~OFFICIAL: FRG01B FroYo Issues/Solutions Thread~

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by alm0614, Jun 23, 2010.

1. g_what

g_what Member

since i got the 2.2 update (OTA, and i am not rooted), my phone has been kinda sluggish (among other issues). i went to a verizon store yesterday and asked about it. they said this was a common issue for the Droid 1 running 2.2. i was told they have some kind of 'special update' to 2.2 that is not being released OTA. it takes about an hour to install the update and it wipes everything from the phone. supposedly this will fix the issues i am having. i was unable to do the update yesterday because i got to the store about 30 min before they closed.

no one at verizon was able to really explain what it specifically did. im guessing they are just doing a 'clean install' of 2.2, but i dunno for sure. that is just my speculation.

i am just wondering if anyone has heard anything similar to this or knows anything about this?
  2. Snoking

Snoking Member

Get the large file FRG22D and do a manual install. If you have a task killer remove it. Froyo does not play well with other task killers. Chris
  3. g_what

g_what Member

i assume this was a response to me.

i do not use a task killer.
    do you have a link to the "large file FRG22D"?
  4. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Yeah, that? That's prime, Grade-A FUD and BULLSKYTE. All they're going to do is install the FRG22D SBF file. It also doesn't take an hour.

Yeah, that'd fix EVERYTHING, alright. It's a good thing you didn't get there "in time".

Nope, because it's bull. Whoever was there was trying to snow you, big time. Try this instead:

http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/verizon_voles/a5e329b00288.signed-voles-ota-50454.zip

Do you need install instructions?
  5. ricks

ricks Member

When I was having alot of problems with FRG22D, Verizon told me to take it to a corporate run store and they will fix my phone. They told me the fix was to flash the phone back to 2.1 . I said never mind.
  6. g_what

g_what Member

no, thx. i know how to manual install updates
  7. Snoking

Snoking Member

I think this is it.
    http://androidoverdrive.com/pete/OEM...-ota-45394.zip
    My is 78,864KB when downloaded. I downloaded and saved it. The FRG001B large file is 78,775KB

Chris
  8. solar

solar Member

that sounds like crapola. why wouldn't they just do use the large install file and clear out all cache and wipe the phone entirely? Maybe it doesn't work regulary, but it worked for me when I had ajor lag issues on my D1.
  9. PhoenixGTR

PhoenixGTR Member

I'm curious, what is the difference between the 54054 file and the 45394 file? They are different sizes. Is one more recent?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  10. Debtfree

Debtfree New Member

Interesting!

1) Flash is NOT included..it is in the Market, but currently invisible to Droid FroYo...Google should fix this issue soon.

I was able to get and install the Flash 10.1 version today.

I did have a problem with my X after the update was done. It would boot up but only show the M symbol.

Anyone have this problem??? I went to Verizon and the tech told me the OS might not have installed correctly cause my battery was not fully charged when I allowed the phone to install the update...I actually didn't know that I was installing Froyo either until after it was installed.

Any advice

Debtfree
  11. furbearingmammal

You have an X and an Eris? Nice upgrade. Whatcha do with the Eris?

Okay, you could try to boot into recovery and reinstall the update manually, pull the SD card and place the proper update on the root and try to install it that way, or possibly some other things, including SBFing the phone back to stock 2.1 and trying again. I'd recommend the first two first.
  12. Debtfree

Debtfree New Member

How Do You Put It On The Root?

How do you put it on the root....just copy it to the SD card and just not put it into a folder??? That's how I have understood it....am I right or wrong?
  13. furbearingmammal

Spot on. That's the "root" of the SD card. Some people created a folder called Root and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. :)
  14. g_what

g_what Member

so i finally got a straight answer from someone at a verizon store yesterday (not the verizon store i would normally go to). this "update" actually is a downgrade back to 2.1. i think someone else mentioned previously that they were told about this also.

im not sure if the following is true or not, but i was also told (by the same guy who told me that the "update" is a downgrade) that motorola is working on an update for the droid1 that fixes the lagging issues that some people (including myself) are having. anyone know if this is valid?
  15. khsjsilver

khsjsilver New Member

Music problem with 2.2

When I use the music player and I turn the phone horizontal, then back to vertical, my whole phone locks up. Sometimes it shuts off, sometimes I need to take the battery out. The music player worked fine before the 2.2 upgrade.

Is anyone having the same problem??
  16. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

This is not the correct area for these questions. This area if for the Motorola Droid 1. For all other questions please post here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...l-droid-x-2-2-solutions-issues-thread-27.html

If you need to repost your question that is fine, we won't ding you for cross posting.
  17. RolyRolo

RolyRolo New Member

Nexus One [UPDATED]: As expected, Google's flagship phone was first in line for the Froyo upgrade. In late May, a "very limited test group" received an early copy of the 2.2 software. By late June, a full Nexus One Froyo rollout had begun.
  18. bmw850rt

bmw850rt New Member

Hi,
    I have migrated on Froyo 2.2 15 days later. And i have sometime the GPS can't running.dancedroid
    But after reflexion, i have each time a alerte on memory overfloat when an meeting alert is up and these alerts are declared on JORTE. Juste after if i don't reset my FURY, GPS can't up with the GPS button including on icons consommation managment.
    And i must go to icons panel/parameters/localization to check on the GPS. but is not see by my Map application.
    I don't know if is JORTE or meeting service, but when i check that off Jort application when is unload. i have nothing trouble now......:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:
  19. bmw850rt

bmw850rt New Member

2.2, GPS, and schedule services

(sorry i answer in previous post by error....i am beginner :icon_eek:)

Hi,
    I have migrated on Froyo 2.2 15 days later. And i have sometime the GPS can't running.dancedroid
    But after reflexion, i have each time a alerte on memory overfloat when an meeting alert is up and these alerts are declared on JORTE. Juste after if i don't reset my FURY, GPS can't up with the GPS button including on icons consommation managment.
    And i must go to icons panel/parameters/localization to check on the GPS. but is not see by my Map application.
    I don't know if is JORTE or schedule service, but when i check that off Jort application when is unload. i have nothing trouble now......[​IMG][​IMG]
Search tags for this page

android froyo troubleshooting

frouo issues

froyo 07 issues

froyoissues