Official myLock thread - we don't like the lockscreen

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You might be able to do well with the app executive assistant, which gives you the option of a widget that will collect unread sms & supports other kinds of events also. I know handcent has more features besides popups and I find the exec asst widget to be the perfect complement to disabling the lockscreen when you place it on your main homescreen

...Alpha1 works with Handcent tho :)

OP
petjakob

petjakob

Reaction score
long live alpha 1 then. :heart:

tonight I got progress in defining custom buttons/actions for unlock.

I can put my own lockscreen in place every time the screen sleeps (cancelling the regular lockscreen). Then I can respond to keys however I want. While I can't stop the cpu from waking up because android doesn't give apps permission to define wakeup rules, my lockscreen doesn't turn your screen on unless its a button that we actually want to wake it up. It sends the cpu back to sleep in 5 seconds. Since it isn't doing anything it doesn't impact battery at all.

This pre-alpha test build lets camera key wake it up (once awake you see a clock, and you can use the notification panel, or press back to unlock) and keeps volume and focus camera key presses from waking the screen. Power still instant unlocks just like the rest of the myLock versions.

I am skipping alpha for this as the first implementation of it is already in myLock complete (though non-functional) and my test build APK is also up for download because I forgot to deleted.

The beta of this won't be ready for a bit, quite a few to-dos detailed over on the blog.

Last edited:

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
This is easily one of my favorite apps for the phone. Being that I unlock my phone a lot in the course of a work day, being able to simply tap a button to get into it is wonderful.

I currently am also using Alpha 1, as I am lame and haven't been following this thread to see there are other releases. I have had pretty much no problems with it as is, and I do use Handcent.

Thank you very much for this app, I am looking forward to future releases.

OP
petjakob

petjakob

Reaction score
Thought I'd drop in and update the thread with goings-on for those of you not subscribed to our twitter---

Today I was able to successfully get a widget running on the custom lockscreen. all that's left to do is set up a system so you can add widgets at the position you would like them on the lockscreen, as the test only placed it in the very center to learn how to get it done, & then fix up the customization for defining which buttons would wake and which would unlock. prior to those advancements (which should bring us to the beta release) there will be an alpha 3 which will include all the features of the lite, regular, and custom lockscreen modes so we can tighten everything up and get rid of the remaining bugs with phone calls in custom lockscreen mode.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thought I'd drop in and update the thread with goings-on for those of you not subscribed to our twitter---

Today I was able to successfully get a widget running on the custom lockscreen. all that's left to do is set up a system so you can add widgets at the position you would like them on the lockscreen, as the test only placed it in the very center to learn how to get it done, & then fix up the customization for defining which buttons would wake and which would unlock. prior to those advancements (which should bring us to the beta release) there will be an alpha 3 which will include all the features of the lite, regular, and custom lockscreen modes so we can tighten everything up and get rid of the remaining bugs with phone calls in custom lockscreen mode.
Good to hear! And I'm Anit-Twitter so I appreciate the post in the thread.

kevdog

Reaction score
Maybe Im totally missing the boat but Handcent Popups and MyLock seem to work for me!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe Im totally missing the boat but Handcent Popups and MyLock seem to work for me!
Same here. Even though the developer of myLock said this shouldn't work! :icon_ banana:
He's so good he doesn't even know he programmed it that well :)

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I currently don't have a mylock installed, should I download lite or alpha

-=Jason=-

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I currently don't have a mylock installed, should I download lite or alpha

-=Jason=-
Alpha 1 and the Lite version are basically the same thing.... Alpha 2, 3 etc are different versions. You can scan thru this thread and the developer has explained the differences as each was released....
Personally. I'd go with Alpha 1..... I've had zero issues with it, works flawlessly with Handcent Pop-Up, and runs entirely in the background

OP
petjakob

petjakob

Reaction score
Last edited:

stnkycheezman

Reaction score
Not a bad app. but I'd really like a lock app that doesn't allow the screen to power on when the droid slides open...and makes the power on button the only button that turns the screen on.

I think this would cut down on a lot of the pocket dialing problems that people have on the droid (or that i have anyways)

Either way, the more OPTIONS we have to unlock the droid...the more applications there are for your...umm, application.

Last edited:
OP
petjakob

petjakob

Reaction score
CAN YOUR PHONE DO THIS?! [video=youtube;gJfpLKhSjJs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJfpLKhSjJs[/video]

I DON'T THINK SO

Oohyeah

Reaction score
Finally got time to try this out. Used my phone browser to visit the page, downloaded the 2c apk file, tried to run it, but got this error message:

"There is a problem parsing the package."

I'm using a Milestone 2.0. Any ideas?

I just found another application had this problem:

LoveCalculator | SlideME

Submitted by YourAndroid on Thu, 08/13/2009 - 19:10.
I thought I'd give your application a try, however when trying to install the application I get the following error: "Parse Error: There is a problem parsing the package."
edit:
Hi again, I tried downloading your application from my computer and install it by doing "adb install lovecalculator.apk" (I renamed it), when installing, this appears:
"file 'lovecalculator.apk' does not contain AndroidManifest.xml", there's your problem :)

Hi I have updated the .apk file it was probably not signed...
Thanks for your comments
Roupam

Would love to try out this app, but still can't get it to work because of this 'parse' error... :(