[OFFICIAL] I Got My Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge Thread

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you get it. Post it here. Don't forget to let us know your thoughts about the S7... S7E

Picked up S7E yesterday at Best Buy. Wanted silver, they had one black edge left.

Coming from my 1st Gen Moto X, I'm loving this thing!!

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
The pain. Received our VZW S7'so yesterday from Best Buy. Lost my unlimited data. I asked at least 10 times each when pre-order and during pickup. Does this affect my unlimited data? I was assured every time my unlimited data remained intact. Yesterday afternoon I received an automated response from Verizon I was over my data cap. Off to Best buy. Best buy has the "old computer system". Not entirely compatible with the new Verizon system. By this morning(Tuesday) the system would flow thru. Unlimited data would be back.

It's not back. Called 611. Per vzw, what best buy tried is outside their ability. Have to go back to Best buy again. Cancel the whole thing. Go to corporate Verizon store on Friday for upgrade. Best Buy is a major time suck. I now remember why I rarely go there. If this doesn't get straightened out the Project Fi looks very tempting. I know two people locally that are very happy with their current Fi and the cost.

S7 camera is really good. The S7 zoom absolutely crushes my S5. The S7 screen is really good. I normally watch Youtube at 720p for network issues. Even at 720p the S7 screen is so much better than my S5.

That sucks. Sales rep at my Best Buy tried to "save you money on your plan". I adamantly insisted no changes except for the S7 Edge on the payment plan. So far I still have unlimited. Based on your experience I will be watching closely.

wcjeep

Reaction score
Check your "My Verizon" app from your new S7 Edge. If it says Unlimited Data you should be ok. My wife's Unlimited Data was never touched.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
The pain. Received our VZW S7'so yesterday from Best Buy. Lost my unlimited data. I asked at least 10 times each when pre-order and during pickup. Does this affect my unlimited data? I was assured every time my unlimited data remained intact. Yesterday afternoon I received an automated response from Verizon I was over my data cap. Off to Best buy. Best buy has the "old computer system". Not entirely compatible with the new Verizon system. By this morning(Tuesday) the system would flow thru. Unlimited data would be back.

It's not back. Called 611. Per vzw, what best buy tried is outside their ability. Have to go back to Best buy again. Cancel the whole thing. Go to corporate Verizon store on Friday for upgrade. Best Buy is a major time suck. I now remember why I rarely go there. If this doesn't get straightened out the Project Fi looks very tempting. I know two people locally that are very happy with their current Fi and the cost.

S7 camera is really good. The S7 zoom absolutely crushes my S5. The S7 screen is really good. I normally watch Youtube at 720p for network issues. Even at 720p the S7 screen is so much better than my S5.

Any update? Did you get your unlimited back?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yes, you need to get on this hard and fast. I understand there is only a window of about 2 weeks during which this mess can be reversed by Verizon technical support before it's permanent. Call 611 and ask to speak to a supervisor and insist on getting this resolved.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

wcjeep

Reaction score
I returned the S7's to Best Buy the next day. They still insisted my Unlimited Data could be reinstated while keeping the phones. By now I had spent too much time with Best Buy. Going back to my S5's restored by Unlimited Data.

Waited until last Sunday (after official launch). I went to an official Verizon store. It still took some time. The GPS locator on my daughters dumb phone was causing problems. Deleted GPS. Upgraded to S7's. Restored GPS locator.

For some unknown reason it was $100 cheaper at Verizon than Best Buy. Best Buy had the free stuff they threw in. Buying outright at Verizon had no free stuff. Verizon was still cheaper. Same City. Same taxes. Same phones.

Very happy with the S7's. The low light camera performance is really good. The camera was the only reason for me to upgrade. My S5 was good enough at everything else.

rosso

Reaction score

Wow didn't know anyone still had unlimited data on Verizon. Lost mine a couple years ago when I had to change plans to get unlimited talk minutes...wish I could get it back. Good luck!

Ross

Sent via Tapatalk

NoStopN

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
Twitter
@NoStopN
I got my S7 on Tuesday & have been enjoying it. The service has been a hiccup, but it appears to have sorted itself out. I loved the voice commands for taking pictures when I had a Note 2 & am glad to get it back with the S7.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Got mine Tuesday as well. Hate to admit it.....like it much better than my turbo.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Got my S7E yesterday and I have to admit that it is really a great device! Speaker quality and placement is my only gripe, but I find headphone and Bluetooth output to be very good. Everything else is really top notch! Samsung brought their A game with this one!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

markwebb

Reaction score
Got my S7E yesterday and I have to admit that it is really a great device! Speaker quality and placement is my only gripe, but I find headphone and Bluetooth output to be very good. Everything else is really top notch! Samsung brought their A game with this one!

I agree with you wholeheartedly. This may be my first phone where I can live without root! The display and camera alone are worth the price of admission. Touchwiz is debloated enough to actually enjoy it and my phone flies!

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I agree with you wholeheartedly. This may be my first phone where I can live without root! The display and camera alone are worth the price of admission. Touchwiz is debloated enough to actually enjoy it and my phone flies!
I agree about not needing to root. I think I can live without it... Ad blocking will be the only thing I miss, but like there are far more pros than cons!

markwebb

Reaction score
I agree about not needing to root. I think I can live without it... Ad blocking will be the only thing I miss, but like there are far more pros than cons!

Adgard is the way to go. Go to their site to download. ;)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk