~OFFICIAL: FRG01B FroYo Issues/Solutions Thread~

coasterboy69

Reaction score
force close edit contact

Old phone was jacked up so Verizon sent me another. It did the 2.2 update and I loaded all of the same apps I had on old phone. Nothing new. Now everytime I try to edit a contact I get a force close. Tried rebooting and took out the battery for 30 seconds but no fix. Any ideas?

kseeholzer

Reaction score
I have a D1. The 2.2 update was pushed to my phone (not manually installed). Since the update the camera does not work. It forces close every time trying to open it. I have rebooted my phone several times (over 5). Any thoughts?

Arakaine

Reaction score
The default camera app works on my Droid 1 (turns on, snaps the picture) but whenever I try to view my pictures in the Gallery, the pictures are a gray/black square amidst my other perfectly normal pre-2.2 thumbnails. If I click on it, it loads and loads, then the phone goes idle until I hit the Home button or go to a picture I took before 2.2. I tried to send the picture via Messaging but it crashed the SMS each and every time; I had to Force Close every attempt. Yet the pictures I took prior to 2.2 show up perfectly fine in the Gallery, load instantly and I can send those via texting with no problems.

I did a factory reset twice and it didn't change anything.

jtpryan

Reaction score
Anybody using Plantronics Voyager Pro?

Well, now that 2.2 is here I was all excited to be able to use voice via my BT headset. But I can't seem to get it to work with this unit. Has anybody else been able to do it?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, now that 2.2 is here I was all excited to be able to use voice via my BT headset. But I can't seem to get it to work with this unit. Has anybody else been able to do it?

What's not working with it? I have a Plantronics headset, I think it's the cheaper one it cost about 40 bucks and it works fine for me.

So when you say it's not working, are you sure you are paired? Do you not hear a voice asking you to name a contact (I forget what it really says)?

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com

Mine is working great - what's happening (or not happening) with yours? Are you holding down the button until you here the prompt tone?

jtpryan

Reaction score
Thank you for the response.

The headset works fine as far as answering an incoming call and talking. I can adjust vol, hang up. This has always worked. But I expected, after 2.2, to be able to hit the action button and have the phone respond with something, like "contact name". In lieu of that I thought I could hit the button and issue a command like "call home".

But nothing happens when I hit the button. Unless I hit it twice quickly, then if call the last number dialed, as it did before.

Jim

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Thank you for the response.

The headset works fine as far as answering an incoming call and talking. I can adjust vol, hang up. This has always worked. But I expected, after 2.2, to be able to hit the action button and have the phone respond with something, like "contact name". In lieu of that I thought I could hit the button and issue a command like "call home".

But nothing happens when I hit the button. Unless I hit it twice quickly, then if call the last number dialed, as it did before.

Jim

With mine a double tap redials the last number (did this with 2.1 as well). A long press brings a short tone followed by a long tone (after that let go) and you should hear a voice that says "Speak now". Then you say your command "Call home"

Burtonbell

Reaction score
Gotta new one that just popped up today. My pictures i take with the Camera dont show up int he gallery. Any suggestions or ideas?

OrionWitch

Reaction score
my wife got the OTA update on her droid this morning, after it installed and rebooted she found that when you press the settings menu nothing happens, also when you try to place a widget or shortcut on the desktop it gives you an error message. this was the Authentic OTA Update not the Manual update. we tried hard reset, battery pull etc with no luck. So any help to make it work would be appreciated!

I'm having the exact same issue. Is there any way to resolve this?

Snoking

Reaction score
Get the 76MB file from the circuit thread and it will do a clean manual install over an existing 2.2 build. I did that to my phone after a not so clean OTA update. Phone is running great now. Battery life improved a lot. Chris

Reaction score
when you try to place a widget or shortcut on the desktop it gives you an error message.

Without the exact text of the error message it is hard to help. Telling a computer tech that you have an error message without quoting the text of it is like going to the doctor and saying.:

Patient: I have pain.

Doctor: Where? In your stomach? Your head? Your Back?

Patient: I don't know. I just have pain.

Doctor: You don't know where the pain is?

Patient: I just said that.

Doctor writes on his chart: Schedule Psychiatric Evaluation

:)

stumpie

Reaction score
Get the 76MB file from the circuit thread and it will do a clean manual install over an existing 2.2 build. I did that to my phone after a not so clean OTA update. Phone is running great now. Battery life improved a lot. Chris

Maybe I should try this. Since I received the OTA my Bluetooth won't stay connected in my car. Every 15 mins or so I loose sync .. Anyone else have this problem ? Worked fine before 2.2..

MarkDF

Reaction score

I'll toss in another vote for this process. I got the OTA and experienced most of the problems being discussed in this thread (very slow, lots of redraw lag, battery performance about half). I manually updated with 76MB file and have had some improvement. The phone is quicker than it was (although still not as responsive as 2.1) and battery life is better.

However, I'm still not very pleased with the "upgrade." My battery life now is better than after the 2.2 OTA, but still less than with 2.1. Opening the gallery still takes almost 10 seconds before the folders show any contents, the first swipe on the home screen is ignored. From my perspective, I'd like to go back to 2.1.

Next step will be a factory reset. Next step after that will be to call Verizon (although I did call them on Monday to find out if they had any secrets before I tried the factory reset, and I stop listening after the first suggestion was a task killer).

nickelocene

Reaction score
Since the 2.2 update, I've been having signal strength problem. My signal keeps dropping to 1x from time to time. This never happened before the update. Anyone has the same problem?