[OFFICIAL] I Got My Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge Thread

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge & S7 Active' started by Jeffrey, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,027
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7 Plus JB
    Thanks for sharing @markwebb

2. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +315
    Had mine (regular S7) a couple of days and absolutely love it. It's definitely the fastest Galaxy to date.
    • Haven't had any BT issues but I'm not trying to pair two things at once either.
    • As far as stutter/lag - I can't recall seeing any, but even if there is the occasional stutter or lag, the overall experience is still quite a bit faster than prior Galaxy's.
    • Battery life is workable now (vs. the S6). It's no Turbo, but it's a definite improvement over the S6. I'm sure the S6 will improve a bit on Marshmallow as well.
    So far it's my favorite Android device to date. It's like a slightly souped up S6 with more pragmatism added into it (water proof / better battery).

My one uncertainty right now is the camera. Keep in mind, this is comparing to the camera in the S6, so this is kind of like saying "I don't like this one part of the 2016 BMW 7 Series vs the same part in the 2015 BMW 7 Series". So the camera is still top-notch. But I think at times it's focusing on the wrong things in pictures, b/c at times when you zoom in a bit, it's simply not sharp where it should be - and I'm not talking about just the lower megapixels either. It's clearly a focus thing. That's being pretty nitpicky though!

Still haven't had a chance to play with the new Gear VR.

• Like Like x 2
  3. daryls61

daryls61 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I got mine Monday and have been playing around all week. Very impressive phone. Quick charging is sweet. Screen is excellent. Camera is fantastic. No complaints so far.

The best part was I got the gear VR since I preordered from Best Buy. I absolutely love it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. cr6

cr6 Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,685
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge
    Twitter:
    @dronewolfmedia
    Congrats guys! Enjoy your new S7!

S5 tap'n

5. LoneWolfArcher

LoneWolfArcher Silver Member

Ratings:
    +640
    Picked up S7E yesterday at Best Buy. Wanted silver, they had one black edge left.

Coming from my 1st Gen Moto X, I'm loving this thing!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. LoneWolfArcher

Ratings:
    +640
    That sucks. Sales rep at my Best Buy tried to "save you money on your plan". I adamantly insisted no changes except for the S7 Edge on the payment plan. So far I still have unlimited. Based on your experience I will be watching closely.

7. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,027
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7 Plus JB
  8. wcjeep

wcjeep Active Member

Ratings:
    +66
    Check your "My Verizon" app from your new S7 Edge. If it says Unlimited Data you should be ok. My wife's Unlimited Data was never touched.

9. LoneWolfArcher

Ratings:
    +640
    Any update? Did you get your unlimited back?

• Like Like x 1
  10. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,265
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    Yes, you need to get on this hard and fast. I understand there is only a window of about 2 weeks during which this mess can be reversed by Verizon technical support before it's permanent. Call 611 and ask to speak to a supervisor and insist on getting this resolved.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

11. wcjeep

wcjeep Active Member

Ratings:
    +66
    I returned the S7's to Best Buy the next day. They still insisted my Unlimited Data could be reinstated while keeping the phones. By now I had spent too much time with Best Buy. Going back to my S5's restored by Unlimited Data.

Waited until last Sunday (after official launch). I went to an official Verizon store. It still took some time. The GPS locator on my daughters dumb phone was causing problems. Deleted GPS. Upgraded to S7's. Restored GPS locator.

For some unknown reason it was $100 cheaper at Verizon than Best Buy. Best Buy had the free stuff they threw in. Buying outright at Verizon had no free stuff. Verizon was still cheaper. Same City. Same taxes. Same phones.

Very happy with the S7's. The low light camera performance is really good. The camera was the only reason for me to upgrade. My S5 was good enough at everything else.

• Like Like x 1
  12. rosso

rosso Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Wow didn't know anyone still had unlimited data on Verizon. Lost mine a couple years ago when I had to change plans to get unlimited talk minutes...wish I could get it back. Good luck!

Ross

Sent via Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
Search tags for this page
galaxy s7 battery thread

root sm-g935v