****Official FroYo Rollout Thread-Version2!****

mspaact

Reaction score
So when they say "roaming" do they mean outside the 3G network? For example, I am at work but connected via 3G. Just curious.

Sal

Reaction score
So when they say "roaming" do they mean outside the 3G network? For example, I am at work but connected via 3G. Just curious.

I believe an icon appears in the top bar when you are roaming. Forget what it looks like...

ohfire

Reaction score
My wife's phone received the update this morning, she said yes to the update, it loaded and the phone froze at the bootloader screen with the triangle and exclamation point. We did a battery pull and the phone booted. I went in and looked at the software edition and it took the phone back to 2.01. Went to Verizon and they looked it over, gave it back and said...well your account shows it should be RF01B, but we don't know what happened. Just watch it and see if you get the update again, if not, do a factory reset on your phone and see if that forces the update to come again.

Reaction score
Spare Parts doesn't seem to offer anything that can help with my problem.

BTW: Hookbill why merge my thread into this one.

Reaction score
OK Mr Smarty Pants, I'm pretty sure you merged into the wrong thread though :) This one makes no sense.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
So the speed increasing is different than those who have rooted and overclocked to 800? Whats the difference?

Absolutely nothing, except one very important little thing:

it is now officially sanctioned by VZW/Moto; so it no longer voids your warranty.

Joeteck

Reaction score
Got this information from another thread here. We may want to put dos/don't thread with this update...

Originally Posted by xkape
You running SP Recovery? If so just select "install" for the system update. It will give you a message about the phone rebooting with a 10 sec countdown. The phone will reboot and once the phone comes back up, it will go into SP Recovery and do all the things to start installing except.. it won't. It will say something like "Process Blocked". Then select reboot phone and you're done. Update goes away and the phone didn't change.

AltimateJP

Reaction score
OTA Notification Sound

Good afternoon,

I was asleep during the previous OTA update notification to 2.1, so I have this question: Is my phone going to play a notification sound and/or vibrate when it receives the update notification, or do I have to keep pulling it off my belt clip every two minutes and checking to see if the message has arrived?

Thanks,

decline

Reaction score
My girlfriend and i are on the same family share plan through verizon. when we woke up this morning she had the update waiting for her. my phone still shows no signs of it. am i to assume that it will automatically take place in the next few hours? days?