Official "I got my droid turbo" thread..

omak42vd

Reaction score
Currently just pay for it :/ ditched the defender case, it was annoying. Finally tracked down the glass screen protector and got it put on. Definitely makes the display look a lot more crisp!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Are you talking about a tempered glass screen protector? Or a case of some sort? Can't seem to find it on the website. Called a store and the guy seemed completely clueless.

Tempered glass Screen protector.. I use those, and punch out the plastic junk that comes on the defender(clean off the adhesive or you're going to ruin the screen protector.)

Call *611 and ask them about screen protectors for the droid turbo.. Ask for a tempered or flexible glass screen protector..

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The update does appear to have taken away one of the home screens. I swear there were three before. Now I have two.

Just long press on the Home screen and drag something over and it will make a new screen..

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Well..... I tried. Went to the Verizon Store in Bloomsburg Pa and the Store Manager "Kyle" did everything he could to make me feel not welcome once I let it be known I was there to "Buy a Phone" I did not want my "upgrade" or a trade in or a discount or to GIVE UP my Unlimited Data - I just wanted to Buy a New phone for How much $650 I guess for the 64 G.
I personally heard his greeter say who was next 3 times as 3 people went before me when I was next.
Amazing.

omak42vd

Reaction score
Tempered glass Screen protector.. I use those, and punch out the plastic junk that comes on the defender(clean off the adhesive or you're going to ruin the screen protector.)

Call *611 and ask them about screen protectors for the droid turbo.. Ask for a tempered or flexible glass screen protector..

Thanks for the info. I did finally managed to find what you were talking about! Lol

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
Ordered mine using the edge program for the first time. I didn't know even if it's your first time using the edge program you have to trade in your phone. I got the csr rep to waive it since it was my first time using the edge program and also being a loyal customer for 12 years. I'll post back when I get mine in.

I've been trying to find some screen protector online and a case similar to diztronic. Any one got any recommendations? I prefer dry application screen protectors over wet. Thanks

omak42vd

Reaction score
I believe if I WERE on VoLTE, I would be able to use both simultaneously. As far as I can tell, im using the standard calling and cannot access data over the mobile network. If someone else out there is experiencing something different, please let me know!

omak42vd

Reaction score
^^that was in response to a now noon existent post, apparently

1coopgt

Reaction score
Happy Happy. Loading music on the phone now . Picked up the Black Kevlar 32 gig model . I didn't care for the red one once I saw it in person at the store . I'm surprised how thin this phone is considering the size of the battery .

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
^^that was in response to a now noon existent post, apparently

Yeah, I realized after posting that I was wrong and delete but not before someone responded.

Pinzgauer

Reaction score
Hi -

switch from MAXX, which I love(d). Maxx is still an awesome phone. I want a phone I can operate in one hand. All Galaxy's are too big for me.
So got my 64GB Turbo yesterday morning. Great phone, feel, screen, speed, etc. all as as expected.

Here are my issues with it, all OS related I'm sure:
1. Huge amount of my previous apps wont work on the Turbo. That sucks!!!
2. Native email app has a lot of annoying quirks reminiscent of a few upgrades back. Can't do multiple select, no conversation view, no push, no default account preference, etc, etc ....
3. Obviously the data/voice issue

As I said, beautiful piece of hardsware ... can't wait for 5.0