~OFFICIAL: FRG01B FroYo Issues/Solutions Thread~

A-Bomb

Reaction score
I'm using OS X. Does that change anything?

what do you mean OS X?

Do you mean the Droid X

No, a mac.

Oooooo ok

Sorry dont know MAC operating system names lol

Alright Delete all the update zips you have to than do this:

- Open Safari
- Navigate to "Safari" and then choose "Preferences"
- Choose the "General" tab
- Uncheck "Open Safe Files After Downloading"

Than redownload the file from the guide again try it and tell me what happens when you try to install.

And are you mounting the SD card from the droid and putting the Zip in the drive called "No Name"?

Last edited:

akj27

Reaction score
what do you mean OS X?

Do you mean the Droid X

No, a mac.

Oooooo ok

- Open Safari

Than redownload the file from the guide again try it and tell me what happens when you try to install.

And are you mounting the SD card from the droid and putting the Zip in the drive called "No Name"?

Ya, I did all that. I keep getting E:signtature verification failed

I guess I'll just wait :)

Thanks for all the help though, I really appreciate it. I think the link on the front page of droidforums.net might be bad.

A-Bomb

Reaction score
No, a mac.

Oooooo ok

- Open Safari

Ya, I did all that. I keep getting E:signtature verification failed

I guess I'll just wait :)

Thanks for all the help though, I really appreciate it. I think the link on the front page of droidforums.net might be bad.

No problem if i find or think of something ill send you a PM.

steve13

Reaction score
akj27 - try downloading it from firefox. If you don't have firefox, just go download it, and then redownload the 2.2 update. I'm also on a mac and I always have to download .zip files with firefox for them to work properly. I don't know if safari is unzipping them for me automatically or what, but for whatever reason they work first time every time with firefox.

hanny

Reaction score
installed perfect everything works EXCEPT flash. what is a .apk file extension. and why can't i run it on my MD

scientifics

Reaction score
Looking at the Froyo users guide, the Messaging app looks the same, however on the Droid, the page with a conversation shows the user icon in each message instead of just at the top (like it used to be and it shows in the guide). Is there a way to change this back to how it used to be?

apastuszak

Reaction score
Your browser is doing it

I'm using OS X. Does that change anything?

Your browser is automatically extracting the zip file into a directory. I forget how to turn that behavior off. If you can get to a terminal just type curl -O and paste in the URL. It will download and not unzip.

Reaction score
this is really making me kinda pissed..after i installed froyo, i factory reset just to get everything FRESH, and behold..some apps that are PAID for are missing from my downloads section in the market. anyone with a cure?

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Some of my paid apps are showing up, some are not. I'm assuming it's because the developers haven't marked them as being 2.2 compatible or such, yet.

tonytj

Reaction score
If i wanted to install the new rooted version that peter alfonso put out - I would need to go back to 2.0.1 or 2.1 and root then install that rom - Is that correct? or would it be better to wait to see if someone comes up with a root kit for 2.2?

drummerboyphil

Reaction score
i down loaded the update zip. but i tried to install it and i got the error message
e: cant open /cache / recovery/ command i really dont want to wait for the ota update