[Official] Liberty 2.0 Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

txter

Reaction score
I still do not have prediction on the device keyboard. I also have no backlight on it. I have fixed permissions and rebooted several times. I even installed the gingerbread keyboard thru toolbox.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

for the keyboard, go into toolbox/liberty tweaks/miscellaneous.. then hit mount system read/write and then hit fix permissions. that did it for me. just doing the fix permissions didnt work for me either.
i hava a multi touch keyboard.zip that you can flash in recovery that will give you word predictions. it will change the black skin to a light grey though. i can email it to you if you want to PM me your email.

roblusk71

Reaction score
I mounted read/write and fixed the permissions now I have backlight. I have pm'd you for the zip file.

roblusk71

Reaction score
Ok installing the multi touch zip file worked. I just didn't like the new keyboard. So I did a full reinstall of 2.0. Now I have the fc issue with liberty settings.

Airos4

Reaction score
Chalk another one up for FC on Liberty Settings in the Settings menu. Fully repeatable; wiped both before and after installing ROM as well as after the initial FC to see if it would help.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Chalk another one up for FC on Liberty Settings in the Settings menu. Fully repeatable; wiped both before and after installing ROM as well as after the initial FC to see if it would help.

this has been fixed. Install the old toolbox from the market and it will fix this.

rmcelroy

Reaction score
and... this doesnt exactly qualify as a "bug" per-se, but it seems like the battery doesnt last near as long on 2.0 as it did with 1.5

am I just imagining this, or is this seem true for other people as well? (maybe its because I cant put the darn phone down... I dunno)

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am having less than desirable battery life as well. But I did a lot on my phone in the last couple days so it is hard to judge. I am going to find out tomorrow though. I am thinking maybe that sysc thing isn't working right in this release but I don't know. I was just expecting much more battery life. I find myself curious about GB now after hearing good things about the battery life there.

eqforus5

Reaction score
Just to clarify but when you download a theme through Liberty rom manager and it won't install how do you get it to install and what does it show up as in the phones system.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would not be able to answer that in a post. I would need to talk to you on the phone.

roblusk71

Reaction score
Ok I reinstalled again. I've noticed that the one time I had the issue with toolbox fc'ing, I booted into recovery in order to install 2.0. The two times without the issue, I simply used the install liberty 2.0 now button in the donate version of toolbox.

eqforus5

Reaction score
Want to figure this out soon. Seems like a killer theme.

xrevx

Reaction score
Fc on liberty settings. Cant install themes through toolbox.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
download and install old toolbox from market and it will fix it. Or launch new liberty toolbox and hit menu...same thing.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you guys are having trouble installing theme's I think I can help.

For some reason it seems when you install a theme through the toolbox it misses a step in clockworkmod. I might be wrong but I notice in my steps....which I followed from the original post of the release thread...there is a part where you mount the system and all....well I don't know if the automated way does that. When I try to install from the toolbox it goes through the steps of installing and rebooting....asking if I want to back up and all that....goes through clockworkmod and runs it's thing...but when I reboot the theme isn't there....

So this is what I do. I have installed 8 or 9 theme's and all worked fine like this. Of course...I reverted back to Epic Blue each time but I really like that one....ANYWAY.... Providing you already downloaded the theme which I imagine you did when you tried to install it from the toolbox....if not then through the toolbox download the theme....when you do

it puts the file in

\mnt\sdcard\liberty\themes

So I open Droid 2 Bootstrap Recovery...click on "Bootstrap Recovery" then wait for "success" to pop up...click ok...click "reboot recovery"...

phone restarts...once in recovery

-select "mounts and storage"
-select mount /system
-"powerbutton" to go back
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select (<insert theme name>.zip)

this is where you have to navigate to \mnt\sdcard\liberty\themes to find it

-select yes
-reboot

basically....I might have missed something but I am not going to do it right now on my phone. But that is how I have installed theme's without fail.

eqforus5

Reaction score
That does work. You didn't miss any steps. Thanks for the info, it's a big help to us android rookies. Now all I gotta do is figure out why it still doesn't show me as having 2.0 when I changed the D2G romer line in the program to say Liberty v2.0. It still says v1.5. Gonna try reflashing 2.0 in a little bit and see what happens. Will keep everyone posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.