OFFICIAL FRG22D OTA patch is here. DOWNLOAD NOW!

ThatIdiotTibor

Reaction score
flash?

This might be a silly question, but I have seen only one person try and remedy the situation(and I went into application settings for the market and cleared the cache to no avail). I did everything as we are supposed to and my phone says its FRG22d all the way(sweeeet) but when I go to the market I only see the same boring few things from adobe... no flash. SHOCK AND HORROR! So, my aforementioned query. Anyone have any idea why I don't see flash despite having frg22d?

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Thatidiottibor power off then on that worked for a couple people.

Sent from my Droid

ThatIdiotTibor

Reaction score
flash finally

Figures, after rebooting numerous times, and fruitlessly searching the market for flash- the second I give a shout out to the forums, NOW my phone recognizes flash can be found. So I guess if anyone has the same issue as I did, maybe the phone needs about an hour and a half to settle its jangled electronic nerves(haha) prior to it giving you flash. So I guess to anyone with a similar issue, if you patch it, flash will come.... and flash IS glorious. Sorry for a useless post earlier.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
To those that have rooted the official build. If you have knowledge on how to pull the kernel files may someone do it please? I am guessing if you download a custom kernel, look in the zip file and then pull the same files from the build you haqve on your phone and replace the custom kernel files with the original files then those of us that used the p3d build can try the ota kernel. I am wondering why they have different kernels. Has anyone who rooted tried to deodex yet? I am on the road and all of my droid tools are on my desktop and work would not be happy if I had them installed on the laptop.

Thanks!
Im curious when P3 got his leak seeing that the kernel is different from Official.

Sent from my Droid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
To those that have rooted the official build. If you have knowledge on how to pull the kernel files may someone do it please? I am guessing if you download a custom kernel, look in the zip file and then pull the same files from the build you haqve on your phone and replace the custom kernel files with the original files then those of us that used the p3d build can try the ota kernel. I am wondering why they have different kernels. Has anyone who rooted tried to deodex yet? I am on the road and all of my droid tools are on my desktop and work would not be happy if I had them installed on the laptop.

Thanks!
Im curious when P3 got his leak seeing that the kernel is different from Official.

Sent from my Droid

I asked over at mdw and was told he adds the dev kernel to all of his releases which came from a frg01b build. Does the ota kernel allow 800mhz.

My battery life is horrible since 22d. I thought it may have been the kernel but it is the same one since 01b and the first 22 that he released. All of my other apps are the same unless there is a new facebook bug or some other app that got updated the past few days.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I just hope the OTA is exactly the same distribution as from Google's website. It should be, but we really won't know for sure until it comes out.
Distro from Google is the OTA : )

There are no other 22D patches being pushed by VZW

dwoid

Reaction score
Hmmm, since I can't edit that last question, I'll make my point more clearly here. Just last night as I was playing with different builds on my Droid I received three separate OTAs from Verizon. They were all FRG01B, but in two forms -- one named "9046f5a3ec09.signed-voles-ota-45394.zip" at 78755KB, like the full scripted one that was posted in this forum supposedly as the last official OTA, and the other named "e48e48ff4252.signed-voles-FRG01B-from-ESE81.zip" at 46288KB, the same as the one available for download from Moto's or Google's website. Obviously two very different versions of the same FRG01B build, both "official" OTAs to my Droid last night.

The truth is we cannot predict what Verizon will send out under any build name. Even while they are conducting the OTA, they may send different versions of the same build. What we have here in this thread is definately what is on Google's website, but will it be the 22D OTA, or will it be the only 22D OTA? We really have no idea...

All we can say is this OP's version of the FRG22D build is the version that is available for download from Google's website. Saying more than that is just not being fair to people who really care.

Iowaberg

Reaction score
After numerous attempts at trying to use my laptop to transfer the file I used one of the download methods directly to my Droid. The install went ok now, but my build still says FRG01B. I've powered my phone off 3 times and still no FRG22D or no flash.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
All we can say is this OP's version of the FRG22D build is the version that is available for download from Google's website. Saying more than that is just not being fair to people who really care.
Be assured this patch WILL be the one that is pushed.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
The larger 01B update only started being pushed after this rollout started, so the primary push will be with the smallest possible file to save bandwidth.

SquintyOS

Reaction score
Downloaded 22D onto my laptop then transferred to phone. Also found Flash in the market. Going to see how this runs before I decide on staying stock or not. Hopefully will stay until there is a better port.

dwoid

Reaction score
I'm not too skeptical that the OP's version of FRG22D will be *one of the* versions of FRG22D that is pushed during the OTA. I'm very skeptical that it will be *the only* versioin of FRG22D that is pushed during the OTA. But again, we won't know what was pushed until after this OTA is officially over, and it hasn't even started yet.

Unfortunately, over the last year leaked VZW/MOTO/Google "official" documents and word-of-mouth have been used to defend and prove every guess of OTA content that has been made in Droid forums. Many of those turned out to be wrong. I'm getting the impression that these documents are produced to accompany every build variation that comes out, just in case they are needed, and most are not needed or used for real production work. And unless you're talking to the CEO of VZW/Moto/Google, word-of-mouth is what it is...

I'm a nobody though, I can be dead wrong here, admit my wrongs and shake the dust off without getting bruised. Being a forum moderator and taking a hard stand on a headline build prediction that is impossible to prove until a future OTA is completed is pretty risky. I wish you luck. :)

dwoid

Reaction score
I thought that too until last night. Of the three FRG01B OTAs I received last night, two were the large versions and one was the small version. Plus I received another large version the previous day. Pretty hard to predict...

The larger 01B update only started being pushed after this rollout started, so the primary push will be with the smallest possible file to save bandwidth.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Dwoid they are not going to release different variations of the patch : )The big push was with FRG01B.

Sent from my Droid