OFFICIAL Droid X 2.2 Solutions/Issues Thread

timrock

Reaction score
When I use the music player and I turn the phone horizontal, then back to vertical, my whole phone locks up. Sometimes it shuts off, sometimes I need to take the battery out. The music player worked fine before the 2.2 upgrade.

Is anyone having the same problem??

This should be addressed with the upcoming update in a week or so... but in the mean time recalibrate your compass that just may do the trick for you.

update to froyo 2.2?

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
Ever since the 2.2 update, my wifi is constantly dropping. Even while downloading videos and such or instant messaging or whatever.

Anyone else having this issue? All of my settings are the same as I had them in 2.1 and I never experienced these drops AT ALL before the update.

Please, if you have them, offer your suggestions or experiences with this WiFi deal in this thread.

personally I believe this is due to a bug in one of the battery life extension instructions that they included in 2.2 the instruction set seems to be flawed and is resetting when performing some of these functions.
Look for this to be addressed with an update in the very near future.

timrock

Reaction score
Do we need to install flash from marketplace right way, because after the update I was able to listen to music off websites without downloading flash from streamable players already on the websites that wouldn't show up before the update
no, flash was included in the update, the app just doesnt show up on your screen.

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
When I use the music player and I turn the phone horizontal, then back to vertical, my whole phone locks up. Sometimes it shuts off, sometimes I need to take the battery out. The music player worked fine before the 2.2 upgrade.

This should be addressed with the upcoming update in a week or so... but in the mean time recalibrate your compass that just may do the trick for you.

update to froyo 2.2?

Yes there should be a "bug fix" update pretty soon. But as I said your compass could be the root cause of this as well.

chicostyles

Reaction score
update system

Hello everyone I've been waiting for dis day ever since I got the Droid was to get froyo and flash but I am having trouble the system updates says I have no updates at this time so I'm still stuck on 2.1 I'm am not rooted please help wit some advice thanx

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
Hello everyone I've been waiting for dis day ever since I got the Droid was to get froyo and flash but I am having trouble the system updates says I have no updates at this time so I'm still stuck on 2.1 I'm am not rooted please help wit some advice thanx

The update is being issued in blocks of 10,000 per week so you may have to wait a week or two for your phone to be picked up on the update list. Patients grasshopper.

lbcc49er

Reaction score
2.2 performance worse than 2.1

HI - I have two Droid X fones, 1 I updated to 2.2 and notice it to be more choppy and not as smooth as 2.1.

When doing side by side comparisons 2.2 is a bit slower and not as smooth.

Anyone else notice this? Is there a problem with 2.2?

Thanks!

cgiammona

Reaction score
Issues with 2.2 Update

So, the update went smoothly and then theproblems started. Handcent keeps losing any new text messages and reverts to the status of messages just prior to the update (yesterday at 9:00am PST). Should I delete and reinstall Handcent?

I have also removed the battery and SD card and the problem still exists.

Installed the Flash 10.1 update form the market and later the phone shows that the update is gone and flash is back to the version that came with 2.2.

I also have a Nexus one with 2.2 and all works well. I am still within my 30 days and thinking about returning for a new phone.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So, the update went smoothly and then theproblems started. Handcent keeps losing any new text messages and reverts to the status of messages just prior to the update (yesterday at 9:00am PST). Should I delete and reinstall Handcent?

I have also removed the battery and SD card and the problem still exists.

Installed the Flash 10.1 update form the market and later the phone shows that the update is gone and flash is back to the version that came with 2.2.

I also have a Nexus one with 2.2 and all works well. I am still within my 30 days and thinking about returning for a new phone.
You have to realize you build the app for the OS, not the other way around.

I haven't had a need for handcent anymore but when I had my D1 with 2.2 it seemed to work fine. Try deleting and reinstalling.

LouS

Reaction score
The downloads you see are for those apps you PURCHASED...You won't, or at least I didn't, see apps that listed that were free.

I haven't purchased any apps so the apps I am seeing are the free ones I DL'ed. Just not seeing all of them...

cgiammona

Reaction score
Any further thoughts on the market issue:

Seems strange that when I reboot the phone, updates disappear.

Chris

Ag3nt X

Reaction score
Any further thoughts on the market issue:

Seems strange that when I reboot the phone, updates disappear.

Chris

so your updating to 10.1.95.1 and it keeps reverting to 10.1.72.10?

Last edited:

khsjsilver

Reaction score

How do you recalibrate your compass??

Ag3nt X

Reaction score

How do you recalibrate your compass??

go to your apps pull up compass then recalibrate