1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

[Official] Liberty Customizer [Bug Reports]

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM DX' started by Koveleski, May 30, 2011.

1. Koveleski

Koveleski Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Please post issues with features related to customizer options, starting with version 0.6 of LGB.

Be as informative as you can, ie. what options you chose, which feature isn't working, etc.
  2. NAYTEROBERTSON

NAYTEROBERTSON New Member

When I click on the Liberty Customizer tab under Liberty Settings it states that I must download the necessary files etc. etc. Then when I click continue it pops up saying Downloading Files, then pops up saying Setting Up Files, then goes back to the Liberty Settings page. So its not opening at all. Please Help!!! Thanks.

Droid X
    Android Version 2.3.3
    Liberty Version Liberty GB v0.6
  3. mikex

mikex New Member

Not a bug, but a question about the customizer. I haven't been on Liberty since 1.5 and I'm not familiar with the customizer. Are the themes in there or are they still a part of the rom? I'm wondering about mysterious beast in particular. If so, are the themes updated for GB 596? I downloaded LGB 6 last night and added it to instant que...where do I go to install it when I'm ready to pull the trigger? Would it be possible to put file size in with the description in Nightlies...had a hard time downloading and would just like to know I got the whole thing before flashing. Thank you for all your work.
  4. Koveleski

Koveleski Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Use a file explorer, navigate to your sdcard. Delete libertycustomizer.zip and libertycustomizer folder. Let it download again and you should be good to go.

Customizer is a new utility we added that allows you to choose a couple of options to personalize your experience. Choices like 3D Gallery or Blur. Blur Calendar or AOSP Calendar. We're still working out the kinks with that.

And I'll let jrummy know about the file size description and see if he can make that addition.
  5. meshdub

meshdub New Member

Not a bug report, but rather a suggestion. Didn't wanna create a new thread for it...
    It would be cool to make the customizer in the form of a menu (like Settings menu for example).
    So on screen you'd have a list like this:
    Calendar
    Email
    Alarm clock
    Accounts
    etc...

And when you tap on one of the options, it would bring up a pop up with a choice just like it currently does. That way we wouldn't have to cycle through all of them just to change 1 or 2 options.
    And thanks for such a great tool!
  6. BlackX

BlackX New Member

When running the customizer, if switching from landscape to portrait or vice versa, the customizer loads a second customizer over the top.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  7. preusstang

preusstang New Member

Bump - I opened about 4 different instances this way
  8. Spartans_08

Spartans_08 New Member

Only bug I have encountered is the blur messaging.....it immediately closes once opening...currently on liberty GB v 0.6 and updated to the 596 deodexed from TH...did full wipe of everything....this also didn't work for me on previous liberty GB versions (I think the customizer started on v 0.4 but the blur messaging never worked)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  9. preusstang

preusstang New Member

AOSP calendar doesn't open. I've uninstalled and reinstalled thru customizer to no avail. Icon is in app drawer but doesn't do anything.

Blur calendar works fine tho
  10. pkbest

pkbest New Member

having the same issue :S tried removing it, restart, readding it. Nada. It's as if the calendar apk did not install.
  11. BlackX

BlackX New Member

There are issues with blur mail using multiple accounts. aosp mail works fine. Also Social Networking widget doesn't work

12. amadroid43

amadroid43 New Member

same here uninstalled it reinstalled it and still force closed i have a logcat if it helps.
  13. mopartonyg

mopartonyg New Member

hey all i also had problems with messaging, found out if u use all blur or all asop in the customizer it all works. good luck let us know what u find out.:)
  14. Spartans_08

Spartans_08 New Member

Mine doesn't force close though....it just pops up than closes on its own kinda like you hit back or home right after you opened if...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  15. FordTaurus

FordTaurus New Member

This is what my AOSP calendar is doing also on .7 - as soon as you create a new event, the entry screen pops up and then it tosses you back to the home screen - although the app keeps running and can be switched back to.

Update: While there is no option to switch calendars, I installed 'blur email' using the customizer and after reboot calendar is working again. See other thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-dx/151851-calendar-sync-out-gb-7-a.html
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2011
  16. haagar

haagar New Member

In Build Properties there is a typo

Desnsity

17. droidster195

droidster195 New Member

Customizer won't open in landscape mode, when pressed it tried to load it then goes back to the settings menu.

Once in portrait it opens for me, or if I lock orientation.
  18. meshdub

meshdub New Member

Thank you for All Option Picker menu!
    It seems that when in that mode and I don't click on some of the menus (for example I only want to change mail app), when doing install it doesn't truly skip the choices I didn't click. Rather it installs all the apps with current selection.

The problem is if I remove some apps, they come back after I run the customizer.

To be more clear, my exact experience:
    - Install LGB 0.7
    - Run customizer (basic and advanced). Reboot
    - Remove ADW. Reboot
    - Run All Options Picker. Select only AOSP email app. It goes through install. Reboot
    - Upon booting up, ADW is back

Other customizer modes would probably behave the same way if I clicked skip on Launcher option after removing it, but I haven't tested that.
  19. bodean

bodean New Member

Just put v7 on over v6. I go into the customizer, say skip dialog (and it always still appears), I download the 100 files, goes to setting up, then when I go back into customizer, same thing.........has to download 100 files again, and repeats. So something is broke with it. So as of now, it's useless on my phone.
  20. Dream

Dream New Member

Loaded .7 right over .6 and the only problem so far is the customizer doesnt allow me to install a calendar.
Search tags for this page
download romcustomizer.apk gingerbread

liberty customizer

liberty customizer apk

liberty customizer donate apk