Official D2 "Soak" here!! Reviews?

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Roms' started by droid2drummer, Aug 30, 2011.

1. droid2drummer

droid2drummer Active Member

Yes and random junk mail too lol...And I kept getting all kinds of junk from them for a while and I would run and grab it and hope it was the update..lol then I decided I wouldn't take it..I flash waaaaaay too much to stay on long enough...:)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  2. droid2drummer

Thanks!! Yes I understand the waiting pains..lol That really was a shame that global got to this point and then didn't go over well...I know soon you will get yours! And who knows truly how ours will go? Of course we did get one post of positive feedback so far!

3. americanz

americanz New Member

here is a screenshot of the system info form ota gb
  4. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR New Member

So I have to register at the Motorola forum? And then what? Make a thread that I demand to be included in some cool testings? Sorry, I just feel left out and thought it would be cool to test things that not all users have yet!
  5. americanz

americanz New Member

no you just register there. i have never posted there. not once. just when you register they ask if you are interested in testing. then when there is something available for your phone they email you. but since the soak for gb is out and i dont see the d2 ever getting ice cream sandwich, idk if its worth doing or not.
  6. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR New Member

Well, I don't think I'll be testing it now. I got banned there just now.
  7. americanz

americanz New Member

For what?

Sent from my D2 GB Apex 2.0 @1.4ghz
  8. TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR New Member

For making a thread and asking what I needed to do to test it. Then some moderator said that I was too late and I should be quicker to get on it next time. I replied back saying are you f*cking kidding me? Maybe you should tell whoever is in charge of releasing the test to stop being such a damn recluse and send out e-mails instead. Let people reply back, meaning they want in. Then they can pick out random people who replied back. Instead of having us play the guessing game and miss out on stuff like that!

Oh well..
  9. Bassaholic33

Bassaholic33 New Member

Holy bong hits batman!!!!
  10. Communisum

Communisum New Member

Someone that has it should post a system dump if possible for the devs.
  11. droid2drummer

That would be awesome! But I fugured they prolly already have it..I'm sure, but then again...idk? Tbh probably has it...

12. droid2drummer

To those in question....The Soaks. Are sent in two ways...they will sent random test soaks...and they do have a sign up on motos sight..however..they don't let everyone that signs up get the soak...this is because they are probably testing different areas to spread feedback from all over..however a select few...(still thousands I imagine..) if you sign up now, or whenever you get a device, your chances may be greater, but I'm not positive...as awesome as it sounds...I will wait before dling...I need to flash daily and usually multiple times...lol

13. americanz

americanz New Member

as i said if i knew how i would
  14. Zottig

Zottig New Member

I too was hoping someone would have posted a clockworkmod/nandroid backup by now.

Ben
  15. americanz

americanz New Member

well im a little afraid to bootstrap it just yet. i,m sure the official ota will be out soon
  16. droid2drummer

Thanks all for your feedback..so root isn't a problem? I didn't think it was..the x was rooted and we already had rooted leak..So if your all good and everyone else is decent, we should see oue update by the beginning of next week...as I was whispered by a rep a while back..but their guess is as good as mine and yours..the good news is less bugs to no bugs, means update to come for all within a matter of days..hopefully and not weeks...woowhoo!

17. Zottig

Zottig New Member

Well I am stuck flashing to a Droid 2 base no matter what because I have the red-headed stepchild Droid 2 R2D2 which I don't expect to ever see Gingerbread. I am at my wits end with it rebooting at least once a day and dropping 3g amongst other frustrations. I'm frustrated not because I am impatient and want Gingerbread (a mere 9 months after it came out) so much as I want something that is more stable. But I guess a few more days won't kill me. It'll just reboot a few more times in meetings inappropriately, I've gotten used to that by now.

Ben
  18. droid2drummer

Dude I believe the ONLY difference between yours and ours is the bootanimation and wallpapers and media..I honestly don't think you should have to worry about flashin d2 roms and what not...But I coud be wrong....anyone else know about this?? I'm curious!! I ha ve a guy needing cm7 on his coming over tomorrow and I was going for it..good thing were on the subject? But this is his backup phone and I told him I was almost positive it would work...he doesn't mind because I have a workstation set up for my lil side business of smartphone tinkering..lol

19. silver6054

silver6054 New Member

Well, we already have the gb leak for the d2g and the soak test is starting soon. Vzw have posted info about the update (yes, I know they did that before and nothing happened, but people have been invited for the soak

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  20. Zottig

Zottig New Member

Well the Droid2, the R2D2 and the Global certainly doesn't make it easy when investigating hacks either. I see lots of posts saying, don't use this on the R2D2 or don't use this if you have the global... etc.

I tend to want to keep to the official release unless there is a compelling reason to go with something else. With most of the unofficial releases there always seems to be something that's broken or some tradeoff. I get OS hacking and approve of the act, but I think customers need to demand more stable releases of the official ROM and hold handset makers accountable and if there is an issue, it gets a patch in a timely manner. Hacking really goes around the problem rather than confronting it.

I am for the soak test, and hope it pans out soon.

Ben