~OFFICIAL: FRG01B FroYo Issues/Solutions Thread~

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by alm0614, Jun 23, 2010.

1. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    The only issue I've heard about is that when you use the volume rocker down it only goes to vibrate, not to silence. I assume you've double checked your settings? My was vibrating on incoming calls and ringing at the same time.

2. biggator

biggator New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Froyo - voice dial via bluetooth issues

Is anyone using this successfully?

I can connect to it from my car - and attempt to voice dial.. but so far, I've got it to find a contact ONCE. If I click 'voice dial' on the phone itself, it works about 95% of the time - but if I initiate it via bluetooth, it's useless. I just keep getting 'no record found' and 'good bye!'

Is it even using the same voice dial app? Anyone know why it works differently?

3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    It's not your car. Lot's of people are having issues with the voice search, and this goes back to before 2.2 was introduced.

For whatever reason, I don't have an issue with the voice search using my bluetooth headset, but many, many other people, including my wife and my brother tell me this is a problem. I think it really goes back to the issue that they never fixed with the straight voice dial versus voice search. Voice search works pretty great but I think it uses voice dial for this and that's what is causing the problem. It never was fixed.

All I can say is keep trying, no work around or anything that I know of for this.

4. biggator

biggator New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Strangely - voice dial works fine for me.. it's only via bluetooth. Will try it with a headset as well, just for comparison.

5. TheManWithoutAName

TheManWithoutAName New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Droid running slow after 2.2 update (FRG01B)

I hate my droid right now. It's as useless as my old windows phone. The homescreen takes 5-10 seconds to load if it ever does. Forget trying to click icons or switch desktops...Even answering a call has a 5 second delay that has led to countless missed calls. Is there a way to roll it back to 2.1? At this point I'm considering tossing this phone if they don't correct this by the end of the week.

6. ricks

ricks Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Bring it in to a Verizon store and they can flash it back to 2.1

7. meaker

meaker Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Have you tried doing a factory reset? Also are you using a task killer? Many have found TK to slow their phones..

8. TheManWithoutAName

TheManWithoutAName New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If I do a hard reset, how do I get all my apps back? This is why I hated my Windows phone - every time there was an issue I had to do a hard reset. The phone was perfect before the 2.2 update. Oh well, "Don't fix it if it ain't broke"

9. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I just installed flash from the Market on My D1. No issue. Funny, I can't see it in the Market on my D2 but I know it's installed.

10. homemadehitshow

Ratings:
    +0
    I felt quite similar but installing ADW Launcher (Launcher Pro is fine to) fixed almost every one of my problems relating to homescreens etc. People always recommend a factory reset but that's such a big, and unnecessary, step. There is also a hack out there that is supposed to fix the stock launcher.

11. mec6250

mec6250 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0

I don't think it's 2.2 - I have stock 2.2 and I am having none of these issues. I did the manual update, added manual Flash then went to the Market Flash when that update was made available. I don't have a
    task killer loaded. I use Open Home with 7 home screens. An occasional slow homescreen happens but it isn't the norm.

Some conflict with the applications you have loaded possible here?

12. ricks

ricks Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Verizon told me yesterday that since the 2.2 Froyo update that about 25% of the Droid1's are not accepting the update. They told me that they are working on another update to help fix these issues. They also told me to go to a Verizon store and just have them flash the phone back to 2.1 .

Search tags for this page

android froyo troubleshooting

frouo issues

froyo 07 issues

froyoissues