Official Ice Cream Sandwich/Galaxy Nexus Unveiling Thread

gthotie5

Reaction score
Funny you say that. Just shows how subjective styling is. I have read others say similar things about Samsung since it was announced they would be making the Nexus. (Usually it was said/written by new Bionic owners or others locked into a new contract with another phone, LOL)

So, while I have seen and handled some Samsungs in the past, I decided to really inspect my buddys Samsung phone today at work. It is about 7 months old, I think a Fascinate or Galaxy or something. But it is a relatively higher end version and it was their flagship model when he bought it.

My thoughts were that is was a very nice device. A lot of plastic, but still very well put together and seemed very solid even after about 7 months worth of hard, daily use. I would rate it at least on par with my Incredible, which I think is excellent. If I had to compare it to my Bionic (which I returned after 10 days) I would the Moto was just a tick ahead of the Samsung, due to what I think was more metal in the construction. Of course the Bionic was brand new though.

That's exactly my point it just looks plain but not in a good way like the iphone.
Im still getting this phone at full retail price.
Im just disappointed on how ulgy it looks, no colors or metals nothing just black plastic. Oh and the chin...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Dam I hope the nexus prime has as many accesories as the razr I especislly liked a bluetooth remote that also works for answering calls

Odin Rooted Samsung Fascinate

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Hiding from the Nexus and Razr.

HA!
4.3 inch HD S-led screen(720p)(the s-led on the dinc2 is very nice!)
S3 Qualcomm 1.5 ghz processor :D
1gb ram
sense 3.5(which is very nice if I might say so myself!)
1920mah battery
The REZOUND's (sorry, i like vigor better....) going to be a BEAST!!!!!!!!:hail::hail::icon_ lala::icon_ banana:

I know this is a nexus forum, I just had to straighten that out.

djarmin

Reaction score
During that entire movie I was hoping he would push the music button. Im curious to see what changes they made to their music player

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
HA!
1gb ram
1920mah battery
The REZOUND's (sorry, i like vigor better....) going to be a BEAST!!!!!!!!:hail::hail::icon_ lala::icon_ banana:

And I hope HTC is finally getting their battery issues straightened out. That's why I'll probably be going away from them after having the Inc and Inc 2. Tired of them not fixing it.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I'll be giving away a box of ice cream sandwiches once I hit 500 followers on twitter. Be sure to follow @wwickedd and RT this message. :icon_ lala: lol

combatmedic870

Reaction score
And I hope HTC is finally getting their battery issues straightened out. That's why I'll probably be going away from them after having the Inc and Inc 2. Tired of them not fixing it.

I get great battery life with what im running! lasts me the whole day!:biggrin: ive been pretty happy with the dinc2. Im looking forward to the annoucement of ics and the prime to though...dont worry! :D
I think....shower....shave....sh**.................................................make lunch for tomorrow and it will be that time!

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I get great battery life with what im running! lasts me the whole day!:biggrin: ive been pretty happy with the dinc2. Im looking forward to the annoucement of ics and the prime to though...dont worry! :D
I think....shower....shave....sh**.................................................make lunch for tomorrow and it will be that time!

Oh mine is better since rooting. But still is glitched up.

Diab210

Reaction score
This is silly. I'm more excited about this than Christmas. And I think I've posted more on the forums int he last week than the last couple of months...what is android doing to me.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
The comments on Droid-Life from guys waiting for this: (I always read the comments, usually pretty funny stuff)

FusionSaint
moderator.png
44 minutes ago Box of Ice Cream Sandwiches, Check. Computer on, Check. Tuned to 4 tech websites across two monitors, check. Girlfriend watching some vampire show, check. Waiting for live blogging... check.

Arodroid
moderator.png
41 minutes agoin reply to FusionSaint

Not * tonight...check!

J_McClane
moderator.png
19 minutes agoin reply to FusionSaint

Turbo nerd status, check.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
HA!
1gb ram
1920mah battery

And when is it getting ICS?...

It will be a beast... A battery eating beast!

Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!