[Official] Liberty Customizer [Bug Reports]

haagar

Reaction score
In Build Properties there is a typo

Desnsity

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

droidster195

Reaction score
Customizer won't open in landscape mode, when pressed it tried to load it then goes back to the settings menu.

Once in portrait it opens for me, or if I lock orientation.

meshdub

Reaction score
Thank you for All Option Picker menu!
It seems that when in that mode and I don't click on some of the menus (for example I only want to change mail app), when doing install it doesn't truly skip the choices I didn't click. Rather it installs all the apps with current selection.

The problem is if I remove some apps, they come back after I run the customizer.

To be more clear, my exact experience:
- Install LGB 0.7
- Run customizer (basic and advanced). Reboot
- Remove ADW. Reboot
- Run All Options Picker. Select only AOSP email app. It goes through install. Reboot
- Upon booting up, ADW is back

Other customizer modes would probably behave the same way if I clicked skip on Launcher option after removing it, but I haven't tested that.

bodean

Reaction score
Just put v7 on over v6. I go into the customizer, say skip dialog (and it always still appears), I download the 100 files, goes to setting up, then when I go back into customizer, same thing.........has to download 100 files again, and repeats. So something is broke with it. So as of now, it's useless on my phone.

Dream

Reaction score
Loaded .7 right over .6 and the only problem so far is the customizer doesnt allow me to install a calendar.

bodean

Reaction score
Just put v7 on over v6. I go into the customizer, say skip dialog (and it always still appears), I download the 100 files, goes to setting up, then when I go back into customizer, same thing.........has to download 100 files again, and repeats. So something is broke with it. So as of now, it's useless on my phone.

Not sure if there is a fix to this annoying bug, really don't want to have to wipe data just to get this working.

OP
Koveleski

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com

Not sure if there is a fix to this annoying bug, really don't want to have to wipe data just to get this working.

As has been stated in countless other threads, this loop is corrected by deleting libertycustomizer.zip and libertycustomizer folder from your sdcard.

Zog

Reaction score
My auto correct does not work when using the browser.

bodean

Reaction score

As has been stated in countless other threads, this loop is corrected by deleting libertycustomizer.zip and libertycustomizer folder from your sdcard.

Thanks. Hopefully since this bug has been reported, it may be address in v8

OP
Koveleski

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com

Unfortunately, I don't really have a horse to ride. Laws around here don't allow those types of animals in a residential area.

It was actually a purely factual response, just stating that it has been answered countless other times.

If blunt speech is an issue, don't look at my posts -- I don't really sugar coat things.

Edit: I originally had your post quoted, but it was reported by another forum user and the other admins saw fit to delete it. So uh, don't blame me for that, lol.

Jubakuba

Reaction score

Thanks. Hopefully since this bug has been reported, it may be address in v8

Apparently I have to play nice.

But Kov.
Maybe you guys need another team member who is simply around to gather bugs into one post.
And get a stickied thread with a "Known Bugs" list.
People repost because they don't know the bug exists.
You can't honestly expect everyone to use the search function.
And you can't honestly expect everyone to use the search function efficiently enough to reach their answer.
A "what we're working on" would be fantastic too.
I know Jrummy likes to push release dates and delay them...not post any changelogs...and the like...to hype up his rom.
But that is a little annoying to those of us who donated to get not only the ROM...but the INFO as well.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
+ 1 well said. Koveleski started the thread you talked about above.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

kernelhappy

Reaction score
Noticed a small bug: when a task in is progress if the phone auto-rotates the screen, the task starts over. For example, I was doing the initial download on first run of the customizer, the screen rotated and I had to start over again. I've also had it happen in other places (maybe the tool box?)

Another small one: if the phone goes to sleep while the customizer is processing the selected options, when you turn the phone back on you get a force close, but it appears everything completed properly.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that. I have the same issue. Was trying to ignore it but it is kinda annoying

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

debrad0307

Reaction score
Found something interesting... when I edit the pull sown bar text via liberty customizer it will save until I reboot. It will always go back to liberty gb. 07. Any ideas on a fix??