Official FRF84B Froyo Issues, Changes, Solutions Thread

ciscocv

Reaction score
i do not have a 3d drawer. its just plain jane. nothing to special. it fades in and out when i come and go out of it but no 3d. i came from bb v3.0 and that had the 3d drawer. do i need to do something else?

jsternbe

Reaction score
Doesn't bgills market fix change the build number? Not a huge deal but don't like seeing that test keys jive in about section.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I didn't check. It made the boot really slow, so I backed up everything using Titanium and cleared and reflashed again.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i do not have a 3d drawer. its just plain jane. nothing to special. it fades in and out when i come and go out of it but no 3d. i came from bb v3.0 and that had the 3d drawer. do i need to do something else?

No 3d launcher, I would suggest ADW or Launcherpro for the 3d launcher. IMO without the 3d launcher it works smoother.

19DroidRage84

Reaction score

No 3d launcher, I would suggest ADW or Launcherpro for the 3d launcher. IMO without the 3d launcher it works smoother.

ADW doesn't have the 3d app drawer. But it does have the horizontal app drawer from the galaxy s. Which is very nice.

J*Bishop

Reaction score
So far so good. The Market searched for a while but its good. A lot of people are complaining that the links are down so I'm reupping some. What I've noticed:

- The updated Maps works FINE.
- Trying the Droid X keyboard now..hopefully it doesnt force close
- Chrome to Phone still works.
- Nexus Theme from the Bugless 0.3 works (scary, right)
- Rom Manager works
- The normal default launcher works as well. No lag with the 3d app drawer.
- Dont see apps2sd....?

I'll come back with more.

how is NexTheme working out for you?

jev

Reaction score
No apps2sd which I need since the notification says I'm low on storage and when I touch it it takes me to manage applications where the move to sd card button is greyed out.

pmc2025

Reaction score
Has anyone else had the dreaded "boot loop" happen to them? I've tried re-installing the ROM through Clockwork, but it still loops. I'm restoring my Kangerade rom right now and would really appreciate any advice!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Has anyone else had the dreaded "boot loop" happen to them? I've tried re-installing the ROM through Clockwork, but it still loops. I'm restoring my Kangerade rom right now and would really appreciate any advice!

Have you tried wiping data and cache. If so can I suggest using rom manager to push sprecovery (or follow the stick I made to push sprecovery using terminal emulator) and installing the rom that way. After everything is installed and running successfully you can use rom manager to reinstall clockwork.

Taegost

Reaction score
never mind answered my on question. after finished I can just re-install titanium and restore everything? Does facebook sync with this release?

Facebook sync isn't really an issue with the builds, it's with the data. I have a guide on how to fix it: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-faq/48424-how-fix-facebook-sync-issues.html

As for your Titanium Backup question, yes, I use it to back up and restore, it even does Live Wallpapers. I have the paid version so it does it all in a batch without intervention by me, but I've noticed that if I don't wait for all my apps to sync, I may have to restore a program here or there, my guess it because it's being sync'd when Titanium goes to install it.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Home sitcher app does not support the official froyo yet. If you are like me and use multiple home apps (I have the default home app as my primary, and launcher pro for work...copying scenes idea from senseui) that was an important app. Hopefully the dev can get that fixed. For now you the clear default app.

ipawd1

Reaction score
The Nexus theme I put onto my update (84B) seems to be the culprit to why my phones so messed up. It worked fine, but the apps didnt load, anything. Right now I'm STILL trying to manage to get my sd card to load all my apps. It loads my photos, videos, music, but NOT the stuff I ned to have my apps show up. Thus leading me to believe the apps2sd DOESNT work on this build. SO...I'm going back to BB V0.3 and the auto apps2sd.

HOPEfully my apps show up again. Or I'll have ot format my sd card when I get home.

Taegost

Reaction score
FYI: I was running Kangerade 1.1. I installed FRF84B with no data wipe and everything works fine so there is no need to wipe your data.

I was on Kangerade as well and I had to pull my battery because I forgot to wipe data. It sat at the red eye for 5 minutes. Once I wiped, it came right up.
It's always recommended to wipe data and cache when switching ROMs, your mileage may vary.

CKyle22

Reaction score
Skype still doesn't work.

EDIT: In fact it won't even show up in the Market.

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Skype still doesn't work.

EDIT: In fact it won't even show up in the Market.

You build the app to the OS, not the other way around. Skype will have to get their app to work with 2.2.

spillner

Reaction score
Videos recorded before update won't play properly. On a brighter note, my camera doesn't take pictures in a "purple haze" anymore.