Official "I got my droid turbo" thread..

realged13

Reaction score
I went to get mine and wasn't able to do the Edge upgrade.

Backstory, I used to be on my parents plan. I used my mom's phone number for my upgrade, then she used mine for hers later. Fast forward 2 years, I leave my parents plan so my wife and I are on are own plan.

Unbeknownst to me, when you do this, you phone number gets extended two years. So when I should be eligible to upgrade I can't. My upgrade date is now Sept 2015 (will have phone for almost four years by then).

So I go to do the Edge to get it, and come to find out you still have to turn your phone in even if it wasn't on Edge before. My OG Razr Maxx has a cracked screen and Verizon won't accept anything unless it is in "good" condition.

So now I am stuck in hard spot, try to get the screen replaced then Edge up, or buy a phone off contact. I was really hoping for the Edge plan because money is tight with a new baby, but I am in desperate need for a new phone, this one is on its last legs.

huskur

Reaction score
Ready to make the next purchase........Have a HTC One M8 and a Droid Maxx. Currently using the Maxx (purely for battery life) The HTC One M8 sucks even with the juice pack. Anyway, I am comparing the Note 4 with the Turbo and with the Nexus 6. My favorite all time phone was my Note 3 so I am leading samsung at the moment......to many decisions.

omak42vd

Reaction score
Got the Turbo first thing this morning. The screen is awesome, as others have mentioned. Switches between apps quickly. Have tried the camera, but will comment on it once I do. I tried running benchmark test on it and everything the phone has shut off. The last time I tried antutu, the app told me the device was overheating. Not sure what that's about.... The defender case is smaller than usual and in my mind sucks. There is huge spot across about 2/3 of the very top of the screen. Normally wouldn't be much of an issue, but it lands in just the right spot that your finger catches it when dragging the notifications bar down.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I went and messed with one in the way to work, nice device, the red is definitely not as attractive in person IMO.

The camera had a hesitation, but can be and I assume will be fixed in the next update since it's a software issue.

on the move..

Last edited:
OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Haha ..nice ...take that damn screen protector off will ya ...lol

M8 tap'd
I intend to.. As soon as my tempered glass one gets here tomorrow..

cyberlizard

Reaction score
I'm loving my new Turbo right now. I do wish I had my old launcher right now though, and having an Amazon home screen is a waste. Besides those items, its all been great!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm loving my new Turbo right now. I do wish I had my old launcher right now though, and having an Amazon home screen is a waste. Besides those items, its all been great!

Long press on the Amazon widget and move it up to the top of the screen to remove it from the home screen.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Where did you order it through??

Verizon.. They were supposed to have them.. But my store had no screen protectors for the turbo.. So i order it from hem and they paid for the overnight shipping.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
One of the bigger changes on this device is that widgets aren't in the app tray any more.. Now you long press on the Home screen and select widgets.. Different.. But i like it..

omak42vd

Reaction score
Biggest problem I have encountered so far..... You can't talk on the phone AND use the data network at the same time! Had I known that before, I probably would not have purchased this phone