[Official] I've preordered my Galaxy Note 3!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
With Verizon's announcement that pre-orders start tomorrow, who is pre-ordering?

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Note 3 in white is pre-ordered on VZW's network!

Has no one else pre-ordered?

squeak

Reaction score
I've thought about preordering and giving up my unlimited plan. It would be $20 less a month for my wife and I and we would share 6GB. I never use more than 3 and she is already on a 2GB plan, so I would come out ahead, but I'm really struggling with letting go of unlimited.

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I've thought about preordering and giving up my unlimited plan. It would be $20 less a month for my wife and I and we would share 6GB. I never use more than 3 and she is already on a 2GB plan, so I would come out ahead, but I'm really struggling with letting go of unlimited.

I hear ya...I ordered at full retail for that reason but I know for some that is not always an option. Have you thought about the Verizon Maxx program where there offer you 6 or 8 gb and you can then enroll in the Edge program?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

Dont know if I've told you but your unlimited data lines are worth about $200 a piece if you sell them. Lot's of beer money!!

squeak

Reaction score
I hear ya...I ordered at full retail for that reason but I know for some that is not always an option. Have you thought about the Verizon Maxx program where there offer you 6 or 8 gb and you can then enroll in the Edge program?

That plan just doesnt make sense to me or for me. I'd still be paying full price for the phone (just spreading it out over time) and not paying any less on my monthly bill. My wife is also on my plan and she has 2gb a month and we share 1400 minutes, if we switch to the share everything plan we can share 8gb a month and save $10/month. That's the same amount of combined data we would have on the max plan, but allows for more flexibility since my wife can use more than 2gb. The only downside is that I'm back under contract, but the ETF + the subsidized price of the phone = the same price as the phone off contract.

krispykreme

Reaction score
I pre ordered my Note 3 on AT&T, had tons of problems doing it online. Kept saying to pick a data plan and I was just trying to do it as an upgrade and wanted to keep my existing data plan (Unlimited Calls, Data, and Messaging). Couldn't get it to work, so I called them to do the pre order over the phone. The reps I talked to had no idea they were even doing a pre order on the note 3 and couldnt find the phone in their system. I ended up talking with a least 4 different people be for getting disconnected and none of them could get it done. I asked them since I'm just upgrading i get to keep my unlimited calls, data and messaging and they all told me yes. So I ended up going down to the local AT&T store and doing the pre order there signed a new two year contract and looked at my plan before I signed it and it was the same plan I have have currently. The weird thing is, is that on the order page at ATT it says the phone is supposed to ship out on 9/11-9/13:

Samsung SM-N900A PHONE
Item Status: We're preparing to ship your item, and it will be sent to you on or between the shipping dates we've provided. Preparing to Ship

Tracking Number:

The tracking number is the number associated with an item in your order that is being shipped. Click the tracking number to go to the carrier's site.

Pending Shipment

Carrier:

Shipping Date:

09/11/13 - 09/13/13*

Quantity:

Thanks for placing your order. We estimate your item will ship on or between the dates provided.

so hopefully everything goes right :)

OP
smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I pre ordered my Note 3 on AT&T, had tons of problems doing it online. Kept saying to pick a data plan and I was just trying to do it as an upgrade and wanted to keep my existing data plan (Unlimited Calls, Data, and Messaging). Couldn't get it to work, so I called them to do the pre order over the phone. The reps I talked to had no idea they were even doing a pre order on the note 3 and couldnt find the phone in their system. I ended up talking with a least 4 different people be for getting disconnected and none of them could get it done. I asked them since I'm just upgrading i get to keep my unlimited calls, data and messaging and they all told me yes. So I ended up going down to the local AT&T store and doing the pre order there signed a new two year contract and looked at my plan before I signed it and it was the same plan I have have currently. The weird thing is, is that on the order page at ATT it says the phone is supposed to ship out on 9/11-9/13:

Samsung SM-N900A PHONE
Item Status: We're preparing to ship your item, and it will be sent to you on or between the shipping dates we've provided. Preparing to Ship

Tracking Number:

The tracking number is the number associated with an item in your order that is being shipped. Click the tracking number to go to the carrier's site.

Pending Shipment

Carrier:

Shipping Date:

09/11/13 - 09/13/13*

Quantity:

Thanks for placing your order. We estimate your item will ship on or between the dates provided.

so hopefully everything goes right :)

Congrats and keep us posted! :)

mrmark27

Reaction score
has anyone been able to order the phone on verizon's site? I originally tried going to the local store to order but their system was having probs ordering it and the rep told me to try online. when I try online, it only gives me the option to select a new plan even though I select the "Month to Month" option for the full retail to keep my unlimited.

I tried speaking with their online chat and the rep told me to just order with the new plan and then when I get the phone I could call them and have it setup on my current plan but I found that a bit fishy and was worried this was them trying to get me out of my unlimited data. anyone have any luck or does this sound legit?

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I didnt pre order, I signed up for instore pick up on the 2nd! I got to play with one today. I left my first impressions in droid news under
"unboxing video"

Carol_in_FL

Reaction score
I just pre-ordered on Verizon's site (2 - Note 3's, one for me and one for my son) and was able to keep my existing unlimited data plan. There is another thread on this topic on how to do it. The Note 3's are shipping on 10/10!

mikabl

Reaction score
I just pre-ordered at the local mall. Get to keep unlimited with the sim swap thing :)

Now I hope root comes quick because I must have Adfree, Titanium Backup, and Avast.

mrmark27

Reaction score
just pre-ordered mine with the promo/glitch/whatever is going on right now to keep my unlimited data. fingers crossed everything goes smoothly and we just saved a bunch of money.