~OFFICIAL: FRG01B FroYo Issues/Solutions Thread~

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by alm0614, Jun 23, 2010.

1. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Nope, you would need rooting and even then I couldn't tell you how to do it. Probably a custom ROM.

2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Glad that worked for you. A factory data reset is really a good way to get the garbage out of your Droid. I wouldn't recommend doing them on a regular basis but when push comes to shove and you can't find another fix it's worth a try.

3. kpoker

kpoker Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Texting after update

Besides the fact that I lost ALL my texts AGAIN like 2 weeks ago. After this update, the texts are all grey, I like it a lot better when they were black and grey when not read. Any options to set this back?

4. jcross

jcross New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    froyo...having problems

So I got the OTA update and I haven't checked it out too much but I have noticed that launcher pro is much slower than it was before and for some reason my phone constantly starts 14-15 apps...I hit the app killer and no more than 5 sec later all the same apps are running again...didn't have this problem with 2.1. Does the update return your setting to default? Hats the only thing I can think. Oh and I d/l the flash player from the link on this site and don't know if its just me but I find it super laggy and it constantly buffers.

#412 jcross, Aug 18, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  5. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,671
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    first of all, get rid of that task killer, it's not needed.

LauncherPro should run relatively smooth on 2.2, you should check the settings.

6. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I'm rooted so my experiences are different. I have FROYO and have not had any of the issues you are describing. I would suggest removing the task killer and the launcher to see if that stabilizes your phone.

If you don't get sufficient assistance I'll move your post to a different forum.

Mike

7. FWPhoto

FWPhoto Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I haven't lost my texts but agree with you about the gray texts...ugh...black was much easier to read. I'm curious about this option too. :blink:

8. DroidFan

DroidFan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hope someone can help me...

Just manually updated my Droid to Froyo (non-rooted)... the update seemed to go flawlessly, but now the phone is just buggy and doesn't want to respond. My HelixLauncher keeps force quitting, so I thought I'd dump and reinstall it, but the Droid doesn't even want to access the Market.

I did a battery pull, still slow and buggy with a lot of lag.

Any help anyone can give me would be appreciated... I really think if I could get Helix Launcher off, that it would be better...

9. cableguy

cableguy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Android 2.2 Update = Lost Music Data?

Hi,

Upon upgrading to 2.2, I see that all of my music tag information has been dumped (or appears to). The files are still there in the music folder that I created, but when attempting to view them in any music playing app (Standard Music, MixZing) nothing really shows up because the apps cannot find anything without the tag information being present?

I did a quick search and didn't see any threads regarding this issue.... anyone else encounter this or know how to retrieve this data?

Thanks...
    ~Cable

10. jamos5790

jamos5790 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After Froyo I cant use data...

My 3g has disappeared and it wont let me check email, txt msg, or get on the internet, but I can make phone calls. I have pulled the battery and i even did a hard reset with no luck, anyone else have this problem and find a solution.

11. Liebo11

Liebo11 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    got my 2.2 update but i don't see any swype available? i thought this was gonna be a big part of the new update...i don't see much different to be honest

12. shenanigans_ink

Ratings:
    +0
    same problem. I just reconfigured Juice Defender and my data is working fine again.

Search tags for this page

android froyo troubleshooting

frouo issues

froyo 07 issues

froyoissues