****Official FroYo Rollout Thread-Version2!****

billjohnson

Reaction score
Titanium backup is exactly what you need bud! It backs up all app data to your SD card and you simply run a restore once you've flashed your phone! I use it all the time! dancedroid

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I do not know of a way to backup application data without Root and something like Titanium Backup.
Those would be wiped with the Factory Reset. The Apps may or may not automatically return but the configuration data or generated data for them would not.

gveserat

Reaction score
How do I install ADB drivers on my desktop and/or my Droid 2?

What is the link?

Thank you.

Snoking

Reaction score
I would try the large file manual install before I did the factory reset. You will not loose your data and it may fix most of the issues you have. Did you get both the 2.2 updates OTA? Chris

solar

Reaction score
if you're going to bother with a factory wipe, make sure you wipe the cache also, even , if it supposed to occure in the standard wipe. I'm done it both ways. wiping the cache along with a full wipe made the phone run a lot batter. I also did a manual install of the 2.2 update (The appx 80Mb one, not the smaller one)

My original droid1 had major issue after a while and doing the above helped me. I've since moved onto a droid2, but my GF runs my trusty old D1.

Unless you're rooted, expect to loose all game data, unless its something like emulators. doing a full image backup and restore would defeat the purpose of wiping though, so finish you're games first or be prepared to start again (like i've had to do multiple times, lol. Seems like i'll never get all the way through Crusade of destiny!)

solar

Reaction score
There is no law against lying during a political campaign. Most of the time these 'lies' have a tiny grain of truth to them but they are doctored up to sound like something else totally different.

no ones talking about that! SPAM! Kill!!!:reddroid::reddroid::reddroid::icon_ ban::reddroid::reddroid:

jwadder94

Reaction score
Guys plz let me know how my review is! Plz watch :D

[video=youtube;UPs2YnpiLBc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPs2YnpiLBc[/video]

Thanks =)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Nope. Maybe soon, maybe not ever. Gingerbread code has already dropped, after all, and Sammy makes the Nexus S...

This came from my brain by way of my finger and my phone. Don't ask where any of them have been. Especially the brain.

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
haha ban with a tilde....

Supposedly the Fascinate will never get Froyo, could be a rumor, but that's what I heard. Of course why anyone would buy the Fascinate is beyond me :)