Official ICS update pushing out

taspankya

Reaction score
check the forums

isnt that what we're doing? :blink: ... we need the update.zip .. i'm assuming thats what the OP is referring to... obviously we dont want to go about installing it the 217 leak way - that way is a mess.

outsid0r

Reaction score
isnt that what we're doing? :blink: ... we need the update.zip .. i'm assuming thats what the OP is referring to... obviously we dont want to go about installing it the 217 leak way - that way is a mess.
so between http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-4-roms/218610-ics-leak-6-16-217-update-zip-boot-img-crc.html and http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...ed-android-4-0-4-ics-build-droid-4-xt894.html you cant put the zip file on ur sdcard and do it manually?? really cmon now

OP
J

JKingDev

Reaction score
its official,its the .217 leak, check the forums
I did check the forums. I saw no new postings about the ICS update going official so I decided to spread the word. Thanks for the info. Will update tonight.

taspankya

Reaction score
Those methods are not as easy as putting an update.zip on an sd and booting cleanly from the phone no tools or root.. thats what im referring to

orangechoochoo

Reaction score

It may be easy for us, but having the OTA pushed is extremely simple. You just have to wait for it to be pushed to your phone and that could be today or in a day or two depending on how they choose to push it.

OP
J

JKingDev

Reaction score
Those methods are not as easy as putting an update.zip on an sd and booting cleanly from the phone no tools or root.. thats what im referring to
Are you still on stock GB or have you installed a leak? If you are already on a leak the leak way may be the only way to do it.

taspankya

Reaction score
Im on stock gb .
Are we 100% certain that the .217 leak is what is being pushed to phones. Reason i ask is because i want the update.zip that is getting pushed to peoples sd cards for the official release. Many people have gotten the push but i dont see any official update.zip yet. Unless maybe i missed it?

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
Moto and Verizon haven't released a stand alone file or the SBF, and no one has manually pulled the update from the cache of their phone. However people have confirmed the filename, baseband, and kernel are the same as 217.

geekboy

Reaction score
Would assuming there is no way back to gingerbread even if we update with the ota instead of the leak be correct?

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
You don't need tools are root to install the leaks. The leaks are the EXACT same files as being pushed out officially. The only difference with the leaks is that if you are NOT rooted, you have to put it on your external /sdcard-ext and manually boot into the stock recovery and install it. The stock recovery looks in /cache for OTA updates...so if you are rooted you could copy the .zip and .crc file there and reboot your phone for it to automatically install it.

The only people who need to use the "tool" to install it are people already on an earlier version of one of the leaks.