Official myLock thread - we don't like the lockscreen

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mine is set for only showing on lock as well, I just disabled Handcent's ability to bypass the lock screen, so I removed the conflict with myLock. Now myLock is the only app bypassing the lock screen.

M

Matth3w

So I don't understand...we have the same setup yet mine doesn't work :(

M

Matth3w

I'm sure that Chomp is the culprit, but I definitely have it set to do the same thing...only pop up WHEN the phone is locked. If it is unlocked, no popup. I am understanding you correctly, right? That is what you're saying?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm sure that Chomp is the culprit, but I definitely have it set to do the same thing...only pop up WHEN the phone is locked. If it is unlocked, no popup. I am understanding you correctly, right? That is what you're saying?
Yes and no.
Handcent has the option to show over the lock screen, where the pop up will display with the text input window to respond without having to 'unlock'.... or it will 'wake' the phone, show that you have a message on the lock screen, but you have to swipe to be able to view/respond to the message.

M

Matth3w

Does Handcent have an option for "vibrate only when ringer is set to vibrate" or just "vibrate"?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Does Handcent have an option for "vibrate only when ringer is set to vibrate" or just "vibrate"?

Vibrate (for notifications) has the following options in Handcent
- Always
- Never
- Only when volume set to vibrate

M

Matth3w

Hmmm maybe I'll switch back. I don't think it always had the "only when volume is set to vibrate" did it?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hmmm maybe I'll switch back. I don't think it always had the "only when volume is set to vibrate" did it?
Not sure how long it's been there. I think it has been for a while but I could be wrong.

M

Matth3w

Someone was saying that the program was updated already in the other thread. So is that the update he was talking about interacting with popups or do I still need to switch over?

By the way, if I switch, be fully prepared to witness a "double notification" thread. :D

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Someone was saying that the program was updated already in the other thread. So is that the update he was talking about interacting with popups or do I still need to switch over?

By the way, if I switch, be fully prepared to witness a "double notification" thread. :D
Don't you dare.... :) I'll send you the link if you need it. HAHA.

It works fine with the pop up, but I found using the setting in Handcent we discussed (at length) last night I ran into very few, if any issues.

M

Matth3w

So what EXACTLY do I need checked to get it to work?

This is what I have...

Screen on for popup...checked
Restrict popup.....checked
Show on locked....checked

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So what EXACTLY do I need checked to get it to work?

This is what I have...

Screen on for popup...checked YES
Restrict popup.....checked YES
Show on locked....checked NO

At least that's how I have it set up. The first 2 are checked, 'show on locked' is not. This is the Handcent setting that will over ride the lock screen to display the pop up. Which as you know is the same thing myLock does (over ride lock screen). So by disabling it, in theory, Handcent can not disable the lock screen, but does call to wake it, and when the call to wake the screen is made to the OS, myLock bypasses the lock screen.