Official OTA Fails If You've Downloaded a Leaked Update

wilboy

Reaction score
So I downloaded the leaked 5.5.893 when it first came out. I kept it for a day or so then decided to roll back to .886 and just root. Today after work I got the notification that the official .893 was ready for my phone. After multiple attempts, it failed to install. I've tried to find the leaked .893 and was able to get it off of Droid Bionic » -[LEAK] OTA update 5.5.893 (better battery, bettery connection), but that's also failing to download. Any suggestions??
I'll go w/ your first post(OP)..1)what was your kernel version when you received the official OTA? 2)on your first attempt,are you sure your in 100% stock(w/ no VZ apps. frozed/freezed)? and 3)can you post your present kernel?..>settings>About phone..

OP
Lakilaulea

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
i used it and it let me apply the offical ota. thats why i posted it

Still no dice!!! I installed it and it completed, but when I tried to install the OTA from recovery afterward, it still failed. I'm starting to get a little frustrated....

americanz

Reaction score
Still no dice!!! I installed it and it completed, but when I tried to install the OTA from recovery afterward, it still failed. I'm starting to get a little frustrated....

what system version are you currently on? and did you try to install the ota from stock recovery? if so what error did it give?

OP
Lakilaulea

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I'll go w/ your first post(OP)..1)what was your kernel version when you received the official OTA? 2)on your first attempt,are you sure your in 100% stock(w/ no VZ apps. frozed/freezed)? and 3)can you post your present kernel?..>settings>About phone..

The kernel I'm showing is 2.6.35.7-g68606e6vwm736@il93lnxdroid43#1

I didn't freeze or uninstall anything. I was able to download the OTA and move it from cache to my SD ext, and when I try to install it in recovery, I get an error message that says assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/framework/framework-res.apk". I'm not sure why it says that because I didn't do anything to that apk, but I was able to get it from another user, but it won't install. So I'm kinda at a loss.

I'm still at version .886.

wilboy

Reaction score
You have it already bro.kernel is the same as in 7.893,reason why your keep failing when flashing 5.893.

americanz

Reaction score

I didn't freeze or uninstall anything. I was able to download the OTA and move it from cache to my SD ext, and when I try to install it in recovery, I get an error message that says assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/framework/framework-res.apk". I'm not sure why it says that because I didn't do anything to that apk, but I was able to get it from another user, but it won't install. So I'm kinda at a loss.

are you using stock recover or bootstrap recovery?

americanz

Reaction score
well tbh idk. i was on the leaked 5.5.893. rooted. no apps frozen. i rant the stock raido file i posted. then i ran the official 5.5.893 in stock recovery and it went just fine. i thought i found the answer, guess it was a fluke?

wilboy

Reaction score

Nope,you're already in 893,no doubt about it!your kernel speaks..Your just seeing that your still in 886,because you went back to stock right? or in ROM that has 886 base?

OP
Lakilaulea

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
Nope,you're already in 893,no doubt about it!your kernel speaks..Your just seeing that your still in 886,because you went back to stock right? or in ROM that has 886 base?

Yeah, I downloaded the leaked update last month before using R3lEAS3DRoot to revert back to .886. So what exactly does that mean?