[Official] CPU Temp Results

JayCizzo

Reaction score
I've noticed significantly higher temps using the AdamZ kernel on BB 1.1. Here was my temp while the phone had sat idle for a few minutes using the AdamZ kernel.

AdamZ-temp.jpg

And here it is with the DroidMod kernel. Phone had been sitting in the vehicle mount on my drive to work idle.

DroidMod-temp.jpg

The highest temps I've seen so far with the DroidMod kernel is around 41 Celsius. This was while surfing the internet.

JayCizzo

Reaction score
At lunch today I had my Droid in the car dock, with a car charger plugged in and Navigation running. My CPU temps were mid to high 40's and even went over 50C at one point. That seems pretty high to me. I'm only OC'd to 800MHZ. I'll do some more testing but I'd be interested to know what others are getting in a similar situation.

sportadic22

Reaction score
anyone else seeing trends of higher temps in some kernels...and lower in others? what temps you seeing....

JayCizzo

Reaction score
anyone else seeing trends of higher temps in some kernels...and lower in others? what temps you seeing....

Yes. I switched to Chevy's 1.25GHZ kernel and my idle temps are low 20's and running Navigation while charging maxes out at 41-42 now. Surfing the internet is usually mid to high 30's. I'm very pleased with this kernel.

sportadic22

Reaction score
I'm using the 2.6.29 adamz kernel.. clocked at 900.as iIwrite this i am getting temps between 105 and 120f..... daily activities and texting..ill see temps like 105 to 120.regularly... highest I've had is 140. is this normal for anyone else on this kernel.. should I switch to something else. any suggestions. thanks.
I'm using smoked 4.1. blue theme

banderbe

Reaction score
I'm running DroidMod 1.0

Currently charging so running 600 mhz, and wifi tethering for about an hour now. Also using a live wallpaper.. which I assume is going to push the temp up a little.

OMAP - 51/123
AK - 47/116

Seems kinda hot..or maybe not.. I really have no idea.. but from what I have read here it's well within the specs put out by TI - I have this stiff rubber case on my phone so I'm sure that's not helping but it's a great case.

Reaction score
Is your phone set up with a Low, Standard, or Increased Voltage kernel? I loaded up BB 1.1 on accident with a IV kernel, dropped 20% charge in about 90 minutes at 900 MHz. Then I swapped it for a 7 slot 1.1 GHz LV kernel, temps are about 15-20 C cooler and battery lasts longer than stock 550 MHz kernel when at 800, and only slightly shorter (before battery level failsafes) at 1.0 GHz.