Official Hotmail App

DroidMoose

Reaction score
I just started using it today. I like it so far, but it seems that I can not deactivate the vibrate alert. I have it unchecked in the alerts menu, but still vibrates when I receive mail. Anyone else experienced this? If it is a bug hope they can fix it quick. Took Hotmail long enough to come out with their own app. :)

MarkY3130

Reaction score
I just downloaded it to give it a try. I think its funny how so many people comment on the app about there finally being push support for hotmail. Maybe you can't do it on all phones but at least on my original Motorola Droid I have it set up to receive push emails with the standard android email app and have for about 18 months. You just set it up as an exchange account even though we all know it isn't an exchange account and it works great. Maybe give that a shot if you can't live with the vibration turned on.

I'll come back and post if I find how to turn vibration off!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

MarkY3130

Reaction score
Just sent a few test emails and can confirm that mine does not vibrate when the box is unchecked. Might want to try reinstalling the app to see if that fixes the issue.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

r314bd

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problem with the vibrate notification.

I was using the native email app before this and had it set to give just a taskbar notification with no vibrate. I use handcent for texts and have it set to vibrate+taskbar notification. I have notifications in the native Messaging app turned off.

Anyone figure out how to turn off the vibrate?

r314bd

Reaction score
Yeah, this isn't going to work. The constant vibration + no notification light is a dealbreaker. Going back to the stock email app until it's fixed.

OP
D

DroidMoose

Reaction score
Seems like the vibrate notification issue is fixed with the new update.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums