Official 'Pause' button hit on ICS

mthorn79

Reaction score
Heard from a tester, they've officially taken people off the soak list for the time being. Looks like its gonna be awhile folks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Brostrom4

Reaction score
Heard from a tester, they've officially taken people off the soak list for the time being. Looks like its gonna be awhile folks.

I'm a tester, and i got that too. We aren't being taken off the list though. People on the forum were wondering if we were still on the list or if we'd have to sign up again, and Matt said that we were still on the list. The update was just put on pause. No timeframe yet

OP
mthorn79

mthorn79

Reaction score
The email stated they were being taken off the list for the time being...added later, yes.

jrpbulk

Reaction score
My friend says you are wrong LOL

Kimo91

Reaction score
Just read on drippler that yes we (I'm one of the soak testers) were put on pause for the time being and that both Motorola and Verizon were scrapping .181 or whatever it was for ICS. don't know if its true or not, but I always don't believe it till it happens. And n case anyone starts thinking I'm full of crap or starting rumors here's the link straight from Drippler: http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/04/09/droid-razr-android-4-0-update-coming-soon/

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
Probably way to many bugs and glitches

Not on ICS... I am running the leak for almost a week now and it is ready for prime time IMO.
I did come directly from .173 stock, rooted and installed the leak... no custom ROMs were ever on my phone and I was not rooted nor did I remove any "Bloat" prior to installing ICS. I have a feeling most users having issues had deleted, froze or otherwise disabled stock apps on their phones. My only issue has been that the camera did not work but a force stop and data clear in the camera app took care of that and the camera works better and faster than ever.

eidian

Reaction score
Not on ICS... I am running the leak for almost a week now and it is ready for prime time IMO.
I did come directly from .173 stock, rooted and installed the leak... no custom ROMs were ever on my phone and I was not rooted nor did I remove any "Bloat" prior to installing ICS. I have a feeling most users having issues had deleted, froze or otherwise disabled stock apps on their phones. My only issue has been that the camera did not work but a force stop and data clear in the camera app took care of that and the camera works better and faster than ever.

Same exact situation here download wise. I am really enjoying ICS with absolutely no glitches on the OS side. Just a couple of apps not updated to ICS yet. I waited for April 4th patiently. After that fiasco, I got tired of waiting so I downloaded the leak.

Another delay? Who gives a crap? I don't.

Running rooted ICS

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Officially there was no "pause" put on ICS since the release notes originally said it was going to be a Gingerbread bug fix. The "pause" was put on that update (with it possibly being scrapped altogether). There was never any official talk of ICS, only rumors. Given how things went down, it appears that when things get started back up that it will more than likely be with ICS, but again, that's just speculation at this point.

menozcm

Reaction score
Just read on drippler that yes we (I'm one of the soak testers) were put on pause for the time being and that both Motorola and Verizon were scrapping .181 or whatever it was for ICS. don't know if its true or not, but I always don't believe it till it happens. And n case anyone starts thinking I'm full of crap or starting rumors here's the link straight from Drippler: Droid RAZR Android 4.0 Update Coming Soon

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

you are full of crap that link is based off of the DroidLife MFN Hoax and if you were a tester you would know that