[Official] Must Have Apps For Your Galaxy S5

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Post your must have apps here and tell us why we MUST have them. I'll start you off.

SnapPea, Free

27.jpg

Think of SnapPea as the iTunes for your Android Device. Install the software on your PC, tweak some phone settings, and from that point on you can use SnapPea to manage your music, photos, videos, and contacts from your desktop. From this interface, I was able to see six different contact entries for a single person and merge them into one with a few clicks. You can also side-load apps from your desktop, so that 15MB app download doesn't hit your data cap. This is the best way to get big files on and off your phone.

SnapPea is available for both Windows and MAC.

Last edited:

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Root Explorer (Paid App)

For those who have chosen to root their Android phone, the app you simply MUST have is Root Explorer.
"Root Explorer is the ultimate file manager for root users. Access the whole of android's file system (including the elusive data folder!).Features include multiple tabs, Google Drive, Box, Dropbox and network (SMB) support, SQLite database viewer, Text Editor, create and extract zip or tar/gzip files, extract rar archives, multi-select, execute scripts, search, remount, permissions, bookmarks, send files (via email, bluetooth etc), image thumbnails, APK binary XML viewer, change file owner/group, create symbolic link, "Open With" facility, MD5, create shortcuts."

If you are not rooted, it is still an excellent file manager, however rooting offers the maximum benefits from the application.

da2zoe

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
If you love forums...Tapatalk!
It's a great app to follow all your favorite forums in one handy place.

But I need to add that if you follow Off-Road forums, you should see this for one easy place to follow those particular forums.

Last edited:

da2zoe

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
I have another one for the list - while the stock calendar app has nice options - I simply have to have one that offers more widgets and customization options.

For that I go to DigiCal. There is a free version, but when I really like an app, I like to support the developer(s) so I got the paid version. My life is laid out in my calendar and I'd be lost without colors, tasks, reminders, and widgets.

mslaceyrose

Reaction score
I have 6 must-have apps that I need in order to have functional mobility.But if I have to pick a favorite, it would have to be:

Evernote: My whole life and everything I want or need to remember go into Evernote. I'd be lost without it.
I can quickly add a voice, typed, or handwritten note, save a web page, snap a photo of a document or a wine label... anything at all, save it instantly, and access it any time, from any device. I've gone largely 'paperless' by having receipts, documents, vehicle maintenance records, various personal and business databases, and every imaginable thing in between, saved in Evernote. A scanned document can be sent directly to Evernote, and EN will file it appropriately, based on content. No scanner? Simply take a photo of the document and send it to Evernote. Even text within photos is searchable.

I can set reminders, create documents and edit them from any device, and share and collaborate on them with others.
I can encrypt and back-up (to my computer, external storage, or the Evernote cloud) all of my important data so that I always have it.

While I'm largely an 'old school' organizer, keeping separately labeled 'notebooks,' with the use of Evernote's unique tagging system, it's not necessary at all to micro-organize information. Simply tag with good keywords, and an item can be located in an instant. Even with thousands of notes stored, and many similar in content, it takes literally seconds to drill-down to locate the precise item I need.

Last edited:

mgrande

Reaction score
That SnapPea app looks like its what I've been waiting for!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

da2zoe

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
I have 6 must-have apps that I need in order to have functional mobility.But if I have to pick a favorite, it would have to be:

Evernote: My whole life and everything I want or need to remember go into Evernote. I'd be lost without it.
Only 6? Lol...I have a whole list. Many require root which is why I'm watching very closely for a root method for VZ.

I'll have to check out Evernote. That's why I love threads like these...I'm always find something new. :smile:

da2zoe

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
Another must have for me is Audible. I get tired of radio stations and even my playlists at times. Also, listening to a book makes time go much faster when I'm buzzing around doing things around the house, exercising, etc.

mslaceyrose

Reaction score
Only 6? Lol...I have a whole list. Many require root which is why I'm watching very closely for a root method for VZ.

I'll have to check out Evernote. That's why I love threads like these...I'm always find something new. :smile:
LOL... In the first version of my post, I had listed all 6, with a little explanation of each, then decided it was too long winded, and noticed that everyone was just posting one. (or one at a time) The list was preceded by the statement, "If I listed all of my root apps, it would take up this whole forum page, so I will only list the ones that I HAVE to have to survive :)

hypnos

Reaction score
My pick would be the app Audible .

Audible has a vast selection of audio books to listen to from anywhere . Books range from classic novels to the most current books. There is also a multitasking feature embedded in the app to do other tasks while listening to something. Plus, you can switch from the audio feature to a standard reading function.

NOVICE

Reaction score
AUDIBLE:

One interesting tip. If you purchase lectures series from the Teaching Company, you can now buy them on Audible for less than $15 per item (saving about $20 to $100 per class ) provided you sign up for a membership. If I remember correctly I purchased a plan for approximately $140 which gave me 10 selections.

Massive savings plus much easier to download to a variety of devices.

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
AUDIBLE:

One interesting tip. If you purchase lectures series from the Teaching Company, you can now buy them on Audible for less than $15 per item (saving about $20 to $100 per class ) provided you sign up for a membership. If I remember correctly I purchased a plan for approximately $140 which gave me 10 selections.

Massive savings plus much easier to download to a variety of devices.

Thanks for the tip.

socal droid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S21+
Another must have for me is Audible. I get tired of radio stations and even my playlists at times. Also, listening to a book makes time go much faster when I'm buzzing around doing things around the house, exercising, etc.

I use Audible during my commute each day, and agree this is a must have app. Many times, if you purchase a book on Kindle, it is also available on whispersync, at a fraction of the cost of buying it on audible .... and of course whispersync adds the book to my audible account :)

mslaceyrose

Reaction score
I use Audible during my commute each day, and agree this is a must have app. Many times, if you purchase a book on Kindle, it is also available on whispersync, at a fraction of the cost of buying it on audible .... and of course whispersync adds the book to my audible account :)
That's a great tip. Thanks!