[Official] Liberty ROM [Bionic] Discussion Thread

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Is there an actual release thread for this ROM anywhere?
I've never been comfortable flashing without knowing exactly what the release is, what it contains and having a place to report any issues.

Psychlone

Reaction score
The IRC channel is dead as can be... I've seen people join and jump ship but not even post a thing...

So I've got a couple questions before trying out Liberty on my Bionic.... I've sported it in the past on my old D1 and loved it!

First, I understand that Blur isn't available? That obviously means some of the things I've grown accustomed to aren't even available, right? (i.e. Blur Contacts Widget, Files apk (the Bionic file manager), and the baked-in task manager) ???
If those aren't available, would they work in Liberty48 if I found the originals from a stock system dump?

Also, I've been on Unleashed since it's inception and have had all kinds of strange issues including massive battery drain, which is unacceptable considering I was getting 3 full days on a single charge from my old D1. One full 24 hour day on the Bionic @ stock was hard enough, but to have it drain in less than 10 hours is unacceptable to me, and yet another reason for wanting to try out Liberty - does it have better battery life than Unleashed??

Last, I've read of all kinds of people having dropped data, but @ stock, I never once experienced a single data loss at all - only after flashing Unleashed did I start dropping 3G - is this a problem with Liberty?
For what it's worth, I've flashed back to stock several times just to test, and over the course of the last month, back and forth between Unleashed and Stock, it's apparent to me that my phone's data gets dropped for no reason only on a custom ROM and never (yet) on stock. (this is me really hoping it's just Unleashed!)

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!
I'm no newb here, I've been flashing since the very first ROMs started coming out for the D1, I just have curiousity questions before jumping ship from stock (which works PERFECTLY).

Thanks!

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i can only speak on 2 issues and they are only my experience. Battery life sucks just as bad. I'm lucky to bang out 10 hours (actually i haven't yet).
I do not drop data on Liberty. no issues there.

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i can only speak on 2 issues and they are only my experience. Battery life sucks just as bad. I'm lucky to bang out 10 hours (actually i haven't yet).
I do not drop data on Liberty. no issues there.

Seems great in my end View attachment 41467

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wseyller

Reaction score
I think I'm gonna go back to this rom. I never had data connection problems with stock or this rom. Lately I get data connections problems so much with theory rom.

ServerGremlin

Reaction score
Where can I download

So where can I get this beast of a Rom. I'm ready to give it a shot. Any Idea when Final will be released?

foamman

Reaction score
So where can I get this beast of a Rom. I'm ready to give it a shot. Any Idea when Final will be released?

Liberty 48 can be found on the #bionic irc channel at andirc.com. As far as a release date...

Per @jrummy16's tweet
"Now that the toolbox has been updated off to finish up Liberty w/@kejar31 for the dx, d2, dx2, bionic & d3. Maybe a release by end of week."

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Where can I get a copy of the latest rom to try now ?

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Thanks but for some reason i cannot get there on my phone to enable a direct download... too newb to know why? Open to suggestions. Thanks for any mentoring.

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks but for some reason i cannot get there on my phone to enable a direct download... too newb to know why? Open to suggestions. Thanks for any mentoring.

Download andirc from the market