Official CWM by Koush

ndoren

Reaction score
Ndoren...thanks for your help...worked perfectly!!!

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Awesome... glad to hear. Stay tuned as I am sure there will be a lot of developments here over the next few weeks. Special thanks to Hashcode, Koush, and others, for their brilliant work. Be sure to donate to them and to buy their payed apps in support! Neall

MotoDroid775

Reaction score
Awesome... glad to hear. Stay tuned as I am sure there will be a lot of developments here over the next few weeks. Special thanks to Hashcode, Koush, and others, for their brilliant work. Be sure to donate to them and to buy their payed apps in support! Neall

Yes always do...I also encourage people to pay for apps for continued support...Once again thanks to everybody

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Daaz

Reaction score
heh. pulling the battery fixed it, disregard ery thang

Last edited:

thomasshawn

Reaction score
hey guys
i followed the directions and now how removed hashcodes and successfully run Rom manger to boot into recover where I made a backup. rebooted into Rom manger and under manage backups, nothing? So I am currently making another one that I initiated from within ROM manger (backup current ROM). we'll see if it shows in the ROM manager after reboot.

I also notice that holding down the M on powerup still gives me the option of BP tools but it simply advances on to a reboot into the powered-up phone. I assume this is because I uninstalled hascode's bootstrap.

So I guess currently we have to choose. do we want the ease of Rom manger to reboot into recovery but no ability to access these backups without a working phone.

Or use hashcode's bootstrap which at least gives us access from power-off (just hold M and load BP tools into recovery that way)

am I understanding this right?

I know they are working on a best of both worlds setup now but I want to make sure I understand it. seems as a fail-safe it is better to keep hashcodes bootstrap on for emergencies and load ROM manager as needed.
BTW is there a way to uninstall Koush's bootstrapper? I didn't see an uninstall option on his program. do we just uninstall it?

thanks

dbones

Reaction score
So I made a backup to test and make sure it would restore smoothly and while I was restoring it said system restore error, so I tried another backup and restore and same thing again. Anyone else here have this problem?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

ndoren

Reaction score
hey guys
i followed the directions and now how removed hashcodes and successfully run Rom manger to boot into recover where I made a backup. rebooted into Rom manger and under manage backups, nothing? So I am currently making another one that I initiated from within ROM manger (backup current ROM). we'll see if it shows in the ROM manager after reboot.

thanks

The backups you did with Hashcode's are on your external SD. ROM manager only stores/restores from the internal SD, so it doesn't see your previous Hashcode nandroid backups. Neall

ndoren

Reaction score
So I made a backup to test and make sure it would restore smoothly and while I was restoring it said system restore error, so I tried another backup and restore and same thing again. Anyone else here have this problem?

Wow, this doesn't sound good. I haven't tried this yet, as I didn't see the reason to restore a backup to a perfectly good phone :) Did you try restoring from ROM Manager, or directly from CWM? Or both. Kinda defeats the purpose if the nandroid backups can't be restored.

dbones

Reaction score
Wow, this doesn't sound good. I haven't tried this yet, as I didn't see the reason to restore a backup to a perfectly good phone :) Did you try restoring from ROM Manager, or directly from CWM? Or both. Kinda defeats the purpose if the nandroid backups can't be restored.

Yeah I tried both and I hope this gets corrected soon:-[

thomasshawn

Reaction score
The backups you did with Hashcode's are on your external SD. ROM manager only stores/restores from the internal SD, so it doesn't see your previous Hashcode nandroid backups. Neall

actually, I did the new bootstrap. then I went into ROM manager and click reboot into recovery. then I did a full backup. rebooted. went into rom manager not there. so I click on back up this ROM from within ROm manager, it rebooted into same screen did a full backup and this 2nd backup was visible from ROM manager but not the first.

anybody know if simply uninstalling Koush's bootstrap removes the recover? I'm thinking I like having hashtag's access from power-off better than access to ROM manager.