Official D2 "Soak" here!! Reviews?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
And the Soak arrived late last night! If you would like to share with the community..Here we are all ears!! And thanks for your participation...I myself, will not take the soak..I'm just too excited about cm7gb still..lol anyway, hope the soak is working great! But I'm almost positive someone will find a problem as bugs will be bugs..lol Hence.."the Soak!"..:)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

ksalce

Reaction score
And the Soak arrived late last night! If you would like to share with the community..Here we are all ears!! And thanks for your participation...I myself, will not take the soak..I'm just too excited about cm7gb still..lol anyway, hope the soak is working great! But I'm almost positive someone will find a problem as bugs will be bugs..lol Hence.."the Soak!"..:)

I didn't understand anything that you were talking about lol. Please explain what is "soak"?

on the miui shiz

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
People are testing the finalized version of the official gingerbread update.

From where? Is he talking about the final version of GB from the DX or something? I have no clue what the "Soak" is here and don't see it anywhere else.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
From where? Is he talking about the final version of GB from the DX or something? I have no clue what the "Soak" is here and don't see it anywhere else.

Motorola/VZW sends out the official GB OTA to a select few, which is called a "soak test".

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Motorola/VZW sends out the official GB OTA to a select few, which is called a "soak test".

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Thanks bro..I was at work and was dying to respond..Lol I hopes for some reviews today but maybe later? I don't want to test it..but if I hear some really awesome unbelievable reviews, I will be taking a part..(well, maybe) ..lol

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
To the D2 users? I'm really confused here. I thought VZW/Motorola already brought the GB OTA for all DX users a couple months ago. Wish someone would clarify a bit more to what the "Soak" is/does, why only a select few, which devices, if its just a testing update will it roll out for all D2 users?

americanz

Reaction score
dx has gb yes. d2 however just had the soak released last night, i am in the soak. so far it seems great. but i havent really had much time to play with it. but i have used my phone today as i always do and have had no issues. but havent explored every extent. battery life seem good. i was on monster leak and this is very similar. infact i havent really noticed a difference. and it is rootable. via d3 method

[ROOT] Droid 3 root instructions (One Click added for Windows/ Linux/ OSX)se this file

MotorolaOneClickRoot_psouza4.zip
e
asy a cake takes about 5 min

only problem with rooting is as of right now no way back. no sbf, no unroot.

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
To the D2 users? I'm really confused here. I thought VZW/Motorola already brought the GB OTA for all DX users a couple months ago. Wish someone would clarify a bit more to what the "Soak" is/does, why only a select few, which devices, if its just a testing update will it roll out for all D2 users?

Hey Swagger what up bro? I started this thread to give other D2 users an idea of what "To come" of the official update via verizon/moto...Yes, the Dx got their update to gingerbread..before they officially sent the update, they do a trial or a "soak" to test the software...I know you probably already are familiar with the way this works, but just wanted to specify in detail what this post was meant for and what it means...We are finally after a year getting our Official update to gingerbread..Which we saw however the D2global get the soak and fail...for too many bugs or whatever..So they sent us one this time..I am sure though, its going to be identical or more like closely resembling the update the DX users got..We will be happy as the devs will now be able to start work I'm sure soon after the update..this part however I am unsure.because of all the ginger goodness we have all been getting based off of the leak...

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didn't understand anything that you were talking about lol. Please explain what is "soak"?

on the miui shiz

A soak, is a testing of the waters to a few select members devices to see how the update will take...Gingerbread...the Official Gingerbread released with blur and whatever else they added..lol

OP
droid2drummer

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
dx has gb yes. d2 however just had the soak released last night, i am in the soak. so far it seems great. but i havent really had much time to play with it. but i have used my phone today as i always do and have had no issues. but havent explored every extent. battery life seem good. i was on monster leak and this is very similar. infact i havent really noticed a difference. and it is rootable. via d3 method

[ROOT] Droid 3 root instructions (One Click added for Windows/ Linux/ OSX)se this file

MotorolaOneClickRoot_psouza4.zip
e
asy a cake takes about 5 min

only problem with rooting is as of right now no way back. no sbf, no unroot.

Thanks man I really apreciate it!! That's awesome news! Keep us posted! Thanks again! the drummer!:)

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I see. So how do you see if you got the invite or not? I never get invited to any of this good stuff. For all the trouble VZW caused me a few months back by overbilling me $450 out of nowhere, you'd think they'd do something nice for me.

americanz

Reaction score
hey any time. just trying to help everyone out. i am afraid i may be screwed tho as i did root. and if they send out a revised ota after the soak. i will not be able to receive it.....

americanz

Reaction score
I see. So how do you see if you got the invite or not? I never get invited to any of this good stuff. For all the trouble VZW caused me a few months back by overbilling me $450 out of nowhere, you'd think they'd do something nice for me.

its not vzw. its motorola. you have to sign up for the soak.