****Official FroYo Rollout Thread-Version2!****

lovethesinner

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think I like my upgrade. I didn't get flash player either. I went to the prerelease website and it just redirects me, syas it's coming soon. Different variation of the same thing I've been seeing for the past year. GRRRRR… Does flash player come already installed on X? Froyo seems so much slower to me, I don't like that I can't kill apps. I found out yesterday that its bad for you phone, but I had comfort in knowing things weren't running when I didn't need them to be. Eh, I'm sure ill get used to it, just really wish I could get Flash.

hanny

Reaction score
reboot and hold down the "x" on the keyboard. which will give you the ! with the triangle. hit the volume up button and camera button at the same time. then select the update from sd card line on the menu. should start right up.

I just got my OTA update notice, clicked "Install" and the "!" in a triangle screen appeared - and that was it. Clicked power button - and I am still on 2.1. No more "System Update" prompts. . . what did I do wrong and what do I do?

Try going to your about phone and see if you can't have it check for updates. Let me know if that works for you.

Thank you so much for responding to me . . . I tried exactly what you said and all I get is "Your system is currently up to date."

What to do?

Snoking

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think I like my upgrade. I didn't get flash player either. I went to the prerelease website and it just redirects me, syas it's coming soon. Different variation of the same thing I've been seeing for the past year. GRRRRR… Does flash player come already installed on X? Froyo seems so much slower to me, I don't like that I can't kill apps. I found out yesterday that its bad for you phone, but I had comfort in knowing things weren't running when I didn't need them to be. Eh, I'm sure ill get used to it, just really wish I could get Flash.

If you are running a Task Killer remove it. Froyo does not play well with other Task Killers.

Chris

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Everything you talk about has been covered many times in this forum. No, the update does not come with Flash. You shouldn't use a task killer in the first place. If you want flash search the forum it's all over the place. Or just do a google.

Gehangin

Reaction score
reboot and hold down the "x" on the keyboard. which will give you the ! with the triangle. hit the volume up button and camera button at the same time. then select the update from sd card line on the menu. should start right up.

Thanks - but before I do this, one Q: I looked in Astro and noticed that my "update.zip" file is about 10mb and dated April 14th. Does that sound right?

abullock22

Reaction score
got my update once i unhooked my charger, now to read up on what i can expect!!....located in nyc!

dancedroid

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
You know how when you get a notification of new email in the status bar and it reads a little bit of the thread that the email is in..well took me a couple of emails to realize it was this thread that was saying "New Message, Motorola Droid and the Verizon forum, thread ****Off" ... Yea Im slow sometimes <g>

prmamidedos

Reaction score
Got my OTA update this morning. Yay!!dancedroid So....how do I get flash now? I read that you have to download it from the Market, so I looked but didn't see anything. Can someone help?

averageJoe13

Reaction score
I still haven't recieved my update. Two people in my office recieved it this morning, and it is after 8/18...Should I be worried?

Snoking

Reaction score

Thanks - but before I do this, one Q: I looked in Astro and noticed that my "update.zip" file is about 10mb and dated April 14th. Does that sound right?

That is the wrong file. You want the 76m file. Look again. Chris

Dingbat

Reaction score
Sniff, I've asked several times: I am in an VZW extended area. Will I get the OTA or do I have to wait until I'm in a 3G area? It is connected to wifi. Thanks

Snoking

Reaction score
Sniff, I've asked several times: I am in an VZW extended area. Will I get the OTA or do I have to wait until I'm in a 3G area? It is connected to wifi. Thanks

From VZW support page:

System Update while You Are Roaming

1. If you are roaming, you will not receive a system update notice. You will need to enable Wi-Fi and wait for the update notice to appear or as mentioned above you can manually update by selecting "Home" > "Menu" > "Settings" > "About phone" > "System updates".
  2. To enable Wi-Fi, go to "Settings" > "Wireless & networks". Press "Wi-Fi" to enable.