~OFFICIAL: FRG01B FroYo Issues/Solutions Thread~

HaLo2FrEeEk

Reaction score
2.2 broke my phone!

I got the update notification last night and was super excited, I've been waiting very impatiently for 2.2. I plugged in my phone, started the install, and fell asleep. When I woke up at about 8 am, I noticed that my phone said 6.15am, I thought that was weird, so I tried unlocking it. Nothing, it was completely unresponsive. I couldn't turn the screen off, I couldn't even power it down by holding the power button, I had to pull the battery. I started it back up, started playing with it...froze again. Long story short, this happened twice more before I called Verizon (from my wife's phone.) They told me to take it into a store and they would apply a patch that would fix the problem. I did that and the phone seemed to work, until I got to my wife's work and sat down, then it froze again, pulled the battery, restarted, froze again. I went back to the store and they said they could replace it but it wouldn't be here til Tuesday, or I could pay $20 to have it by tomorrow (Saturday.) I paid.

I had a thought then, maybe it was the SD card, so I pulled it out and restarted...works perfectly. The Verizon guys think that the update corrupted my card; my card that all my pictures, music, movies, and apps are backed up to. Naturally the one irreplaceable thing is what breaks.

So the phone works, I just can't download anything because I don't have an SD card. And what's worse, I thought Flash 10.1 would be in the marketplace...it isn't, and I can't download it from here because I DON'T HAVE AN SD CARD!

I was so eagerly awaiting this update too. Now I want it to go away.

On the upside, my phone IS a lot faster.

Anyone else have any day-one issues with the update?

P.S. my battery is draining WAY faster than with 2.1, like since I've been typing this post it's gone down 1/4.

Edit: I know that the SD card is replacable; The data, however, is not.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Threads merged to proper area. If you are not getting an answer to your question, feel free to post it back up here. You won't get dinged for it.

Laurence5905

Reaction score
New 2.2 Security Features...

I'm sure you've all read the 2.2 Update FAQ:
http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/moto_droid.pdf

However, there's one thing it's not exactlly clear on. It mentions new security features, but doesn't mention HOW you use them?

I figured out the whole PIN# or Password-to-unlock thingy (Menu | Settings | Location & Security | Set Up Screen Lock), but the bit about "Remote Device Wipe and Remote Lock," I have no idea how to access...

So, if this thing truly has those features (remote lock, etc.) how does one access them? I'm assuming it's a web-site somewhere? Or maybe you send a text to the phone and it locks itself? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Laurence MacNeill
Mableton, Georgia, USA

bamaboy74

Reaction score
how is anybody gonna see our problem here? this thread is long with many pages. i was getting help until it got moved!! just asking!!

Speedcouch

Reaction score
I pretty much HATE it!

Frankly, I want my old version back!

Do not like the icons automatically added on the bottom of my main screen for the phone and internet. I already have them on my main screen. Don't need them duplicated. That's starting to look too much like a Microsoft thing to me.

Put it in my cradle here at work and the display is horrible now! I LIKED having my weather displayed at all times. After a few minutes now, a screensaver comes on and it's an annoying GREEN and only shows the time. Is there a work-around to change this?

As a matter of fact, is there a work around to get rid of those automatic icons on the main screen now?

HELP!!!

Cheryl

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Increase battery? Could be, you're running at 800 mhz now as opposed to 600 mhz.

How do you find out the clock speed? In my System app it's showing 600. Is there a setting to change it to 800?

This is an unrooted Droid on 2.2 with the manual install (79mb version).

LT*

Reaction score
Frankly, I want my old version back!

Do not like the icons automatically added on the bottom of my main screen for the phone and internet. I already have them on my main screen. Don't need them duplicated. That's starting to look too much like a Microsoft thing to me.

Put it in my cradle here at work and the display is horrible now! I LIKED having my weather displayed at all times. After a few minutes now, a screensaver comes on and it's an annoying GREEN and only shows the time. Is there a work-around to change this?

As a matter of fact, is there a work around to get rid of those automatic icons on the main screen now?

HELP!!!

Cheryl

You could always just delete the old icons from your homescreen. Then you wouldn't have dupilcates, and you'd have more space for other things. You can also download a home replacement app like Launcher pro or ADW launcher. They are customizable and will do what you want.

The dock issue should be fixable with a replacement dock app. Search the market.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

HELP!!!

Cheryl

I agree with LT* about using a different Home, like Launcher Pro. It'll let you change the number of screens and customize your dock as well. ADW is another one to try.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Increase battery? Could be, you're running at 800 mhz now as opposed to 600 mhz.

How do you find out the clock speed? In my System app it's showing 600. Is there a setting to change it to 800?

You need to be rooted to overclock

chalowm

Reaction score
okay so i was trying to read through and see if any of this had already been addressed but am at work and not even supposed to be on here!

first, my home launcher (stock) takes FOREVER to load all the time. how do i fix this? driving me crazy! seems like the phone just randomly freezes up whenever it feels like. really missing the whole speed bit that everyone raves about. maybe theres a better launcher that wont do this? though i was perfectly happy with the stock one, just hate the freezing and loading issues now.

second, when i'm on a call the backlight randomly comes on and my cheek hangs up on ppl or takes the phone to the home screen and they can no longer hear me or mutes the call or even turns on the speaker phone. this one is really frustrating me as i don't like having to call someone back 5 or 6 times to finish a 10min phone call. anyone else notice this or is it just my phone? this never happened prior to update.

third, i know flash isn't out yet but does anybody have any idea as to when its gonna be visibile in the market? all these delays are just crazy...

so i called verizon... they told me to try a master reset to fix the backlight problem. we'll see if that works..

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

The reason I know is because I am rooted and when I'm not overclocked using the application SetCPU I can see that it runs with the stock kernel at 800 mhz.

Hope that explains it to you.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

You need to be rooted to overclock

OK, I can see that, but Hookbill made it sound like the Froyo update would do that.

Hookbill, you responded while I was typing this. I guess it did go up from 576. I was curious as I have an app called SeePU which is like the Task Manager on Windows. It's showing up peaked a lot and I though going at 800 would help it. But I have no way to determine if it's going at 800.

Last edited:

turdbogls

Reaction score
same here....the only reason i am keeping it is b/c the browser seems to work really well now...much faster than 2.1. but i am rooted so maybe i will flash back to a 2.1 rom and check it out now that i am overclocked.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you've all read the 2.2 Update FAQ:
http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/moto_droid.pdf

However, there's one thing it's not exactlly clear on. It mentions new security features, but doesn't mention HOW you use them?

I figured out the whole PIN# or Password-to-unlock thingy (Menu | Settings | Location & Security | Set Up Screen Lock), but the bit about "Remote Device Wipe and Remote Lock," I have no idea how to access...

So, if this thing truly has those features (remote lock, etc.) how does one access them? I'm assuming it's a web-site somewhere? Or maybe you send a text to the phone and it locks itself? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Laurence MacNeill
Mableton, Georgia, USA

wow, i didnt know you could remote wipe... i shall research this now. :) i know my security software could, but that 3rd party software...

hoosiermama

Reaction score

Someone posted yesterday about downloading Alarm Clock Plus, and changing the screen saver timeout setting to "never" in that app. It works! I have one dock at work, and I change it to "never", then at home, change it back to something else for nighttime charging.