Official CWM by Koush

logan5

Reaction score
Koush just added official support for CWM. Chatter on XDA....
MUST UNINSTALL PREVIOUS HASHCODE'S CWM BEFORE USING!
MUST UNINSTALL PREVIOUS HASHCODE'S CWM BEFORE USING!
Apparently you can only reboot into CWM using the app. No obvious way to boot into CWM from power-off.

http://t.co/IM110WZ3 (thanks somemadcaaant)

Last edited:

i4mt3hwin

Reaction score
Kind of defeats the point when you can't boot into the recovery without using the app, doesn't it?

OP
logan5

logan5

Reaction score
But it has full ROM flashing capabilities and all other wipe options are working.

i4mt3hwin

Reaction score
Yeah I guess that's nice but if you flash something that doesn't work you're looking at a full fastboot restore. I'd rather have the ability to restore than to flash new ROMS.

OP
logan5

logan5

Reaction score
Koush said the hack was designed to automatically go into recovery in case of bootloop. Hashcode said he was currently working on a way to get into Koush's recovery using bptools.
I would really like a foolproof way for recovery.... (don't we all! :) )

aggiechase37

Reaction score
Can't we make nandroids to get into if something happens with this? Not that there are any ROM's to flash yet anyway...

MotoDroid775

Reaction score
OK quick question. So I've uninstalled Hashcodes bootstrap. Even replaced bloatedware using PSouza's scripts. Thanks Guys for what you do for us. So here is where I'm questioning. I've downloaded Koushs Bootstrap for the Droid3. I now have the options of bootstrap recovery and reboot recovery. What do I do? Bootstrap Recovery? And Then down load Rom Manager to install the actual recovery? Thanks for your help. You all are great...

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

ndoren

Reaction score
OK quick question. I now have the options of bootstrap recovery and reboot recovery. What do I do? Bootstrap Recovery? And Then down load Rom Manager to install the actual recovery? Thanks for your help. You all are great...

Neither. You can't get to Koush's recovery from either bootloader or reboot recovery. If we could, that would solve the whole problem of not getting to CWM from a powered-down state. I know they are working on solutions (manual entry from power-up or a bootloop resolver). For now, you can only do it from Koush's "Droid 3 Bootstrapper" program (apk), or directly from Rom Manager. That means you have to have a bootable phone to get to CWM, where you can create a bootable phone :).

I wish the nandroid backups from Rom Manager would store to the external SD.. they appear to only go to the internal. I know I can transfer from one to the other but directly choosing destination would be nice. Neall

Last edited:

MotoDroid775

Reaction score
Neither. You can't get to Koush's recovery from either bootloader or reboot recovery. If we could, that would solve the whole problem of not getting to CWM from a powered-down state. I know they are working on solutions (manual entry from power-up or a bootloop resolver). For now, you can only do it from Koush's "Droid 3 Bootstrapper" program (apk), or directly from Rom Manager. That means you have to have a bootable phone to get to CWM, where you can create a bootable phone :).

I wish the nandroid backups from Rom Manager would store to the external SD.. they appear to only go to the internal. I know I can transfer from one to the other but directly choosing destination would be nice. Neall

So how do I flash ClockworkMod Recovery? Via Rom Manager?

ndoren

Reaction score
So how do I flash ClockworkMod Recovery? Via Rom Manager?

Go to the market and install the "Droid 3 recovery bootstrap" by clockwordmod. Install, open it, and press "bootstrap recovery." Of course, probably goes without saying that you need to be rooted.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE UNINSTALLED HASHCODE's recovery first, if in fact you had installed that previously. You may be rewarded with a soft brick otherwise.

You can then get to the CWM recovery by going into the same app and pressing 'reboot recovery."

Afterwards, from within Rom Manager, I selected the top option ""Flash ClockworkMod Recovery." I then selected "Droid 3" and let 'er rip. Thus, I can get to CWM recovery from either the Droid 3 recovery bootstrap program, or from within Rom Manager. I haven't tried to restore a nandroid backup yet from Rom Manager, but they seem to be generated just fine via its "Backup Current Rom" option.

Neall

Last edited:

MotoDroid775

Reaction score
Go to the market and install the "Droid 3 recovery bootstrap" by clockwordmod. Install, open it, and press "bootstrap recovery." Of course, probably goes without saying that you need to be rooted.

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE UNINSTALLED HASHCODE's recovery first, if in fact you had installed that previously. You may be rewarded with a soft brick otherwise.

You can then get to the CWM recovery by going into the same app and pressing 'reboot recovery."

Afterwards, from within Rom Manager, I selected the top option ""Flash ClockworkMod Recovery." I then selected "Droid 3" and let 'er rip. Thus, I can get to CWM recovery from either the Droid 3 recovery bootstrap program, or from within Rom Manager. I haven't tried to restore a nandroid backup yet from Rom Manager, but they seem to be generated just fine via its "Backup Current Rom" option.

Neall

Ndoren...thanks for your help...worked perfectly!!!