenous when it comes to collectors items.....

Sent from my Droid

Apparently not as ravenous with these devices. I wanted to buy one just to hold on to. I think it would be a great collectors item.
Also I think that most people got a Droid X or Droid INC. Those devices were sold out and on back order for months after there release. I think that most of the people that wanted an android device already have one.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

guitardude5

Reaction score
My wife says I'm a dork, but...

My wife says I'm a dork, but... I bought mine the day it came out. The store didn't have any in stock, but it should be arriving at my door step Monday :)

I am new to the forum, and after ordering my phone, I decided to join.

We have been thinking of upgrading phones for a couple weeks, as I was eligible for my new every 2 $50 upgrade credit. I logged on to the Verizon site on Thursday and saw the R2 unit. I hadn't even thought about a smartphone at the time, so news of this phone was new to me. I was holding off on a smartphone, as I was trying to cheap out on the $30 data plan. This was just the thing to push me over the edge.

My wife said "no way" to her owning one, but she did get a Samsung Fascinate. She's digging it.

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I was not planning on getting one but am/was a Star Wars fan and I "happened" to walk by a Verizon store at the mall. I was kind of surprised they had them in stock. Needless to say, I walked out with one.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
My original interest in this thread was, my GF's Son wanted one bad, So I helped him get it. Since he is on my account, It's almost like it's mine :p I guess I have one in the family now.

His R2D2 arrived friday afternoon. FedEx next day FREE shipping. He is Stoked !!! He's a big Star Wars Fan. And an up and coming Android Dev.

So this means, my Droid 1 comes back into my hands once again. :)

SlateJones

Reaction score
Mine will be arriving Monday... I will most likely root, but keep the original star wars rom. Just want to be able to keep using all my root apps that I have previously purchased for my Droid.... until then Im just patiently waiting on the porch watching for the fedex truck... Hurry up.

celebi23

Reaction score
I don't have an R2-D2 Droid 2 but, I do have a small request for those who have one & have rooted it. I'm looking for 2 of the Live Wallpapers that aren't located in /system/app. I'm looking for the "3D Millennium Falcon" & the "The Empire Strikes Back" Live Wallpapers.
They're shown/listed in this video
[video=youtube;YFpeMVSN9qQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFpeMVSN9qQ[/video]
If anyone has root & can somehow extract the apk's, I'd greatly appreciate it :D

CYodaRun

Reaction score
Mine should arrive on Monday as well. This will be my first smart phone experience.....I have no idea what I was thinking? I can barely send a text message!

danbuc09

Reaction score
I had an X and gave that to my brother. Now I have this and love it. It seems faster than the X.

Johnny Zoo

Reaction score
r2

I just got my droid 2 R2 edition on Friday. I just came from an iPhone and decided to make the switch to Verizon after seeing that this phone was coming out. So, I will be asking questions on here, and hopefully, people can help out!

Such as this: Does anyone know how to turn off the facebook contacts on it, but still have the pictures show from their facebook accounts?

Been having trouble but playing around with it I have learned a lot so far!

bhughesiii

Reaction score
I would love to have one, but no money = no way.. Unless family chips in together to buy me one for my birfday.

faefaeR2

Reaction score
I received my R2D2 D2 on Friday!dancedroid I ordered it at 11:30 central time on the 29th! It is my first Android based phone after going through a couple of blackberries:blackberry:. It is taking me some getting used to but I'm getting there! I am really like the Android system, but I love R2! I don't know if I'll root mine or anything else, simply because I never have before. I have actually been surprised that they haven't sold out yet, but then again I guess a lot of people upgraded with the X or regular D2 came out. I saw an R2D2 D2 listed on EBay for something like $1,200 already! Craziness!:heart: