OFFICIAL FRG22D OTA patch is here. DOWNLOAD NOW!

badog

Reaction score
What version of Flash Player are you guys getting from the Market? I recently updated mine to: 10.1.92.8 by downloading the apk... supposedly the first non-beta version. It is 12.52 MB

Droid Froyo 2.2 FRG01B
The one from the market is 10.1.92.8

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

djembeman

Reaction score
What version of Flash Player are you guys getting from the Market? I recently updated mine to: 10.1.92.8 by downloading the apk... supposedly the first non-beta version. It is 12.52 MB

Droid Froyo 2.2 FRG01B

Thanks! That helps me decide not to force this update... I might as well let my phone get one OTA update. Flash is already working for me, so I don't have any sense of urgency for this.

BoxcuttaStyle

Reaction score
Well after a little time and research I am rooted with FRG22D. If anyone else runs into the same issue as I (lost root when you manually installed the OTA today) and would like to root again I high recommend the thread from motoCache1 located here;

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

It was very helpful and I still have a completely 'stock' root, which is all I wanted. setCPU and wireless tether are working like a champ! :icon_ banana:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

Droid Froyo 2.2 FRG01B

Thanks! That helps me decide not to force this update... I might as well let my phone get one OTA update. Flash is already working for me, so I don't have any sense of urgency for this.

I think I'm going to wait for the OTA this time too. Well, we'll see. I did the manual update last time and it worked fine.

Nope. Not rooted.
Have you gone to the website to see if the beta's been updated again or something?

I reran the installer. This time I am going to download the installer again and run that.

I know I had to run it about 5 times after the last update before it worked.

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
The more I play around with this update the more impressed I am. The phone is a snappy little devil now.
Browser (Dolphin HD) seems faster than ever and when I switch back home the widgets (Fancy Widget, Power Widget, Audio Manager, Sign and System Widget end tasks) are all just there... no redraws.

My Quadrant is down to 800 from it's usual 848 but it is not noticeable.

I'll see what she does tomorrow after I re-boot in the morning.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
The more I play around with this update the more impressed I am. The phone is a snappy little devil now.
Browser (Dolphin HD) seems faster than ever and when I switch back home the widgets (Fancy Widget, Power Widget, Audio Manager, Sign and System Widget end tasks) are all just there... no redraws.

My Quadrant is down to 800 from it's usual 848 but it is not noticeable.

I'll see what she does tomorrow after I re-boot in the morning.
Quadrant seems to vary based on how hot the phone is, how new the install, how gassy your dog is, and whether or not you sneezed when the sun hit your eyes.

Average out three or four runs and see where it's sitting.

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
To those that have rooted the official build. If you have knowledge on how to pull the kernel files may someone do it please? I am guessing if you download a custom kernel, look in the zip file and then pull the same files from the build you haqve on your phone and replace the custom kernel files with the original files then those of us that used the p3d build can try the ota kernel. I am wondering why they have different kernels. Has anyone who rooted tried to deodex yet? I am on the road and all of my droid tools are on my desktop and work would not be happy if I had them installed on the laptop.

Thanks!

jbwiden

Reaction score
I just manually updated.

swype stopped working, so I uninstalled the swype program and re-ran the insaller and it worked. I am now swyping once again :)

grace

Reaction score
My name is grace, very happy know about the new you are given on the above. Thank you!

jbwiden

Reaction score
once finished with the download should/can I delete the update.zip from the sd card.

jbwiden

Reaction score
When I say download earlier I mean once the new OS is installed is it OK to delete the update.zip file