****Official FroYo Rollout Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.

esaslaw

Reaction score
This is a great point. The only known person to receive an OTA 2.2 (at least since it was said to have been "pulled") is this John L Galt. By all rights he a) should not have received an OTA from Verizon and b) got some notice of an OTA update, which I did not get during the 2.1 process----I just got the OTA.

So, is there something fishy here?

Sal

Reaction score
This is a great point. The only known person to receive an OTA 2.2 (at least since it was said to have been "pulled") is this John L Galt. By all rights he a) should not have received an OTA from Verizon and b) got some notice of an OTA update, which I did not get during the 2.1 process----I just got the OTA.

So, is there something fishy here?

Darn, so glad I'm not alone in wondering about this. Thought I was in the Twilight Zone :p.

HELLO!!!! Anyone out there gotten 2.2. for Droid1 OVER THE AIR? Anyone?

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Question: I am trying to understand what is going on. I took a break from all of this this weekend and now I come back and am trying to catch up with no success here.

In post 1 of this thread, is this the SAME or DIFFERENT than the manual update (*update.zip) we did last week. If different, do we install over update.zip?

bhall238

Reaction score
Great question. With all the members here, has anyone gotten the OTA? Does anyone know who John L Galt is?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

mello014

Reaction score
OTA droid updates

Verizon has started putting out OTA updates for android 2.2, but it ends tonight. I haven't gotten the update yet, and if it ends tonight then i probably won't get it. Is there a number i can call or a site i can go to to get the download of the new software? help me out please
-mello dancedroid

EbE404

Reaction score
A lot of people haven't gotten it yet. The updates will continue until it rolls out to everybody.

Apprentice

Reaction score
ugh i hate this. I also haven't gotten it!! an its pissing me off, but if i don't get it by tomorrow morning then i think i'm just going to "easy root" my Droid. :'(

bpad10

Reaction score
A lot of people haven't gotten it yet. The updates will continue until it rolls out to everybody.
You can manually download 2.2 also....check out the "circus continues" thread in the news section. There are a ton of people that will help....:icon_ banana:

bpad10

Reaction score
ugh i hate this. I also haven't gotten it!! an its pissing me off, but if i don't get it by tomorrow morning then i think i'm just going to "easy root" my Droid. :'(
dont need to root to download the update.......its quite easy.....had a buddy on here walk me through it and only took 5 minutes...I was extremely nervous. Works GREAT now....

EbE404

Reaction score
You can manually download 2.2 also....check out the "circus continues" thread in the news section. There are a ton of people that will help....:icon_ banana:

+1

If you are just dying to get it, do the manual update. Quick, easy, safe.

If you do want to actually root the phone and go to custom ROMs, however, I have come across several people on this forum who have used EasyRoot and are experiencing all kinds of weird stuff. I would highly recommend using RSDLite to flash SPRecovery and flashing a rooted ROM that way.

Bluestraveler

Reaction score
Instant gratification

This thread is SO typical of the "Instant Gratification" generation. What ever happened to "things worth having are worth waiting for???" Be patient...the update will come. :cool:

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Verizon has started putting out OTA updates for android 2.2, but it ends tonight. I haven't gotten the update yet, and if it ends tonight then i probably won't get it. Is there a number i can call or a site i can go to to get the download of the new software? help me out please
-mello dancedroid
The update never ends they were just predicting to have everyone done by August 18th. They then had a week+ delay mixed in so add that to their projected time frame.

People still get the 2.1-update1 OTA if they flash their phone back to 2.01.....so it's not like the stop pushing the OTA updates.......you just haven't gotten it yet.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Threads merged. Already two existing threads talking about the OTA updates. That's all we need. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.