Official "I got my droid turbo" thread..

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Biggest problem I have encountered so far..... You can't talk on the phone AND use the data network at the same time! Had I known that before, I probably would not have purchased this phone

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I can... You mean the HD voice I think...

Also.. There's an update you can pull down.. I just checked for update and there's a new system version..

Its 21.8MB

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
cf5a6ee866748a8e43f3178da25402e2.jpg

I'm pulling it down now

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The update is 21.21.15.en.us

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Lol I updated two of the floor models at VZ, don't worry guys.

on the move..

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
They only had 32 gig versions out at my store... The little splash if chrome and red on the bottom of the 64.. Adds a lot to it imho.. Ya know.. A little chrome adds 40 horses.. Lol

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I thought you had to be on VOLTE for Data + cell???

It depends on the phone. Most Verizon LTE phones allow simultaneous voice and data without VoLTE (voice over CDMA, data over LTE). Some in the past have even allowed simultaneous voice and data over 3G, which is called SVDO (the Thunderbolt and Galaxy S3 allowed this - it was never advertised or widely implemented, because Verizon could never guarantee it would work all of the time).

It's some recent phones (and most iPhones) that only allow it with VoLTE. My guess with the newer devices is that they simply didn't want to add the extra hardware required to do it over CDMA and LTE simultaneously when VoLTE is supposedly right around the corner for most high end phones.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Biggest problem I have encountered so far..... You can't talk on the phone AND use the data network at the same time! Had I known that before, I probably would not have purchased this phone

Correct. Until VoLTE is enabled on the device, it's not possible due to hardware limitations (unless you're on WiFi). It's definitely a downside to the device at launch.

I can... You mean the HD voice I think...

Also.. There's an update you can pull down.. I just checked for update and there's a new system version..

Its 21.8MB

VoLTE isn't supported on the Turbo at launch (unless that update has it, which I haven't downloaded). It's supposed to get it by the end of the year.

omak42vd

Reaction score
It's just annoying. Especially since I use mobile hotspot a lot!

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The update doesn't change anything that I noticed.. I didn't look at the kernels or anything.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
It's just annoying. Especially since I use mobile hotspot a lot!

I agree.

I'm guessing that when designing the phone, they probably thought it would launch with VoLTE. If that was the plan, there wouldn't be much of a reason to include support for simultaneous voice and data over CDMA and LTE.

omak42vd

Reaction score
Verizon.. They were supposed to have them.. But my store had no screen protectors for the turbo.. So i order it from hem and they paid for the overnight shipping.

Are you talking about a tempered glass screen protector? Or a case of some sort? Can't seem to find it on the website. Called a store and the guy seemed completely clueless.

omak42vd

Reaction score
The update does appear to have taken away one of the home screens. I swear there were three before. Now I have two.