Official flash in market?

Reaction score

Would this run on a rooted, overclocked X? I'm running 1.15Ghz and between ATK and Android System Info I can generally keep my free RAM between 115 & 180MB.

Unfortunately, the Droid X runs off 2.1 software and to use flash the froyo (2.2) infrastructure needs to be on your phone. I'm not 100% on this but its a combination of the 2.2 browser, and the froyo OS that work together with this app to work on phones.

The good news here, is that Birdman at alldroid.org is spearheading (working day and night) to get the Droid X running a custom recovery and hopefully 2.2 ROMs on your device. Until they get it working though, or until Motorola releases froyo officially on the X, you are out of luck.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
CM6 RC's seem to have something (probably in the build.prop) that allows for users to see adobe flash in the market. My guess is they have faked the market to believe you are running the N1 instead of a froyo droid.
I'd agree with that. The Nexus 1 CM ROMs hit first, and Koush ports the code to the Droid, and at least one person has reported that the N1 build worked on his droid for a while before it lagged out and he replaced it with the Droid ROM.

Since N1 hits first and is ported to the Droid, it makes sense that the build.prop would be based on the N1 code.

This would be correct. It has the most recent Nexus One build.prop footprint. This makes the market think it is a Nexus One (which could be bad since it allows you to install apps that might not be meant for other phones, but this is more or less just being really caucious on my part) and allows you to see the flash app.

More likely than not though, people should want to keep their build.props pointing the market into thinking it is a Droid running Froyo.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Right on, Tanknspank. Those of us on the bleeding edge are willing to take risks, though -- or we'll learn why it's called the bleeding edge in a hurry. :)

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Right on, Tanknspank. Those of us on the bleeding edge are willing to take risks, though -- or we'll learn why it's called the bleeding edge in a hurry. :)

Bleeding edge, or second hand? :p

Sorry, in this situation it just seems that they didn't do any modifications to the Droid version and just made sure it worked. Devs shouldn't make the phone trick the market like that.

Though I am sure others will see it as the devs should because it gets them flash in the market. But what is wrong with grabbing the .apk from the internet and installing it?

I swear some people are just so lazy these days... :)

Droid101

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone stated this but the flash link in market is only showing up on certain ROMS it was explained in another topic I believe in the hacking section I don't know the exact reason but supposedly the today is when it should be available in the market(all of which was a rumor).

flipsy

Reaction score
When should Flash be in the market for stock nonrooted users?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
So when is this automatic update going to hit droids with ota 2.2?
If you mean when will it automatically install, it won't. It's an add-on. If you mean when will the second 2.2 update that's supposed to hit already updated phones and do wonderful things, that's a mystery. Some time after the first rollout ends.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
This would be correct. It has the most recent Nexus One build.prop footprint. This makes the market think it is a Nexus One (which could be bad since it allows you to install apps that might not be meant for other phones, but this is more or less just being really caucious on my part) and allows you to see the flash app.

More likely than not though, people should want to keep their build.props pointing the market into thinking it is a Droid running Froyo.

Incorrect. CM6 rc3 has the same info in build.prop that the frg01b OTA has, and in fact identifies itself as frg01b.

The MARKET APP is where the difference lies. Due to legal reasons, the Google Apps cannot be incorporated into the ROM, and are instead offered as a seperate download. And, the download just happens to contain the Google Apps for the Nexus One. In other words, if you are running CM6 rc3, you are running the Nexus One's market app.

And before anyone asks, no, you cannot simply load the N1 Google Apps on frg01b and have it work correctly. Unless you are a fan of force close messages, and don't like the ability to check your gmail or use search.

You CAN, however, install Flash 10.1 under CM6 rc3 and downgrade to OTA frg01b. The autodownloader will redownload Flash 10.1 and suddenly, it WILL show up in frg01b's market app.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
whats the difference between this one and flash 10.1.61.68?
In basic functionality, nothing. In optimizations and improved code, a lot. You may find it smoother, you may think it's choppy depending on what you're trying to watch. Sometimes compatibility takes precedence over performance in final builds.

dolpns13

Reaction score
whats the difference between this one and flash 10.1.61.68?
In basic functionality, nothing. In optimizations and improved code, a lot. You may find it smoother, you may think it's choppy depending on what you're trying to watch. Sometimes compatibility takes precedence over performance in final builds.

If I download the APK file it will replace the one I already have?